Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

Prepar3D v5 and VR

26 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Flickering? Oh no....

I saw posts about oversized cockpit now also in VR in v5. Is it true?

Yes. Very oversized

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

OK, a quick report of V5 in VR. I am using ORBX scenery for Northern California and at KMRY - Monterrey. My system is a 9700K at 5Gz, 32gb RAM, and a RTX2070 (442.50 driver ) with an HP Reverb (SS=100% 2160x2200 or so ). VR seems faster by 20 to 30%. I've not much time to try various settings. I usually run with unlimited frames and reprojection=auto but I am seeing a little problem maybe with head tracking lag (or something ). I generally like to swivel my head around a lot but I ended up with more of a fixed head position. The frame rate wants to be near to 80 to 90fps (I have water at LOW, HDR off,  but I prefer smooth so I ended up with setting the P3Dv5 frame rate with the internal limiter right at 45fps and running reprojection=motionvector which always runs at 45 - doesn't try to return to 90.  Seems very smooth when looking at the ground scenery. I run 4k textures, 4xMSAA, 8xAniso. low shadow quality, no reflections, and low draw distance (for now).  I will compare the same scenery and settings with v4 tomorrow.

Anyway, it works pretty well! 

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

VR is definitely faster, smoother and has less distant shimmering. The left eye flicker is disturbing, but I only see it when limiting fps below 90.

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

For oversized cockpit did you try this: 

or settings from P3Dv4.5? I have still P3Dv4.5 so I can share it.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

So True Sky in VR is not working? This is a serious letdown, as those flat clouds are a immersion killer. They advertise it as "the feature" and then it doesnt work in VR, very disapointing.

At leat the performance seems to make a leap...

Edited by Chandler

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

Flickering only in Rift? 

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

I think I saw minor flickering too with the HP reverb. I think it might be in conjunction with reprojection

Edited by whitav8

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

I have it too. I will describe it as an input lag. The hole image is sharp, but the movements are like there is an inoput lag. A massive one. I saw in the windows performance monitor that my rtx 208ti is only utilized at 15% while in VR.

I use an HP Reverb, set to 150% in WMR VR and medium settings in P3D. Most sliders in the middle.

Screen is set to 4K

As soon as I turn of the VR, al seem ok. Than also my rtx 2080ti gets utliized more

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, whitav8 said:

I think I saw too with the HP reverb

Can you check your VRAM Usage and GPU utiliuzation? I tested with HP Reverb, 150% and 100% in WMR VR. 60 and 90hz. Nothing helped. Seems to me as my GPU isn´t correct utilized/used. I will call it a massive input lag, instead of flickering. The FPS are ok, but the GPU seems "bored" and not "working" full power.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Same here. Parked it as EGLC with ORBX TE. Enabled VR but GPU use never over 10 percent and CPU use pretty low too. I'm also using an RTX2080TI.

Edited by snaparaz

Flickering could be a biggest problem. If its exist the sim is unplaybe in VR :(. I havent P3Dv5 yet ... it it looks that I stay with 4.5 still ...

Did you uncheck "Advanced enhancement atmospheric" option (v5 doesnt support this option in VR mode)?

Did You update nV Drivers for the last?

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Drivers up to date. Advanced is unchecked too. Seems like they needed to do a little more beta testing before green lighting this release.

Edited by snaparaz

7 minutes ago, snaparaz said:

Drivers up to date. Advanced is unchecked too. Seems like they needed to do a little more basic testing before green lighting this release.

OK Thanks for your Info. As I did register myself on P3D and haven´t got any reply just now from them for activating my Support Account, it would be nice if you can report the issue? Thanx a lot in advance.

PS: I am using :

• P3D V5 from 14.4.2020
  • Steam VR for WMR
  • HP Reverb
  • i7 8700k OC zo 5.1GhZ
  • 32GB RAM 3600MhZ Corsair Vengeance
  • Latest Nvidia Drivers
  • No CFG Tweaks
  • RTX 2080ti
  • Stereo/Single pass Rendering
  • Sliders P3D mostly Mid Range (exactly like in P3D V4.5HF2
  • UHD 32" Monitor Ssmsung Freesync
  • DirectX12 is installed
  • Windows 10 Home Edition

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Sorry to say, I also have the same problem with posting on P3D's forum. Still waiting for a password remind email, Also tried registering again, but like you, that email hasn't come either.  Rather frustrating. I'm going back to Xplane and Vulcan until this is sorted.

• Upvote 1