Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

FsElite Youtube Stream P3D V5 Night Lighting

3 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

It holds altitude, but by faulty means of doing it. 

Not in my opinion. 
If you are having issues then the PS forum is there to help 😉

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

20 hours ago, mpo910 said:

streaming terrain/scenery data. Just some whishes, not more and not less.

Oh no no no no no... Streaming? ....oh no... If it's about streaming then there is msfs... I love p3d cuz all I need is to download it once and I'm set to go... I love p3d because it's not dependant on the internet. ... No no no no .. no to streaming. Oh no....

9 minutes ago, tolip2 said:

I'm just trying to be open minded not be too protective of any platform just because of some emotional comittment. It's interesting that you say "regarding MSFS we know absolutely nothing", after having made the statement that it's just a simple game. Besides, did you miss all the devel Q&A sessions, demos, presentations, interviews, sample videos and so on? This is a work in progress so it's impossible for anyone to know what the final product will look like. To say "we know absolutely nothing" is simply not true though. I've heard the MSFS developers speak more about the inner workings of the sim that I've ever heard from the FS/FSX/P3D developers in 20 years. That's what I really like, instead of blindly accepting the "P3D is perfect, go away now and don't express your opinion" attitude that we see from the experts here.

I don't agree with "as real as it gets", no. And that's exactly why I think it's a good thing that there are developers out there who actually want to move forward and try new ideas. Did you ever try some spin recovery procedures in a C172 in FSX/P3D and then compare it to real life? Did you try the same in X-plane and notice any difference? From what we've heard about the aerodynamics design of MSFS, do you think there will be any difference? It seems that you agree that the "as real as it gets" aerodynamics from FS2000 wasn't really as real as it gets after all, so I'm not sure why you go so far to protect a platform that is pretty much still using it.

Did you read what I wrote ?

The flightmodel has changed over the years. And always there will be room for improvements.

If P3D is being used in the professional industry too then it surely is very good ..  

Keep in mind that Addon developers like PMDG, FsLabs and Prosim modify the model behavior even further....

We are just a bunch of armchair pilots claiming to know how real aircraft behave...✈️

- - - 

And perhaps we should go back on topic ? Nightlighting right ?  If I can get it better than what I already have I will be very happy again ...

• Upvote 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 minutes ago, GSalden said:

The flightmodel has changed over the years. 

Not very much. The basic FDE is still the same and some of the serious flaws can't be eliminated with this ancient FDE. It's that simple. 

I don't know why you believe that Level-D simulator are so super realistic. Ever heard about 737 Max Level-D simulators and their 'realism'?  Level-D simulators are very expensive procedure trainers, and the can be noticeable wrong at various parts of the envelope.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

We are just a bunch of armchair pilots claiming to know how real aircraft behave...

There are many real world pilots in here, including me, flying a variety of a/c. Although I don't think you need thousands of real world flying just to realize that a lot of areas in P3D need improvements.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, GSalden said:

We are just a bunch of armchair pilots claiming to know how real aircraft behave

But apparantly your opinion weighs more since you use Prosim 737 and MSFS will only be for entertainment (and can't possibly be used for realistic training in the future)?

What is your case here? You never make your point, just running laps and posting some screens from your sim.

It's like having a conversation with a bot. Totally incoherent at times.

I'm done.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 hour ago, Samany69 said:

Oh no no no no no... Streaming? ....oh no... If it's about streaming then there is msfs... I love p3d cuz all I need is to download it once and I'm set to go... I love p3d because it's not dependant on the internet. ... No no no no .. no to streaming. Oh no....

The streaming in MSFS has been beaten to death over and over and over and over and over again.  It's pretty clear that the streaming is totally optional. There is absolutely nothing that prevents the base OFFLINE scenery from being good, just as good as the best 3rd party scenery, and then OPTIONALLY use streaming on top of that for that extra eye candy. The internet dependancy level is 0. Zero. You can also cache as much or as little as you like. I can't see how this could be a bad thing. Should the devs not implement any new features just because there are some people who will continue to use only the old features? That's not the way to move forward.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

But apparantly your opinion weighs more since you use Prosim 737 and MSFS will only be for entertainment (and can't possibly be used for realistic training in the future)?

