Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

FsElite Youtube Stream P3D V5 Night Lighting

The more I'm seeing of the Base P3D V5 the more I'm shocked, I'll wait with baited breath how much V5 costs, if it costs too much i'll pass, and concentrate on P3D V4.5 and Xplane 11.50 until MSFS comes along.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

34 minutes ago, DJJose said:

This is what is what the strip will look like on my P3d V5:

T6NXEkN.jpg

Q64B9Fs.jpg

Jose

Youre on the BETA for v5 ? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Ouch!
I'd forgotten how bad the default P3D textures were.

Surely FSElite knew that they looked terrible in comparison to both MSFS and XP.
Does anyone else think that they were just word not allowed posting?

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I've only been flight simming since 1998, I don't claim to know everything,  but I can make assumptions just as everyone else can. Perhaps Lockheed is not in the software business but bought the license to support their needs. They build aircraft, and word not allowed good ones through history. We all understand what is happening in aviation right now, and I do understand ROI. to stay competitive in today's market you have to do things different from the others, and with Lockheed,  their competitors are not Microsoft, Laminar Research, or EA games.  Perhaps the return on investment to build what you all were expecting just isn't there. 

Not gonna quote robs post but I agree 100%. P3D has never been what’s out of the box

I’m sure you could make a video that looks like exactly the same or 98% similar to this using the base of v4 or even v3. Not sure why this video was created but it’s not achieving the goals one might have hoped

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

6 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Yes, out of the box P3D is not a pretty thing, I had assumed everyone was aware of that since V2?  P3D has been about enabling and opening doors, LM's resources focus on the core, and leave the content up to others.

Thanks Rob. I have to admit that I was shocked when I saw that mess of a video. I had forgot how bad the base of FSX/P3d were out of the box and could not even guess when I last looked at a plain jane install of either Sim other than a quick start of the original install. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

12 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

My first impression from the FSElite video is how much did Microsoft or Laminar pay them? 

First obvious observation is FSElite didn't enable "enhanced atmospherics" (so no TrueSKY environment).

I really don't understand the purpose of the FSElite video, LM have never been about "out of the box" and have always provided for 3rd party to extend the experience.  

Yes, out of the box P3D is not a pretty thing, I had assumed everyone was aware of that since V2?  P3D has been about enabling and opening doors, LM's resources focus on the core, and leave the content up to others.

Thanks for clearing the things up Rob. To me FSX and P3D has always been about PMDG and scenery addons... And it will always be. If I wanna fly VFR ( in nights (which is odd) ) I will buy Orbx or another product to create a better looking terrain ... And if I fly the 747, then I don't give a D about how the cities look from 38000ft.

Edited by Samany69

13 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

LM's resources focus on the core

Ok. The core lighting system sucks.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Ok. The core lighting system sucks.

The lighting is not part of the core. Performance and compatibility is the core. Don't take me wrong, I would love to see night lighting in a realistic matter out of the box but I am hoping to see it on the way with the new rendering engine and the enhanced DL system.

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

We want backwards compatibility, don't we? So why would we want a full engine/terrain/texture rewrite?

Do we really? I think this is exactly the kind of attitude that has put the entire FS9/FSX/P3D branch many years behind when it comes to performance and modern technology. The computer hardware industry gave up on single-core performance like 10 years ago. Yet here we are, still tweaking and tweaking and moving 10 years back in time by disabling hyperthreading because the entire sim pretty much runs on a single core, still. Why is that? Because of backwards compatibility and because we didn't have a rewrite.

Somehow the P3D gurus seem to think that this is a good thing and noone is allowed to question them. It's like people WANT the default P3D to look bad and they say it like it's a good thing. When MSFS was announced a huge criticism from the old time simmers was "But if it looks good from the beginning, what are the 3rd party developers gonna do?". We see the same thing right now with the V5 but in the opposite way. People see things like "No real-time weather" in the release note and cheer like never before because it means they will continue buying the same 3rd party software they have always used.

We see a lot of questions like Will my payware addon to fix broken landclass, broken AI lights, broken night lighting, broken runway textures, broken AI traffic, broken ATC, broken tree textures, broken weather engine, broken ground traffic, broken autogen buildings continue to work? Maybe that's not the exact words but that exactly what it means.

I'd rather have talented 3rd party developers create something really awesome instead of selling us payware addons to fix bugs or implement basic functionality. As long as the users demand a software that works exactly as they have been used to for 20 years, we will not move forward. I think that's where a lot of the MSFS criticism comes in because they decided to actually redesign many areas from scratch. Yes, this has implications and it will break some backward compatibility. But instead of "Cool, they actually fixed <whatever>", we see "LOL, the <addon that fixes something broken> will not even work!". When someone brings this up we immediately get the "he is on the beta testing team so don't even dare to question anything he says" kind of attitude. I think this is pretty sad and I think this difference in attitude is what is going to really divide the flightsim community from now on.

But then again, according to the same people who humiliate us who thinks that some rewrites are necessary, the entire MSFS thing is just a hoax that will never be released. Case closed.

Edited by tolip2
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Tell me, what is the core lighting system?

Cheers, Rob.

...bad?

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

...bad?

LoL, he is asking if you can define a part of your statement: Core lighting System! What is a Core lighting System??

As a fan of all the sims, yes Xplane 11.5 p3d4.5/soon v5 and alpha MSFS, I think it’s safe to say eye candy is more then catered for in the next gen sims, weather it be out of the box or by 3rd party additions it now is truly about flight dynamics and various external factors, and since it’s a flight simulator I guess that’s what it will come down to in the end.

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10