Sign in to follow this  
captain420

fs2crew ultimate ground crew vs GSX

I currently have GSX but was interested in ultimate ground crew. Do these products both compete with each other or does UGC do different things, and do you think that it's worth it to get?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I have both and have had GSX since it came out.  Brian said that they are compatible and I agree.  You can use all the pre-pushback services from GSX and when cleared by Ground to pushback, turn off GSX and activate UGCx for pushback, wing walkers, etc.  It worked perfectly for the first time yesterday.  UGCx is configured for each aircraft as well as each airport unlike GSX but that is not a problem.  

Lot of money for that overlap IMHO.

I have GSX cause I was tired of waiting on UGCx and IM not buying the latter.

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

3 hours ago, tgycgijoes said:

I have both and have had GSX since it came out.  Brian said that they are compatible and I agree.  You can use all the pre-pushback services from GSX and when cleared by Ground to pushback, turn off GSX and activate UGCx for pushback, wing walkers, etc.  It worked perfectly for the first time yesterday.  UGCx is configured for each aircraft as well as each airport unlike GSX but that is not a problem.  

Hello, is UGCX marshaller signaling "right, left, slow down, etc" when aligning to the gate, does this work as GSX marshaller (which works AIRL)? thx

Sergio Naiberg

Yes it works the same.  The marshaller in GSX gives all the same correct commands as the airplane approaches the end of the parking. Also at this time if you have not bought either, FSDT has special pricing on the complete GSX package: Base and Level 2 which since I owned Base package I just bought Level 2 for only $19.95USD a big savings I have been waiting for a couple of years.  Something good comes out of COVID.  

They seem to be doing, roughly, the same thing, so I don't see the reason for FS2Crew's version. Seems wasted development time that could have been used, for example, to develop a version tailored to GA-traffic.

• Upvote 1

I use ultimate ground because I just want the pushback / tow to gate services. Not interested in the GSX extra facilities like boarding people etc ..... Very happy with UGX - does exactly what I want. Not expensive and works on all airports

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

The one thing all of you have not discussed but is very important is that UGCX is a voice based program.  You are communicating with the ground crew by voice just as you would in the real world.  The phraseology is correct based on real world operations (although I am not sure which part of the world or airline).  This is especially nice if using FS2Crew where all of the communications with the first officer are voice based.   It also accommodates start procedures for props (at the gate), and other functions like confirming you can power the hydraulics, etc.

I think UGCX is now on sale at 50% off so pretty cheap for $20 addon that is used on every single flight you make.

Edited by MarkW

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2 minutes ago, MarkW said:

The one thing all of you have not discussed but is very important is that UGCX is a voice based program.  You are communicating with the ground crew by voice just as you would in the real world.

Yes but if youtube is to be believed you must use exact phraseology.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Yes but if youtube is to be believed you must use exact phraseology.

Yes you must use exact phraseology, however, all FS2Crew products give you many options on some of things you have to say so there is some variety.  I have never found that a problem.  

Edited by MarkW

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Are the marshals more accurate than the ones in GSX? Meaning, when they cross their batons to stop you, does your nose wheel end up at the proper point? There was a GSX update a while ago that improved the look of the marshals, but at the same time it seems to have made them far less accurate. Previously, if I rolled into the park position and stopped as soon as the marshal made the X with the batons, I could set the parking brake and be at the correct position. I would then get the cut engines sign and the marshal would disappear after rating my parking job. Now, if I stop as soon as they make the X, I end up several feet short of the stop position and the marshal tells me I did a lousy job. If I keep creeping forward until they lower their arms, they give me the  panic stop signal followed by the cut engines signal. The old GSX marshals were great (although they didn't look as nice) for stopping me in the correct position. The new ones always leave me several feet short from where I need to park. Now that I know what is going on, I split the difference and roll a little past the point where they make the X, and shutdown there. I'm in the correct position but I "guessed" the stop position instead of getting it from the dude that is being paid to tell me where to stop. 🤨 

Long description, but I was wondering if the UGCX marshals were more accurate? I think I am going to buy it if this is the case. I don't want to guess my stop position any more.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

Just to add my 2 cents, If all you want is pushback like @willy647 said. GSX is a tad pricy. However, if you want the pushback/passengers boarding/GSX custom jeyways/de-icing - I'd say GSX is the way to go.

I don't like to talk to my PC, until the day it answers me back in a hot sexy female Scandinavia accent with a hint of Welsh - I'm OK with clicking buttons

• Like 2

Xaver Uzo

fs2crew_747_banner4.png

When I don't want to use GSX for whatever reason (usually due to airplanes having their own apron toys) UGCX gives me a good pushback option. You can create your pushback option on the fly, too with UGCX and I find it a little easier to control the path with the UGCX interface, but wouldn't say that's a decisive factor. I got UGCX in a fit of pique during the last GSX update, but they work fine together, too. A cool thing is you can get your airplane towed around the airport. There have been a couple of times when I've messed something up somewhere along the way, and at least the "tow of shame" is entertaining in its own way. I suppose you could use it to reposition for realistic operations. I'm glad I have it, although would not call it a bargain at the price.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim_Capps said:

would not call it a bargain at the price.

Probably why it is 50% off quite regularly.

On 4/29/2020 at 2:36 PM, MDFlier said:

There was a GSX update a while ago that improved the look of the marshals, but at the same time it seems to have made them far less accurate.

They haven't been made less accurate.

They have been made less picky, because lots of users complained it was too difficult to get a good evaluation so, now the detection area for what the Marshaller consider it to be a good parking is larger, so if you were accustomed to the (more difficult) previous settings, you might end up stopping too early. Perhaps, we might add a setting for this too, because it depends by many factors, the airplane ground modeling, if you have rudder pedals, if they have progressive braking, even your fps counts too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1