Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How many of you are going to ditch P3D/X-Plane for MSFS2020?

I'd like to ask a question instead of creating a new topic I've seen anywhere else on the cloud issue?

I noticed on P3D the clouds give the impression of being always just below the plane! There is no feeling of height on P3D whether we are at FL100 or FL400 we always have the clouds under the plane

Will it be the same for FS2020? no photo or video ...

I really hope to have this immersion in addition to finally having really low clouds when we are in CRZ

6 hours ago, mSparks said:

Does not say

-If I want to have access to the maps and all the features, will I have to pay a subscription?

-No.

However much you wish it did. Gamepass is not the only subscription in the zoo.

The subscription IS game pass. They have said there are TWO ways to buy the sim. 1. Game pass. 2. Purchased in the conventional way...  Not Game pass. conventional one off purchase  and a third subscription based method. They have clearly said TWO methods not THREE!

We don't have all the details yet, but what I can tell you now is that there will definitely be a way to buy the simulator like any other simulator before. But it will also become part of the Xbox and PC Game Pass subscription plan, which gives access to 100 games for those platforms. So there will be two ways to get the FS2020 . What there is not going to be is a subscription plan only for the FS2020 .

Clearly the subscription plan that includes more than just the sim is Game Pass. And I quote...

"there is not going to be is a subscription plan only for the FS2020 " 

In addition, it quite clearly states, that streaming maps and features is with a one off purchase in the conventional way...

-Suppose I just want the simulator. If I buy nothing but the FS2020, do I also have access to streaming maps and other features?

-Exact.

Edited by martin-w

2 hours ago, Axis3600 said:

on P3D the clouds give the impression of being always just below the plane! 

Hmm, no, not really, at least in my setup. Have you an addon like Active Sky?

2 hours ago, Axis3600 said:

Will it be the same for FS2020? no photo or video

Go to the FS20 You Tube channel and watch the videos (plenty of them)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqONzeACDBaF6FfKjh7ndAQ

specially (but not only) the Feature Discovery series Episode 2 :Weather

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1585674367-sans-titre.jpgOui, bien sûr, j'utilise Active Sky.

Mais oui j'ai toujours l'impression d'avoir les nuages toujours en dessous de l'avion quel que soit le niveau de vol.

Il n'y a pas une telle sensation de hauteur.

Edited by Axis3600

It will be a slow transformation...there's a brand new M.2 2280 1TB hard-drive waiting for FS2020!

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

In addition, it quite clearly states, that streaming maps and features is with a one off purchase in the conventional way...

This subscription talk will go on at least until release day and even after that there will probably be talk about how MS needs to introduce a subscription later down the road because they will go bankrupt if they don't charge a monthly fee for a flight simulator weather download.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

8 hours ago, martin-w said:

The subscription IS game pass.

XBOX live is also subscription

And XBOX gaming service subscriptions are being completely overhauled, by the time MSFS2020 is released it is entirely possible even something as simple as free PC multiplayer could be discontinued.

8 hours ago, martin-w said:

"there is not going to be is a subscription plan only for the FS2020 " 

let me fix that for you

"there is not going to be is a subscription plan only for xbox games

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

14 hours ago, threegreen said:

This subscription talk will go on at least until release day and even after that there will probably be talk about how MS needs to introduce a subscription later down the road because they will go bankrupt if they don't charge a monthly fee for a flight simulator weather download.

Again... more speculation on your part. MS/Asobo arent idiots. They will have determined what is required in this respect for the title to be financially viable. The pricing model, as the article points out, has been fleshed out. 

What many are failing to realise is that the "one off" single payment option is the variable. It may well be that this single payment is very much higher than we are used to when purchasing a simulator.

2 hours ago, martin-w said:

Again... more speculation on your part.

I was joking in reference to the ever-ongoing discussion about subscriptions despite several statements from MS/AS speaking against a subscription. That includes the latter part of my comment as well because there were even suggestions that it would not be feasible for a hundred billion dollar firm to run a project which makes up a negligible fraction of the entire business without charging fees for weather downloads and scenery data streaming.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Deliver pricing and release date is down to MS according to Asobo they are the developers in other words Phil spencer and game studio, and when asked about pricing and delivery option they would not comment at OX19, so either  they haven't got a clue or more likely unwilling to tell at moment.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

17 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Deliver pricing and release date is down to MS according to Asobo they are the developers in other words Phil spencer and game studio, and when asked about pricing and delivery option they would not comment at OX19, so either  they haven't got a clue or more likely unwilling to tell at moment.

Jorg Neumann is at Microsoft and he gave the interview which is referenced above. So while they may not have been willing to disclose anything at events so far, there is solid information on this matter.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 2

On 3/31/2020 at 12:05 PM, mSparks said:

Does not say

You should ease off a little with your negative assumptions.

I remember you suggesting that MS will allow third party devs to offer liveries only. 😄
This got debunked in one of the last updates.

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

19 minutes ago, tweekz said:

You should ease off a little with your negative assumptions.

I remember you suggesting that MS will only allow third party devs to offer liveries. 😄
This got debunked with in the last updates.

Not sure "debunked" is quite how I'd describe it, perhaps more

On 3/24/2020 at 4:05 AM, mSparks said:

This is at least a step in the right direction of the sdk having no system, file or run permissions - which is what it was looking like before. But its taken google 14 years of intensive development to get that balanced to the point that every other developer isnt rooting their device.

Removing one out of three barriers to more than livery development is hardly a debunking, especially when even that barrier has been "removed" in such a way as no seasoned developer would want to touch it with a barge pole.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

Jorg Neumann is at Microsoft and he gave the interview which is referenced above. So while they may not have been willing to disclose anything at events so far, there is solid information on this matter.

I’ve heard that MS has retained Tony Randazzo as a consultant for the price setting policy.🐟

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

there is solid information on this matter.

Everything is sorted then just it`s (Top Secret classified information) at the moment, that`s why on every insider update roadmap it`s in the top question's list.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg