Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
flotmangooner

Fly Tampa LGAV

Recommended Posts

Hi

Just purchased the above scenery and something is clearly amiss with certain things:

 - blurry road textures

- roads not completed (just turn into grass)

 - roads sinking into the ground

 see screenshots.

The airport itself and surrounding countryside look fine 

Can anyone advise what might be causing this ?

I am running v4.5 and have the graphic settings all set to the max

 

Thanks

http://49820937623_aa5aa6a7eb_h.jpgLGAV3 by Andrew Clarke, on Flickrhttp://49821477041_e082061836_h.jpgLGAV2 by Andrew Clarke, on Flickrhttp://49821789982_4a8830e509_h.jpgLGAV1 by Andrew Clarke, on Flickr

 

Share this post


Link to post

As I recall (from many years ago) that is simply how the scenery looks.  The scenery was made for FSX a long time ago and that was considered pretty darned good back then.  I'm not aware of the scenery having been updated.

Best wishes.

 


Dave-Aerosoft-2021-Small.png

Share this post


Link to post

Fly Tampa website clearly shows LGAV as being compatible with P3D v4 (and other simulators and versions.) But there's an * next to P3D v4 and v5. Not sure what the * refers to but if you can find the explanation could be your answer.


-Jay

9700K | RTX 2080Ti @ 4K | 48GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Fly Tampa website clearly shows LGAV as being compatible with P3D v4 (and other simulators and versions.) But there's an * next to P3D v4 and v5. Not sure what the * refers to but if you can find the explanation could be your answer.

You can click the stars on the purchase page, leads to the compatibility post on the forums. 

v5 https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13842&p

v4 https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10302

Edited by Sethos

8700K Delid @ 5GHz | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz | MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X | Windows 11 Pro | Monitors: Acer XB270HU / LG 27UK650

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, flotmangooner said:

Hi

Just purchased the above scenery and something is clearly amiss with certain things:

 - blurry road textures

- roads not completed (just turn into grass)

 - roads sinking into the ground

 see screenshots.

The airport itself and surrounding countryside look fine 

Can anyone advise what might be causing this ?

I am running v4.5 and have the graphic settings all set to the max

 

Thanks

http://GAV3 by Andrew Clarke, on Flickrhttp://LGAV2 by Andrew Clarke, on Flickrhttp://LGAV1 by Andrew Clarke, on Flickr

 

The scenery is compatible with v4 and that's NOT the way it should look.

Let's start with:

Download libraries

Set Mesh setting to 2

New Installers are here:

https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10302

 

Edited by DJJose

Share this post


Link to post

Did a quick pattern flight:

YQHKYEE.jpg

TIHXVHL.jpg

oAmTVic.jpg

There should be a patch at the FlyTampa Forums.

Jose

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, DJJose said:

a patch at the FlyTampa Forums.

You beat me to it😅

  • Like 1

Rick Almeida

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, DJJose said:

The scenery is compatible with v4 and that's NOT the way it should look.

Let's start with:

Download libraries

Set Mesh setting to 2

New Installers are here:

https://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10302

 

 

Excellent to know!  I haven't used it since FSX and while I knew it worked in P3D I wasn't aware of the patch for V4.

 

Many thanks!

 


Dave-Aerosoft-2021-Small.png

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

 

Excellent to know!  I haven't used it since FSX and while I knew it worked in P3D I wasn't aware of the patch for V4.

 

Many thanks!

 

You can install FSX version by pointing to p3d v4 folder. Uncheck all install options. After installation, install patch, then add scenery manually.

It's not perfect, but it's good enough. The train is missing and some road textures are not aligned properly, but it's vintage FlyTampa.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks guys. 

I have registered for the Fly Tampa forum but have yet to receive the validation email - registered about 6 hours ago so hopefully it will come soon 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, flotmangooner said:

Thanks guys. 

I have registered for the Fly Tampa forum but have yet to receive the validation email - registered about 6 hours ago so hopefully it will come soon 

One last thing that I forgot to mention. After you update open the config and disable AES-Lite. That's old code that can cause random ctds.

The VistaMare dev disappeared so it's highly unlikely we will ever see an update.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The patch has fixed the road issues Than

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

One last thing that I forgot to mention. After you update open the config and disable AES-Lite. That's old code that can cause random ctds.

The VistaMare dev disappeared so it's highly unlikely we will ever see an update.

Thanks guys. The patch has fixed the road issues. Can't see the animated train though - I assume this is because AES lite is disabled? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, flotmangooner said:

The patch has fixed the road issues Than

Thanks guys. The patch has fixed the road issues. Can't see the animated train though - I assume this is because AES lite is disabled? 

 

Even if you enable AES you still will NOT see the animated train. It's gone from v4.

Share this post


Link to post

I will wait till it`s available for V5 in 2 years time.


 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...