Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Prepar3D v5 Released

Btw. Without Enhanced atmospheric ... it looks like v4  (video found in the net):

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, CaptainNick said:

Addons: Got the A2A Cub, V35, 172, 182 to work.

Great to know, thanks.

The A2A P-40 is still free.  Get it even if you don't think you'll like it.  It's like a very fast complex Cub.  I don't know why I like it but I do.

I'm waiting for Active Sky myself.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

20 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Get it even if you don't think you'll like it

Strange approach...

Most probably I am one of the few here who did not download P40, even I have and like A2A planes :-)

Edited by Beardyman

Artur 

Quite disappointed from the new weather settings to be honest. I think enhanced atmospherics (TrueSky) is not an option at the moment because I noticed that if you change the weather to for example rain, it tells you that there is only one layer allowed. Which will never give you an accurate representation of the real weather...

So I guess we will only see a Active Sky version that is compatible with the legacy weather option...

Edited by BestPlane

Manuel Miller

10 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Strange approach...

Most probably I am one of the few here who did not download P40, even I have and like A2A planes 🙂

I got it because it was free and because it was A2A.  I didn't have any interest in their warbirds and didn't expect to care much for it, but I wanted to try it and see.

I did a test flight and promptly fell in love.  I had watched a few videos before flying it so I had some idea what to do.  Using the flaps and gear was awkward at first but you get used to that.  Once cleaned up and at your cruising altitude it flies like a dream, very easy to fly.  Set the "auto hydraulic pump" to make the flaps and gear work as you're used to, then go to manual mode after you're more used to the plane.

If you like the Cub, this is very much like it minus the simplicity. 😄  No autopilot, no GPS.  And 200 knots.  I think a lot of the reason I like it is because it IS so much like flying the Cub.

I suspect I'll eventually be getting more of their warbirds because of this plane, so giving the P-40 away turns out to be a smart move for A2A.  

So good to hear that A2A aircraft work in v5.  You just have to remove the windshield rain effects until we get an update.  I can even alias the existing v4.5 versions so it won't involve a re-install.  This is one very good reason not to uninstall v4.  Question:  do your hours and maintenance carry over to v5 if you do this, or does everything start fresh?

I'm going to have to wait a bit to purchase as the 22 gig download will exceed my late night unmetered bandwidth window.  The 13 gig download was fine when I upgraded to v4.5 though.  It's rough having satellite Internet. 🙂 

Still waiting for Active Sky as well.

Hook

Larry Hookins

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Btw. Without Enhanced atmospheric ... it looks like v4  (video found in the net):

He's got his autogen density set really low.  The previous side-by-side video looks more like what I have in my settings.

Hook

Larry Hookins

1 hour ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

Is anyone compiling a reference list anywhere of where we are with addons and compatibility?

Check fselite.net which seems to be the clearinghouse for all things P3Dv5.

https://fselite.net/originals/live-article-developer-statements-on-prepar3d-v5-product-compatibility/

https://fselite.net/prepar3d-v5-compatibility/

Hook

Edited by LHookins
  • Like 1

Larry Hookins

What are the dusk and dawn sky effects like in P3Dv5 with TrueSky enabled? I have always used a REX addon for these effects in earlier versions of P3D, because the default dawn/dusk sky colours were always a weird kind of purple that did not look very good.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, BestPlane said:

I noticed that if you change the weather to for example rain, it tells you that there is only one layer allowed. Which will never give you an accurate representation of the real weather...

TrueSky is supposed to be the biggest improvement of v5 and now you're telling me this feature is pretty much useless right now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

I can even alias the existing v4.5 versions so it won't involve a re-install.  This is one very good reason not to uninstall v4.  

Hook

Hi Hook, good  information. Thank you...question, I'm not sure how to alias existing versions. Would you mind providing more details?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

1 minute ago, flyblueskies said:

Hi Hook, good  information. Thank you...question, I'm not sure how to alias existing versions. Would you mind providing more details?

Found this on the fselite.net site:

A2A Simulations

A2A stated that their current P3D v4 aircraft should be compatible with v5 (just copy the files over from v4 to v5) with the exception of a few features including windshield rain effect which will need updating to DX12. A2A Simulations does not have P3D v5 release candidate access at the moment and therefore will not be able to provide support from the initial release of P3D v5. They will work hard to revise code on a product by product basis to support v5. All updates from P3D v4 to P3D v5 will be free of charge.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

3 minutes ago, flyblueskies said:

There's a post on the A2A site detailing how to do this, including the info about disabling the windshield rain effects.

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=70166

Other information may be available in the pinned post in this forum.

Hook

Larry Hookins

3 minutes ago, LHookins said:

There's a post on the A2A site detailing how to do this, including the info about disabling the windshield rain effects.

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=70166

Other information may be available in the pinned post in this forum.

Hook

Excellent! Thank you!

• Like 1