What is your case here? You never make your point, just running laps and posting some screens from your sim.

It's like having a conversation with a bot. Totally incoherent at times.

I'm done.

You really did not read what I wrote....  or do not get the point.

But that’s ok ...😊

Posting the vids was just about Nightlighting as the Topic is about that In case you have missed it .  

Edited by GSalden
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, tolip2 said:

There are many real world pilots in here, including me, flying a variety of a/c. Although I don't think you need thousands of real world flying just to realize that a lot of areas in P3D need improvements.

As a real world pilot you certainly will understand that a vanilla 10 Gb sim is not exactly the same as what exists in a real ac..

It is a sim.. not the real thing. 

34 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

Not very much. The basic FDE is still the same and some of the serious flaws can't be eliminated with this ancient FDE. It's that simple. 

I don't know why you believe that Level-D simulator are so super realistic. Ever heard about 737 Max Level-D simulators and their 'realism'?  Level-D simulators are very expensive procedure trainers, and the can be noticeable wrong at various parts of the envelope.

Totally agree with you that parts can be improved.

My point was that if P3D + Prosim is good enough for professional certified Level D flightsimulators than it must be very good.

That at some parts there are flaws is normal : it remains a sim.

Regarding the 737 Max ... too much on making money and not enough on safety..

I'd like to see how everyone feels 6 months after the release of P3D v5. Even PMDG said that they are making their upgrade to v5 free of charge.

• Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I look at V5 like it’s V4 with an improved weather and water environment . Something we have been asking and waiting for for a long time.

And the 50-100% performance increase is very welcome too of coarse.

All other improvements and fixes are a bonus to me. And that they have been able to maintain backwards compatibility is a big 👍 for me too.

Surely I will try MSFS when it is released as it will be compatible with Prosim, but I now want to step up my P3D setup..

Well done  LM 🖖

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'd like to see how everyone feels 6 months after the release of P3D v5. Even PMDG said that they are making their upgrade to v5 free of charge.

What history says: many (most?) people on Avsim were negative before the v3 and v4 releases. Lots of people complained and said they weren’t paying for an upgrade as it wasn’t worth it/compatibility/etc. Then it came out, almost everyone paid for the upgrade, 3rd party devs updated their products, 95%+ of people flew the new version and had a lot of fun doing it.

I predict that v5 will be a substantial move forward (as v3 and v4 were) and we’ll get a lot of quality hours flying our existing planes over our scenery libraries using a better sim platform. And v5 will then be progressively updated over the next 2-3 years bringing further new features and improvements.

Most of us will also be happily using other sim platforms - XP11, MSFS, DCS, AF2 and/or P3D 4.5 - when they are better for specific task in question.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Just now, OzWhitey said:

What history says: many (most?) people on Avsim were negative before the v3 and v4 releases. Lots of people complained and said they weren’t paying for an upgrade as it wasn’t worth it/compatibility/etc. Then it came out, almost everyone paid for the upgrade, 3rd party devs updated their products, 95%+ of people flew the new version and had a lot of fun doing it.

I predict that v5 will be a substantial move forward (as v3 and v4 were) and we’ll get a lot of quality hours flying our existing planes over our scenery libraries using a better sim platform. And v5 will then be progressively updated over the next 2-3 years bringing further new features and improvements.

Most of us will also be happily using other sim platforms - XP11, MSFS, DCS, AF2 and/or P3D 4.5 - when they are better for specific task in question.

What scares most is the wait for the devs to update their add-ons. There's always the fear that they will disappear without an update release. Some devs will probably call it a day, but most will improve and update their add-ons and charge little to nothing for doing it. That's a community that is strong!

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.