Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

FsElite Youtube Stream P3D V5 Night Lighting

6 minutes ago, otreblA said:

This is Prepar3D 4.X in Manchester with OrbX Lights:

2018-12-8-0-40-11-302.jpg

Let's just hope that on Tuesday ORBX has FTXG & Open LC ready for download when P3D v5 is released.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Ok then let's be fair:

Open XP disable all features reduce all the quality settings, disable all your addons and see how it looks.

ALPHA testers of MSFS can do the same and simulate a slow internet connection (turn off your router), see how it looks.

So what is my point?  If you want a product to look very bad, it is very easy to do.. Unless this is a new way to do PR it beats me..

Everyone take a chill pill, if you own 4.5 you already have ORBX lights or an alternative solution, meaning you have nothing to worry about on V5.

And for AI aircraft lighting I have a solution too and as I said before you will get the upgrade for free.

So it shows P3D can do everything required.

V5.0 is just the beginning, more to come in point releases.. Steady and reliable updates that is the way of Lockheed Martin. Focus on what they are promoting guys, DX12 new water simulation, new atmospheric simulation, etc. That is what V5 is bringing, and LM will continue to push the boundaries of the simulator for many years to come.

Have a good easter everyone.

Simbol 

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Let's just hope that on Tuesday ORBX has FTXG & Open LC ready for download when P3D v5 is released.

So...I’m hoping that a product that’s now a decade old (FTXG) will be available to improve the appearance of this ‘NEW’ simulator?  If the sim is going to look the exact same, what’s the point of upgrading again?  Oh, that’s right, I need to upgrade to continue to put money in content creators’ pockets.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Matt King

16 minutes ago, simbol said:

Ok then let's be fair:

Open XP disable all features reduce all the quality settings, disable all your addons and see how it looks.

ALPHA testers of MSFS can do the same and simulate a slow internet connection (turn off your router), see how it looks.

So what is my point?  If you want a product to look very bad, it is very easy to do.. Unless this is a new way to do PR it beats me..

Everyone take a chill pill, if you own 4.5 you already have ORBX lights or an alternative solution, meaning you have nothing to worry about on V5.

And for AI aircraft lighting I have a solution too and as I said before you will get the upgrade for free.

V5.0 is just the beginning, more to come in point releases.. Steady and reliable updates that is the way of Lockheed Martin. Focus on what they are promoting guys, DX12 new water simulation, new atmospheric simulation, etc. That is what V5 is bringing, and LM will continue to push the boundaries of the simulator for many years to come.

Simbol 

What about my post earlier? Is that still "present" or solved? Why does LM ignore this? Or is it "works as designed"? If it is, than  it is poor designed and not state of the art. 

Even out of the box not up to date.

Sorry that I have to repeat myself Simbol

Non of the third party devs seem to have solutions for this one. Most or maybe All of them struggle with:

• POPPING Lights in and out in a manner that while flying it is obvious immersion killing. I do not know one developper which managed that one. Why is that? 
  • More Color variants overall (Streets, Paths, Cities). 
  • Reflecting/Illuminating environment like streets, buildings, sky and clouds
  • Reflecting on Objects like planes while flying low over illuminated scenery
  • Using dynamic lights hit performance to much for the most users (even if they have decent CPU/GPU
  • When using VR lights are shimmering, with and without HDR
  • When using VR mismatched dynamic lights while on single pass rendering on airports and other objects
  • probably other issues.......?

I am using a i7 8700k on 5.1 GhZ HT off. 3600MhZ RAM 32 GB, 11GB RTX 2080ti....and even there it hammers my system when using dynamic lights and having overcast conditions.

Of course that is a performance thing. 

But I think too........there are a lot of reasons why this is as it is. BUT: Isn´t it time to think over and leave old "things" behind. 

And: I don´t care about this "backwards" thing. I would like to see more eye candy for the price they are asking for. And I  have far more then 2 TB of addons! (without PR Scenery) Over 200 Airports (bought in 1 1/2 year) and so far and so on. So if I cannot use them it hurts. But if the main sim fits, I am willing to take the step and build it up over the next years and enjoy it.

I will buy P3D V5! That doesn´t keep me to be quiet about that horrible night lighting in P3D V5 2020 with issues and immersion killing unwanted effects.

Marcus

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

Ok then let's be fair:

Simbol 

How do you know the reduced “all the settings”?  They used the settings supplied “out-the-box”:

from FSE:

Those that are saying we chose the 'worst' airport or are being 'bias', consider that this is a vanilla install with no addons at all. That's as far from being bias as you could get. Also notice how there's no commentary to influence any kind of perception

• Like 3

Matt King

To see what a product is capable of "out of the box" I need to crank up all the settings and sliders. Than a will see at P3D that even than it is very "poor" quality. Let us not forget that we pay a lot of money for this sim, During a lag of competition, this was no issue. But who says it will stay like that? I personally think LM should raise the bar on this. There will be lot leftovers for 3.Party devs to take care......

AGAIN: I don´t care about the quality of the video. I care about the quality of the sim in year 2020 after more than 10 years of development.

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Marcus, that is your opinion and you are free to express it as I did mine.

Really want to avoid getting into heated debates as it is not healthy for anybody specially with current world events.

If anyone here wishes to smash P3D over a very poor made video then so be it.

I really can't wait for MS to be released so people can really do proper comparisons in their PCs and stop using public made videos as a means to do so. It will put an end to lots of debates, trust me.

I am going to enjoy time with my family.

Once again happy Easter guys.

S.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, DJJose said:

So sieht der Streifen auf meinem P3d V5 aus:

T6NXEkN.jpg

Q64B9Fs.jpg

Jose

My V4.5 looks exactly the same, and with one of the best night light addons currently available for P3D.
Unfortunately, this developer is unable to provide support for 5V, which is a shame.
For more information, check out the Support Forum.

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne

Besides the terrible lighting and textures in that video, I really can't believe the poor movement dynamics of the a/c.

Have you ever seen a fighter jet take off with full afterburner? That's some pretty violent action with a lot of bumping/rambling/vibration going on. Now look at the video. It's like a static picture of the a/c where only the background moves. Now you could say "it just looks that way in the video" or "maybe all sliders weren't fully to the right". I really don't think that's the answer. If I was on the beta team I would report this as a huge issue that must be fixed.

I guess this is just another case of "that's a job for the 3rd party developers like opus/ezdok, P3D is just the base engine". This is exactly my point in my previous post. We should not have to pay hundreds of $$$ just to get the basic functionality.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, simbol said:

Marcus, that is your opinion and you are free to express it as I did mine.

Really want to avoid getting into heated debates as it is not healthy for anybody specially with current world events.

If anyone here wishes to smash P3D over a very poor made video then so be it.

I really can't wait for MS to be released so people can really do proper comparisons in their PCs and stop using public made videos as a means to do so. It will put an end to lots of debates, trust me.

I am going to enjoy time with my family.

Once again happy Easter guys.

S.

Hey Simbol!

Not heated at all, at least I am not 😉

I like P3D and looking forward to the new true sky and nvidia waveworks 2.0 with DX12 and hoping for nice performance improvements.

I would like to see P3D is updating some things like night lighting and hopefully streaming terrain/scenery data. Just some whishes, not more and not less.

I also wish you happy easter and quality and healthy nice family time. 

Regards Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

4 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I would like to see P3D is updating some things like night lighting and hopefully streaming terrain/scenery data. Just some whishes, not more and not less.

I will pass your feedback to LM engineers, but I would like also to advise to post these features request on their forums in a very constructive way. They do listen to people feedback.

Thanks for your kind wishes, same to you.

S.

Edited by simbol

56 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

So...I’m hoping that a product that’s now a decade old (FTXG) will be available to improve the appearance of this ‘NEW’ simulator?  If the sim is going to look the exact same, what’s the point of upgrading again?  Oh, that’s right, I need to upgrade to continue to put money in content creators’ pockets.

You don't have to upgrade to the latest version of P3D, just like you don't have to upgrade to the latest version of MS Word. I'm still using the win XP version.

BUT, if you want the improved performance that comes with an upgrade of the sim to utilize DX12, upgraded weather to truSKY, and upgraded water, then you need to pay for the new version. Not a new sim, just a new version.

We are all still at the mercy of third party devs. Some like Raul have a great attitude. Others not so good. I still have a fully loaded v4.5 or XP11 to enjoy + I'm still hopeful that MSFS 2020 will still be released.

So I ain't too concerned and you shouldn't be as well.

38 minutes ago, _Airbus_Fan_ said:

Unfortunately, this developer is unable to provide support for 5V, which is a shame.

What developer? ORBX has always supported P3D and I'm confident that it will continue with V5. It's already stated in their forum.

The lighting on my pics is from ORBX and not from another 3rd party dev.

51 minutes ago, _Airbus_Fan_ said:

My V4.5 looks exactly the same, and with one of the best night light addons currently available for P3D.

Highly unlikely. That's a custom PTA preset as well as modified lighting for FlyTampa's KLAS. There's a reason why I posted those pics. It takes add-ons & tweaks to make P3D look amazing!

These are pictures without Orbx Night Light ... and that's what my whole world looks like.
I don't want to miss this night flight anymore...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R53bF27aZG5xQ369-uh7QhlEEDE_8Xt5/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14legNRdB3FbS6M4dsVTQHwvrSS-3r7Ck

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y9eeysjRzb9egtciHUrfQnJ0x4nwyAmJ

• Like 4

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne