February 20th, 2020 – Development/Insider Update

WoW! Man what's to say, other than WoW!

The detail is insane.

Untitled.png

Edited by jhnWik
more info
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Miami doesn't seem to be one of those detail focused airports, either that or they haven't touched it yet, which is entirely possible..
It's very flat and generic in the video

MSFS
JbwZyqL.png

Google Earth 3D view
bsaQF7h.png

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, aleex said:

Come on! We are not talking about 8 years old specs. Those GPU are only one generation old, and that CPU is good. I don’t think a game that has been on production for 5 years needs latest high end specs...

17 hours ago, Chock said:

I wouldn't be too sure about that. The new sim can apparently automatically scale things back to allow a wide range of users to enjoy it, and you also have to consider that FSX does what it does and sometimes struggles with FPS because it is so CPU bound, whereas the new sim will use the GPU for much of that work. The main reason flight simmers have had to buy flashy computer rigs in recent years, is because with FS etc being so CPU-bound, they needed a sledgehammer to crack a walnut.

Also bear in mind that it would be entirely counter productive in terms of potential sales for Microsoft to make a flight sim which could only be run on some kind of supercomputer, because as you so rightly point out, not everyone who would wish to use it will have such a thing.

I am willing to bet that if you cranked up Call of Duty, or Skyrim or some such and slid the graphics options up high, it would be flying along on your computer, and that is probably a better indication of what it can do than to base an assumption on how it handles FSX. A good test of its processing mettle, would be to see how the latest train sims run on it, because they are more akin to the way the new flight sim will process stuff with lots of detail. If it can run those okay, I bet it'll run the new flight sim okay too.

Thank you for this ray of hope @aleex and @Chock. I'm going remain optimistic because of your reassurances! 🙂👍

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, tweekz said:

I think your system should be able to run MSFS. You might have to lower your settings tho.

Sorry @tweekz, I missed your encouraging post as well! 😁

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chock said:

Yes it makes it tall, but it doesn't scale it up to massive proportions so that a blade of grass is six inches wide.

A massive 6 inches/15 cm wide hey 😂 ? Not less ! This is the width of the iPad screen on which I write this post... You belong to the mSparks school of measurement 😉 ?

another view

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Re undulations and slopes.

I would be surprised if the available meshes allow a LIDAR precision for the 40k airports the world over. There are meshes better than the Shuttle 30 m topographic survey but they are localized.  How large is a hump ? About 3/5 meters wide and 2/3 meters high ? That calls for a sharp mesh !  It is inevitable that a lot of runways will be flatter than real and will need a manual correction which is a tedious business. And don’t expect the mesh to give you the exact width of a  blade of grass😇.

On a side note, that raises another time the issue of which mesh Asobo uses .

On another side note I am amused to see that our distinguished fellow pilots here cannot accord themselves on the topic. Humps or no hump.  Maybe they don’t land at the same airports (just teasing you guys).

• Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

19 hours ago, Victoroos said:

Sad about ifr though.. 

You made that comment twice within an hour. What are you getting at? What’s sad about IFR? Feel like I’m missing something.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 minutes ago, cmpbellsjc said:

You made that comment twice within an hour. What are you getting at? What’s sad about IFR? Feel like I’m missing something.

He means that. That the MP EP is a priority over the IFR one is indeed a strange choice.

Note – due to the increasing demand for multiplayer information, we have swapped release dates for Episode 7 (IFR) and Episode 8 (MP).

• Episode 8 will now be released on March 5th
  • Episode 7 will now be released the end of March.

Dominique

Is that red collision lights on tall buildings we have now? The LAX nighttime shot in the background am referring to. 

Edited by Carts85

4 hours ago, Casualcas said:

, I love this guy, he shares my humor. And the compare pics, I was actually going to start this weekend. Thanks for that Broth

Tell me why they all these guys comment their YT as they were out of breath, late and in hurry to catch  their flight ?

Dominique

14 minutes ago, domkle said:

He means that. That the MP EP is a priority over the IFR one is indeed a strange choice.

Note – due to the increasing demand for multiplayer information, we have swapped release dates for Episode 7 (IFR) and Episode 8 (MP).

• Episode 8 will now be released on March 5th
  • Episode 7 will now be released the end of March.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Had no idea what he was referring to.

14 minutes ago, domkle said:

Tell me why they all these guys comment their YT as they were out of breath, late and in hurry to catch  their flight ?

It’s the result of living on Red Bull/Monster energy drinks, fast food, vaping, sitting down all day and lack of physical exercise. Just a hint of excitement makes them out of breath and gasping for air due to the clogged arteries and constricted blood vessels. 😂😂😂😂

It’s true!

• Like 4

Another jaw-dropping video by Asobo, well done.  One comment though, I hope they fix the strobe light behaviour on the AI and user aircraft so it matches what they look like in the real world.  There is a difference between the flash on a Boeing vs. Airbus aircraft (single vs. double) and it will also be nice to see LED's simulated on the wingtips as well as the anti-collision lights.  Minor details but it seems like they want to get everything right.

\Robert Hamlich/

4 hours ago, jhnWik said:

WoW! Man what's to say, other than WoW!

The detail is insane.

Untitled.png

I know man. VFR will just be so much fun!

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved