Sign in to follow this  
marco1989

Which Plane to get?

737NGXU or FS LABS A320  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which of those two Addons is more worth buying from your point of view (also consider the future usage in V5)

• 737NGX U
    • FS LABS A320

Very dificult question, but I will go Fslabs.

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

737 >>> Junkers 88 > airbus. Cant beat the NG for performance and looks. 

Get the Aerosoft A318-321 Professional, with the money you've saved you can also buy the PMDG bird.

Or, if you really want a bang for your buck: 1. Aerosoft Airbus Professional, 2. ifly 737 and QW 787 - these three planes together will still set you back less than what you would pay for the FSLabs Airbusses. 

• Like 2

There is no wrong answer, both are superior simulations. I’m more of a bus guy, but I have both and love them both equally. 

Cheers,

Pete

• Like 1

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

59 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Get the Aerosoft A318-321 Professional, with the money you've saved you can also buy the PMDG bird.

Or, if you really want a bang for your buck: 1. Aerosoft Airbus Professional, 2. ifly 737 and QW 787 - these three planes together will still set you back less than what you would pay for the FSLabs Airbusses. 

These are all mediocre products that’ll leave you bored and disappointed. Save your money for the really good stuff.

• Like 2

It's really up to you. They're both very good. The difference is really in the way they are flown/operated. Which of these operational methodologies you prefer will likely inform your choice in the best way, since both products are excellent simulations of the real thing.

The A320 is the more sophisticated aeroplane of the two in terms of avionics and control. It follows the typical Airbus ethos of expecting the pilots to provide the right information to the systems on board the aeroplane, so that the aeroplane can fly itself correctly and safely by means of its automated systems. There is some manual control involved, but it would be fair to say that much of the time, an A320 is 'operated' rather than 'flown'.

Being based on an airframe which is well over fifty years old and which was designed when even the concept of not having three crew members flying the aeroplane was revolutionary, the Boeing is a much older and simpler aeroplane in terms of avionics and control. As such, it follows the typical Boeing ethos whereby the aeroplane's avionics provide information to the pilots, so that they can use that information to decide how best to fly the aeroplane correctly and safely, either on autopilot or manually. So whilst much of the time the flight is conducted automatically, it would be fair to say that the 737 is more of a hands-on 'pilot's aeroplane' than the A320 is.

Learning and understanding all of the stuff on the A320 is a rewarding challenge, but having said all that, if you are new to flying simulated airliners, the 737 is perhaps the ideal 'learner airliner' by virtue of it having less complex automation. So of these two different, but equally rewarding experiences, pick which one you think you'd enjoy the most.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Both are great but personally I would rank the FSLabs Airbus just ahead of the ngxu.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The fslabs. More modern. Icing effects not just visually but also for performance. So deice actually does something.  Then the intangible. It is a joy to fly. I like the pmdg 737 but not as much 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

The FSLabs and PMDG birds are far superior to any of these.  

• Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

4 hours ago, regis9 said:

Both are great but personally I would rank the FSLabs Airbus just ahead of the ngxu.

Why? The airbus is pretty overrated. 

Marco - your choice can also depend upon if you want to go for a "lite" model  - less in-depth and complex that the two in your poll.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

38 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

Why? The airbus is pretty overrated. 

Not really, the FSL A320 is without doubt a more complex simulation than any other aeroplane you can get for FSX or P3D, simply because it is simulating far more sophisticated avionics and computer control than any other simulated aeroplane. The only other one which has a good claim to equaling it in realistic detail, is the Majestic Dash 8 Q400 in its 'Training' and 'Pro' versions, since both these versions feature some stuff which no other add-on simulates at all, i.e. all the circuit breakers and and maintenance functions of the real aeroplane. Even the FSL A320 doesn't go into that level of detail because these are things which the pilots will never normally bother with, but, what it does do, is pretty much everything else, and on an aeroplane which has five different flight models depending on what has failed or been switched out, that's some really complex simulation, even if we disregard all the other stuff it simulates in obsessive detail.

This does not mean that the PMDG (and indeed the iFly) 737 NGs are not good representations of the real aeroplane, but there simply was no need to simulate so much in terms of avionics and flight characteristics on those products in order to create a good representation of the aeroplane they were attempting to replicate. But it is why for many years, very many people were claiming that simulating an A320 on FSX (and subsequently on P3D) couldn't even be done, and why we had to wait years for a developer to actually pull it off successfully. You only have to look at how many half-@rsed and abortive attempts there have been at making an A320 for flight simulators over the years before FSL pulled it off, to know this is true.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

All  depends  on how  much money  you  want  to  spend,  really   you  really  cant  go  wrong  in either  one  of  them, but  the  fsl  320  is just  ahead  of the  ngxu by  a nose.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg