Sign in to follow this  
Kenjiro75

Where are you going to fly when MSFS is released?

I bet most of you already have some planned routes in their heads or even on paper/PC. My plans are as follows:

- Start at my local (EPPO) airport and fly C172 around my city, find my house, see all those local POIs

Later, when I check every aircraft:

- Fly VFR around my country (Poland)

- Fly VFR around the shores of the Mediterranean sea (DA62)

- Fly VFR around Europe (TBM930)

I currently use X-Plane 11 and in 95% of cases I fly airliners IFR, so... my plans even surprised myself... GA aircraft and VFR... I guess only when I feel satisfied with all those stunning views I'll jump into a cockpit of something bigger.

So, what are you plans when MSFS2020 is finally released?

Edited by Kenjiro75

I, too, will start at my home airport....KABE.  That's Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Pennsylvania. Why?  Because I know it so well and that's my default airport.  You can tell a lot from flying from your default airport first.

Stan

Dear spilok, perhaps you know and could suggest any really scenic & stunning VFR routes in your region? Just one or two, 100-400 nm long, you could simply give the origin - via - destination.

Thanks!

LXGB - My brother has a flat overlooking part of the runway.  Many happy hours have we spent on his balcony with a few beers.  I have the Aerosoft scenery but the rock looks terrible.

I wonder how it will look in MSFS 2020 and if the 'unique' winds will be modelled.

Of course, the cherry on top of the cake would be a simulation of the Surveillance Radar Approach 🙂

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 4:40 AM, Deleted said:

Yet again? Search the existing thread.

How many times has this been brought up?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

On 2/8/2020 at 10:40 AM, Deleted said:

Yet again? 

Yes, then what ?  There are constantly new comers to this forum  who are not aware of its thread history. Why the  sour grapes ?

On the spirit of @Noooch's post just above, here are three threads I think of .There are maybe a couple more but that should do it to start with ! 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

One thing I've realized is that at least for flight simming, I'm much more of a creature of habit than I thought.

While testing, for quite a while I stuck to my favorite Orbx scenery areas around California, and then places not so well covered in the northeast, like New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania etc.

Then some trueearth areas like Seattle, and the uk......

All places I know from other sims.

I've been surprised how reluctant I've been in searching beyond my habitual stomping grounds, but in the last two weeks ive been pushing myself into Asia, Japan in particular, and about to head for spain etc.

It's hard to think off the top of my head of enticing (to me) destinations in out of the way countries...

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

For VFR stuff I will (obviously) fly over every house I've ever lived in, and then do a lot of southern Rockies flying.

For IFR, I probably won't change the pattern from what I do now all that much. I do a lot of flying in and out of Flightbeam's airports (KMSP, KDEN, KPHX, KPDX, KIAD) and I don't imagine that will change. Scenery isn't quite as important at 40,000 feet, and I like those airports. I will, of course, do the traditional buzzing of the National Mall to see how much better it looks than FSX/P3d. 😉

4 hours ago, gb09f said:

LXGB

I wonder how it will look in MSFS 2020 and if the 'unique' winds will be modelled.

🙂

Care to elaborate ? I very much look forward to the new air flow in FS20. What is so unique  in Gibraltar ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

One thing I've realized is that at least for flight simming, I'm much more of a creature of habit than I thought.

While testing, for quite a while I stuck to my favorite Orbx scenery areas around California, and then places not so well covered in the northeast, like New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania etc.

Then some trueearth areas like Seattle, and the uk......

All places I know from other sims.

I've been surprised how reluctant I've been in searching beyond my habitual stomping grounds, but in the last two weeks ive been pushing myself into Asia, Japan in particular, and about to head for spain etc.

It's hard to think off the top of my head of enticing (to me) destinations in out of the way countries...

Just do a search for the most beautiful places on earth.

That will give you some good ideas for exploration.

• Like 1

I plan to fly around Canada, and see how good of a job the Azure AI autogen did, since I'm guessing there's probably no photogrammetry areas outside of MAYBE Toronto.

8 hours ago, Kenjiro75 said:

Dear spilok, perhaps you know and could suggest any really scenic & stunning VFR routes in your region? Just one or two, 100-400 nm long, you could simply give the origin - via - destination.

Thanks!

sorry to jump in but you might try what I intend first which is KIPT to KHMZ.  Im hoping that'll be nice in the new sim.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.