Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

Prepar3D v5 Released

1 hour ago, SimonC said:

Why is it almost twice the size as the v4?

I assume it's because it includes all-new world-wide data, which probably includes vectors (roads and coastlines etc), mesh (mountains) and land/water terrain classifications. If the size is double, it's a good sign that they upped the resolution of this data.

Also note that OrbX does NOT intend to convert Vector, because, as they state, P3Dv5 data is often newer! Halleluja!! So happy about that 🙂 

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

4 minutes ago, w6kd said:

in the company of a nice bottle of 14-year-old Balvenie single-malt

Good choice of beverage, sir!
Prefer Islay to Speyside myself, but I won't hold that against you 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

With all the people who remarked that they were not going to move to this version...Amazing that the system is clogged with people that were not going to buy it who did:)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sethos said:

If you can't access the store, here's the direct EULA link that adds the academic version to your cart. At this point, it seems to be on another server that is working properly; https://secure.prepar3d.com/solo/products/LicenseAgreement.aspx?ProdOptionID=1106

Thanks a lot for this link. Without you and trhis link i guess I would still trying to open the prepar3d.com website until tomorrow...

Purchase worked fine without any issues.

Download with 40-65MBit was fast.

I had a new setup from scratch of my PC last night for the new V5 Version  I'm very curios now 🙂

Ralf

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Are You sure? 😉

bUaiAeKm.jpg

Ditch her. Looks exactly like my ex.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

Hooray I'm now downloading it's only took 2 hours to get in to the download link page.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

3 minutes ago, markmasterson said:

With all the people who remarked that they were not going to move to this version...Amazing that the system is clogged with people that were not going to buy it who did:)

A preview of what we're gonna see with all the anti-vaxxers queued-up in the long line to the immunization clinic when they finally release a COVID-19 vaccine!

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

2 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Good choice of beverage, sir!
Prefer Islay to Speyside myself, but I won't hold that against you 😄

Then check this out: https://www.islay.blog/article.php/scotch-golden-dram-islay

Myself, I'm open to any number of options. Hope to download the new sim tomorrow, assuming that reviews are largely positive.

• Like 2

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

1 minute ago, w6kd said:

A preview of what we're gonna see with all the anti-vaxxers queued-up in the long line to the immunization clinic when they finally find a COVID-19 vaccine!

Exactly

Popcorns in the microwave, beer in hand.

Never did get everything reinstalled with V4.5.  Can't see myself doing this all again.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

11 minutes ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

Heiligs blächle, that resolution on 4K 🤩 Can’t wait to try myself....

🙂 Ja nicht schlecht. 

Sadly orbx is downloading everything again for V5. I tried the lorbi-si method by adding the v4 folder to the discovery path of v5.

Restarting now 

--- Update

Looks good loading time for egll ist drasticaly longer now, i hope i see TE GB South in some minutes

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Just saw someone got a "server connections maxed out at 1200" LOL I guess not many folks are interested in this release. LOL!!!

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

1.jpg

So, I am downloading it now (X-plane user here).

Question:-

Do I really have to spend another £120 at Orbx to get it looking good on the ground? (this isn't  a complaint, I am asking a serious question, and the money isn't a problem) 

Yes; also, you will need a wx engine, airport textures, mesh enhancement, environment textures, physics enhancer, shader program and control enhancer 

Recommendations when they become V5 compadiable:

Wx Engine: Active Sky (wait for their release)

Airport Textures (Anything from FlyTampa, MkStudios, or FlightBeam); REX has a global HD airport pack

MESH: FSGlobal FTX Download (V6 just dropped); I believe there's some freeware options too

Environment Textures: TOGA Envtex; a really good, well supported, and cost effective add-on

Shader Program: REX Environment Force, PTA, TOGA Envshade or tomatoshade; if it's compatible, I'd go with EF as it offers dynamic shades 

Enhanced Physics: A2A Accu Feel V2

Control Enhancer: Pete Dowson's FSUIPC V6; you shouldn't fly P3D without it (in this group, it's a must have)

If you fly VFR, you'll also need FTX vector, Flight 1 UTX or Photo Real Scenery (e.g. MegaSceneryEarth)

Total cost (without airports) is around $300 USD; add 25-30 for each airport you desire...there's no way you'll find any immersion using the stock airports 

I'd also recommend FTX Global Building and Trees; the default buildings in P3D are just terrible...if you fly at alt, it's not mandatory though. 

If you're coming from XPlane, you'll probably be disappointed in the night lighting; so, you should upgrade that too...AVSIM policy prohibits me from making a recommendation as the program/developer is banned from AVSIM; at $130, it's expensive...some people swear by it though.  

Hope this helps!  

Edited by kingm56
  • Like 1

Matt King

12 minutes ago, kingm56 said:

Yes; also, you will need a wx engine, airport textures, mesh enhancement, environment textures, physics enhancer, shader program and control enhancer 

Recommendations when they become V5 compadiable:

Wx Engine: Active Sky (wait for their release)

Airport Textures (Anything from FlyTampa, MkStudios, or FlightBeam); REX has a global HD airport pack

MESH: FSGlobal FTX Download (V6 just dropped); I believe there's some freeware options too

Environment Textures: TOGA Envtex; a really good, well supported, and cost effective add-on

Shader Program: REX Environment Force, PTA, TOGA Envshade or tomatoshade; if it's compatible, I'd go with EF as it offers dynamic shades 

Enhanced Physics: A2A Accu Feel V2

Control Enhancer: Pete Dowson's FSUIPC V6; you shouldn't fly P3D without it (in this group, it's a must have)

If you fly VFR, you'll also need FTX vector, Flight 1 UTX or Photo Real Scenery (e.g. MegaSceneryEarth)

Total cost (without airports) is around $300 USD; add 25-30 for each airport you desire...there's no way you'll find any immersion using the stock airports 

I'd also recommend FTX Global Building and Trees; the default buildings in P3D are just terrible...if you fly at alt, it's not mandatory though. 

If you're coming from XPlane, you'll probably be disappointed in the night lighting; so, you should upgrade that too...AVSIM policy prohibits me from making a recommendation as the program/developer is banned from AVSIM; at $130, it's expensive...some people swear by it though.  

Hope this helps!  

Wow, helps a lot thanks. Is all of that needed in V5, as they didn’t improve on any of that? I last used prepar3d in V2..... 

32 minutes ago, w6kd said:

A preview of what we're gonna see with all the anti-vaxxers queued-up in the long line to the immunization clinic when they finally release a COVID-19 vaccine!

Oh they go directly to the back of the line!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU