Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

FsElite Youtube Stream P3D V5 Night Lighting

Yeah have to think at some point that its not the simulators but the community. I have certain expectations of P3D V5 and I believe they will be meet and frankly exceeded. I also have certain expectation of MSFS when it released and I believe they will also be meet and probably exceeded. I don't know what simmers expected from V5 but my main want was seriously improved performance and for the at least $1000 of addons that I have in P3D V4.5 to work in V5. Everything beyond that is bonus. What I expect from MSFS is simulated world with fidelity that exceeds all other sims without any addons required at all except aircraft of my choice. And great performance. I am skeptical if my performance expectations will be meet! This whole release smell like the release of MSFlight and P3D hasn't even been release yet. This always happens with FS releases to one degree or another whether point or version releases. To be honest I'll beat that when MSFS is finally released there will be the mother of all meltdowns in the FS community. And frankly, I'll be sitting here with a bucket of popcorn LMAO.

2 hours ago, simbol said:

They just included God Rays with the new atmospherics..

Can't wait to see screenshots with those.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, n4gix said:

IMHO MSFS will be a gamer's sim; P3Dv5 will be a simmer's sim... <ducking flying bricks!> 😇

Will never understand this, not sure what P3D does that other sims can't replicate? Does being severely outdated making it more of a simmer's sim?

• Like 4

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just now, Sethos said:

Will never understand this, not sure what P3D does that other sims can't replicate? Does being severely outdated making it more of a simmer's sim?

Only serious simmers fly at 15 FPS.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, sanh said:

Just my opinion but that looks to be the nail in the coffin for p3d as the no. 1 sim. If you have tons of expensive addons its probably worthwhile upgrading to v5 but for the rest like me with a small number of addons (or newbies) it's a daunting prospect since you need to transform most of the sim to make it worthwhile.

For the rest of us MSFS will provide a higher level straight out of the box and caters to the average simmers needs. Sure we will want addons in future but the default sim is at a higher level than p3d even with thousands of bucks of addons.

It's also likely MSFS will continue progressing much faster since MS wont be adding military or training features that most simmers dont care about.

I left p3d at v3 for xplane which provides a lot more out of the box but still well below MSFS.

It's up to xplane now to compete in my view. I don't blame p3d. They are just catering to a different audience. I expect the addons to start drying up in the next couple of years for v5 after the v4 conversions are done.

Don't forget that the most expensive thing you will need to run P3D v4 is not the added 3rd party add-ons.

I created a thread called "Let's reminisce." Maybe not very popular since most simmers want to look forward.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

12 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Only serious simmers fly at 15 FPS.

Nah...serious simmers don't fly VFR.  Out-of-the-box, flying VFR in P3D is impossible; it's cool though, add a few hundred/thousands of dollars of add-ons and you're good-to-go.  Also, I love how some people are still propagating the myth that MSFS will be strictly tied to streaming and/or satellite data services.  This notion was dispelled months ago...

Edited by kingm56
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Matt King

12 minutes ago, Sethos said:

You haven't been paying attention. It's the add-ons Chico!

3 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Who's to say, that MSFS won't offer the same? Do you know if Asobo is already (or is not) working with 3PDs?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

To be honest I'll beat that when MSFS is finally released there will be the mother of all meltdowns in the FS community. And frankly, I'll be sitting here with a bucket of popcorn LMAO.

You better get more than one bucket of Popcorn for that show! LOL! If MS does not loose interest in this project again like they have for what three times now then I expect that it will become pretty nice if the add on folks decide to support it. After many .....too many years of simming the one thing that has been constant is that no one and I mean no one has built a flight sim that everyone was happy with unless they spent a lot of money for upgrades and weather, ATC, airplanes, shaders and the list goes on. The same thing is going to happen with the new MSFS. Two years from now all the converts to MSFS will be looking forward to the next great thing that is going to give them a lifetime of pleasure for $29.00. I may be one of the converts but I will have a bunch of add ons. 

• Like 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

6 minutes ago, SimonC said:

Who's to say, that MSFS won't offer the same? Do you know if Asobo is already (or is not) working with 3PDs?

Last time I checked MSFS 2020 has not been released. To answer your question, based on what the dev team has said, there will be an SDK. Even that has not yet been realized. When that's available and the sim is released, how many years is it going to take to get all the aircraft's that are currently available for P3D v4?

Having said all that, it was an answer to the question "what P3D does that other sims can't replicate?"

Don't sound so defensive! 😀

Speaking of add-ons FlyTampa's EKCH v2 has just been released!

Edited by DJJose
I had the wrong ICAO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DJJose said:

To answer your question, based on what the dev team has said, there will be an SDK. Even that has not yet been realized.

From the MSFS Website, April 9th:

SDK UPDATE

We are excited to have over 150 third party companies using our SDK and working on many amazing updates for the new simulator. 

Kind regards, Michael

Edited by pmb
  • Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Just now, pmb said:

From the MSFSWebsite, April 9th:

SDK UPDATE

We are excited to have over 150 third party companies using our SDK and working on many amazing updates for the new simulator. 

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks for the update!

24 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Not exactly sure how that makes a platform a 'gamer's sim', because it hadn't had time to get addons yet? Would be a strange way of looking at it. Besides, isn't a majority of the P3D addon library basically just makeup to pretty up the old goat; hundreds of dollars worth of texture, LC, region, mesh, autogen, clouds, trees, FFTF modifies, tweak apps, shader modifiers, add lights to traffic, traffic addons themselves, night lighting on a per region basis, everything completely redundant when the sim already has that and it's already better. So I'm sure that has to be some core reason why P3D is a simmer's sim outside of just that?

But if thousands of dollars worth of essentially crutches is what makes it a real simmer's sim, I don't think I want a simmer's sim by that definition 😛

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Just now, DJJose said:

Thanks for the update!

I hope it's the truth 😄

Best regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11