Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Can't update REX Environment Force

23 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

I am so lucky, unfortunately I just can't win the Lottery.

I was going to write a longish piece detailing my experience with REX and EF in particular but decided not to, as my experience 

will surely draw much negativity as is evidenced above.

Suffice it to say EF works flawlessly for me.

There.

I also got the product to work previously I uninstallled it due the fact that I just got CTD with Aerosoft A330 and REX EF. After uninstalling EF no CTD occured. So I decided to remove the "problem".

Just one of a lot of (negative) experiences I got and endless nights of testing the EF product UP and DOWN the ladder.

I am not saying the product does not work. BUT I am saying the products are too complex to handle. It is not just install and run. You have to solve issues, aks questions why is this and why is that, just run a uninstaller doesn´t work either. You have to manually remove the REX Module Folder. If installed again, you aks yourself why I EF recognizing my previous settings in the mini UI? I did uninstall it AND manually removed the REX Modul folder. You will find out that there are more folders and files to remove...manually.

Get the real problem now? It is not "self explaining" and has to much side effects. 

I like what I am seeing as a result in the sim....most of the time. But it comes with a lot of "bad taste" and "unwanted side effects". I want to control my sim. If I have the feeling that there is a lot going on which I did not know...I don´t like the product and just remove it to get back the control.

And believe me I did make proposals to REX EF what has to be done to make the product "easy to handle" and sometimes "less functionality is more". At least at the initial roll out. They promised to enhance the product further. Now almost a year later....they still have core issues and almost no enhancement has reached us. Of course they will explain and find reasons why that is (server updates, DB Updates and issues, update the registration process......and sp far and so on).

But really? I don´t really care. I wanted to get rid of these side effects and prefer:

• Read the manual
  • Understand what I bought and what is in it for me
  • Install
  • minimal config
  • Run
  • Decide to turn it on or off (bases on experiences or problems with other addons)
  • uninstall
  • and use P3D without having issues AFTER uninstalling

That is what I prefer.....again...just my opinion which other users may share or may not share...

Too much hassle.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

20 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

I am so lucky, unfortunately I just can't win the Lottery.

I was going to write a longish piece detailing my experience with REX and EF in particular but decided not to, as my experience 

will surely draw much negativity as is evidenced above.

Suffice it to say EF works flawlessly for me.

There.

It does for me, it just wrong they have not fixed the thing I say and asking me to ask AS about the flat clouds is another lol as AS say ask REX.

But I will still use SF but REX don’t lessen very well.

Shame as I do love SF over PTA and all others I have tried.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

It does for me, it just wrong they have not fixed the thing I say and asking me to ask AS about the flat clouds is another lol as AS say ask REX.

But I will still use SF but REX don’t lessen very well.

Shame as I do love SF over PTA and all others I have tried.

I recognize this one too. Flat clouds.....strange "black" shading when looking down....to bright clouds at night.....struggle with morphing......struggle with "jumping clouds in size up and down"......the list is long.

I also love a lot of things....but these things are pretending me to "keep my hands off" their products.

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

52 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I recognize this one too. Flat clouds.....strange "black" shading when looking down....to bright clouds at night.....struggle with morphing......struggle with "jumping clouds in size up and down"......the list is long.

I also love a lot of things....but these things are pretending me to "keep my hands off" their products.

I have just turned off "Enable cirrus cloud morphing" OFF as this option simple does not work unless you like flat "Doom" like sprites and its not AS fault.

I have also Turned OFF " Enable automatic texture sync"

Installed SF clouds that I like and hopefully EF will leave them alone!! but I doughy it.

After all this time...a year I was hopping this TU would make SF shine, it seems after the flight I've just done, no different to before the TU. 

The new version does not even save my start in task-bar option with no tweaking option. 

I great product but no cigar.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Guys, can you let me know what are the issues with EF?

Just bullet the points.

Thanks

Federico

Federico Sucari

19 hours ago, rstough said:

We have a very high customer service rating.  

+1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fs1 said:

Guys, can you let me know what are the issues with EF?

Just bullet the points.

Thanks

Federico

1) Still no option to permanently turn off HDR Adaptive lighting. Should be in the main UI in options.

2) Still get flat clouds, started with SF, Before with REX soft clouds , clouds were perfect, don't blame ASP4 please.

3) Cirrus cloud repeating (looks like copy and past) all over the place looks terrible when it happens, would prefer an option just to turn off cirrus if SF cannot draw then repeatedly or not totaly flat like it does.

4) New TU does not seem to save the option to make it goto system tray on start up with no tweak option on, not a big deal but 1-2-3 are.

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

1) Still no option to permanently turn off HDR Adaptive lighting. Should be in the main UI in options.

2) Still get flat clouds, started with SF, Before with REX soft clouds , clouds were perfect, don't blame ASP4 please.

3) Cirrus cloud repeating (looks like copy and past) all over the place looks terrible when it happens, would prefer an option just to turn off cirrus if SF cannot draw then repeatedly or not totaly flat like it does.

4) New TU does not seem to save the option to make it goto system tray on start up with no tweak option on, not a big deal but 1-2-3 are.

Hi @Nyxx, I will check 1).

I will have @rstough check 2) and 3), this happens without SF as well?

Also, 4) @rstough will take a look.

Thanks

Federico

Federico Sucari

Will I get problems if I run the simulator without EF?  If I do not want to use it in the next flight. 

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

9 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

Will I get problems if I run the simulator without EF?  If I do not want to use it in the next flight. 

P3D won’t remember you have used EF.

Just clear the cache and you will be good.

Federico Sucari

I works really good for me, after trying different combinations. What works best for me is ASP4 + AS Cloudart + EF on auto with only scene and water lighting enabled.

Edited by rob0203

My question is a bit off topic, but I stopped using EF a while back, but cant quite help think it's still effecting the brightness of my sim(everything is very light and the clouds always seem very white). I heard horror stories of it still changing things when it wasn't being used and even after a full reinstall of P3D.

Is there a process I can follow to conclude that it isn't still having an effect on my P3D before I uninstall it?

13 hours ago, fs1 said:

Hi @Nyxx, I will check 1).

I will have @rstough check 2) and 3), this happens without SF as well?

Also, 4) @rstough will take a look.

Thanks

Federico

I ment EF not SF in #3

31 minutes ago, Litmoose said:

My question is a bit off topic, but I stopped using EF a while back, but cant quite help think it's still effecting the brightness of my sim(everything is very light and the clouds always seem very white). I heard horror stories of it still changing things when it wasn't being used and even after a full reinstall of P3D.

Is there a process I can follow to conclude that it isn't still having an effect on my P3D before I uninstall it?

Turn off Adaptive HDR then the lighting is great and would say a bit better in the new TU. All the over brightness is do to HDR Adaptive being on everytime you start the sim.

In the mini UI scroll down to you see

HDR Adaptive it should have a dash " - " that should be OFF...but its not.

Click it to turn it ON "a tick mark"

The one below that is is HDR lighting turn that OFF

The screen will go black for a few seconds, once its back turn HDR lighting back ON, screen will go black again for a few seconds, once back...

Now turn HDR Adaptive to OFF

Now it sticks for the flight.

I dread to think the cost of this to REX, if only they had made this an option on release, and 1 year later its still ON by default. I despair at the amount of people that this simple option has turned them away and it's still not fixed as a simple option to turn OFF permanently. sadly they never listened when I reported this more than once on the beta forums.

Don't get me wrong I love EF but no option to turn this off and still flat clouds in is TU, really!!

I often want to take a screenshot and don't because some flat clouds totally destroy the look. Come on REX! The sky looked amazing with soft clouds and SF but EF has done something and I really thought you would have sorted it. Again please don't go down the route of...O its AS, please.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

The funny thing is we have a help forum below this one and Poppet will explain how to restore P3D back to bare default shaders simple to do, as well as a lot of other great advise and I still have a read through before upgrading P3D.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

14 hours ago, fs1 said:

I confirm this on my system (Win10, Prepar3D 4.5 HF2)

Otherwise the update went smoothly, all my parameters but "automatic texture sync" were restaured and I had to give ONLY ONCE my key 🙂

Gérard