Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sethos

Prepar3D v5 Released

15 minutes ago, skysurfer said:

Good day all. 

May be out of the topic. If I install v5., will I lose 4.5 or it will be two separate simulators on my PC?  

Thanks 

For the first time, they have different ident flags, that W10 will see as separate. You are good to go!   Do NOT delete v4.5, unless you need the room. Fly that, as WELL as enjoying the new v5...so you get up to speed with all the changes...and as 3rP bring v5 installers on, you have the best of both worlds...why delete a fat copy of v4.5 when you no longer need to because of installation W10 conflict. That is past now....

Downloaded, in the can, ready to install.

Isn't this when I start asking when V6.0 will be available?

Keep the blue side up and the greasy side down. Enjoy!

Roger

6 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

For the first time, they have different ident flags, that W10 will see as separate. You are good to go!   Do NOT delete v4.5, unless you need the room. Fly that, as WELL as enjoying the new v5...so you get up to speed with all the changes...and as 3rP bring v5 installers on, you have the best of both worlds...why delete a fat copy of v4.5 when you no longer need to because of installation W10 conflict. That is past now....

Thank you. I was concerned how will v5 be installed. Will the installer pick a location/folder by default, or I will be able to specify my own location. I guess it won't be that complicated. 

And yes, I see no reason to remove v4.5.  

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

5 minutes ago, rhalunen said:

Isn't this when I start asking when V6.0 will be available?

Oh no no, let's stick with v5 for now. I have no burning desire to spend another $200

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

28 minutes ago, marco1989 said:

Another one in Innsbruck... (Link to full resolution picture)

LOWI.png

That looks great, Marco. Next gen.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

deleted

Bert, could do with your Settings Guide lie you did previously.

Что за ореол вокруг самолета, неясно

1wukgk.jpg

And how the artist chose the shades of lighting is also unclear

1oaj6q.jpg

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

58 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Bert, could do with your Settings Guide lie you did previously.

Rick, I do not yet have V5 installed.. but I would start with the exact same settings that you have been using in V4 and go from there.. :cool:

Bert

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

bottle of 14-year-old Balvenie single-malt.

Now, that I call taste in malts!😅

1 minute ago, BMW969 said:

What kind of halo around the plane is unclear

1wukgk.jpg

Have the same, also around trees, when clouds are touching them. Looks horrible. 😵

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

Rick, I do not yet have V5 installed.. but I would start with the exact same settings that I have been using in V4 and go from there.. :cool:

Is it still pinned? I lost the Notepad I had made a copy of your Settings.

3 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

What kind of halo around the plane is unclear

1wukgk.jpg

I saw that in the videos! It's much worse in your screen shot!. I am concerned about that!

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

Lads, you're just like the word not allowed toilet paper hoarders. You are wrecking the servers by taking more bandwidth than you need!!!

Please calm down. There is NO NEED to download this right now. Go outside, breathe some fresh air. Prepar3D will still be there when you get back.

This is important, as I REALLY want to be the first to get v5 in the air - like, right now - and y'all are ruining my download.

@Sethos, I think the servers are robust, there's just no server that is made to cope with this many 'F5' keypresses. 😉

No, no, stay at home !!! 😄

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Auto exposure works !! It's nice.

But kilometer-high antennas remained the same.

1arkh5.jpg

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

34 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

By some of the comments typed here yesterday, you' think some believed that all L.M. would need, would be a 1988 300baud modem....LOL!    It's my take, that some that who 'said' they would not buy into v5 'publicly'....are ABSOLUTELY banging the F5 key, and cursing out everybody else that slipped in ahead of them.  That's my personal take...   Those two Poll Lines that show activity as Will wait...or Never buy....yeah...yep..sure...yep....yeah...Ok....whatever...yep...yeah...! :  I'm standing in line with them at this very moment....LOLOLOLOLOL!   Yep...yeah...sure....

There's a clear lack of understanding how digital content is delivered to the end user; today, computer resources can be dynamically allocated.   In short, LM probably chose not to allocate additional bandwidth/edge computing to their cloud service platforms; from a finical perspective, it makes sense not to allocate additional resources to deal with a temporary demand, especially when said resources are need for other applications. Thus, even a moderate increase in demand will be noticeable to the end-user.  Obviously, there's going to be a larger demand during the first few hours of release; especially when large swaths of the world are sitting at home simultaneously, which is very atypical.  You'll know if the release is widely popular if you experience the same difficulties in 72+ hrs, then your smugness may be justified... 

Matt King

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.