Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
jencas

Free Drzewiecki Design's Miami City X

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, micstatic said:

how does this scenery work in combo with LVFR MIA?

LatinVFR includes a very nicely detailed downtown Miami so the free DD version would not be needed.


Flight Simulator - P3D V4.5/V5 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - GIGABYTE RTX2080 OC Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H115i CUSTOM LOOP W/ DUAL 280MM RADIATORS | Power Supply - EVGA 1000+ 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a note, this has been made free almost a year ago already,  not anything new. 
 

if you have LatinVFR, you don’t need it. If you don’t, it would be nice to have. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed and it looks no better than the demo version, so I must have done something wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, rightseat said:

I installed and it looks no better than the demo version, so I must have done something wrong.

Why would you expect it to look better than the Demo Version? :huh:

  • Like 1

Bert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Why would you expect it to look better than the Demo Version? :huh:

Hi Bert,

From what I remember, the demo had low resolution textures so you could get an idea of what the product had. I installed that at one time, but now that the full product is free, I should see the same textures that are advertised. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, rightseat said:

Hi Bert,

From what I remember, the demo had low resolution textures so you could get an idea of what the product had. I installed that at one time, but now that the full product is free, I should see the same textures that are advertised. 

Hmm.. I never had the Demo installed, so cannot tell.. are you looking at the ground textures, or the building textures?


Bert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, micstatic said:

how does this scenery work in combo with LVFR MIA?

So I just added it to v5. Layered it under LVFR. The results are excellent IMO. The DD scenery has buildings that extend much further along the coast and there are additional buildings elsewhere, a larger photoreal coverage area that underlays LVFR's nicely, as well as lite versions of TMB and OPF that are serviceable with photoreal background.  Sure they aren't $20 airports, but they're free and certainly add immersion to flights in and out of KMIA. This is now, by far, the most expansive city area I have installed. There are a few buildings downtown and on the coast that overlap a little - I just did a fly around in the Duke, but it is really only noticable if you're flying at 500 ft right by them. It does consume a little more VRAM. Running at 6.5/7 in the Duke with 1024 texture resolution (@4k resolution). I'd definitely encourage anyone with LVFR to give it a try, you just have to make sure it layers UNDER LVFR. I had to manually add <layer> entries to both add-on.xml files to make that happen.

Here is a with and without DD added to LVFR. You can see additional buildings along the coast and in the city, and you can tell that DD adds photoreal, for example look at the lagoon under the aircraft and the highways.

Without DD:

Zpo1yMm.jpg

With DD:

Hb4BieH.jpg

Opa Locka area without DD:

8xgatF2.jpg

Opa Locka area with DD:

k7aMhUd.jpg

Edited by cwburnett

i5 9600K @ 5Ghz | MSI RTX 2070 | 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 2 x M.2 Gen 3x4 1TB SSDs + 1 x SATA 1TB SSD
Honeycomb Alpha Yoke | Saitek Throttle Quadrant | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

P3Dv5 HF2 | ASP3D | PSXseeconTraffic | AIG-OCI | Lorby AOM | Navigraph Charts | RXP GTN750 | FS2Crew UGCX
Leonardo Maddog X | Majestic Dash 8 | Aerosoft A318-A321+A330 (Beta Tester) | TFDi 717 (Beta Tester) | FSW Lear 35A+Falcon 50+MU-2B | Aerosoft DC-8 | Coolsky DC-9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Is it just me or does KMIA look HIDEOUS?

It's not just you. I was waiting for someone to mention it!! "HIDEOUS" There's no uninstaller, had to delete all folders manually. I have no other KMIA add on's, so nothing conflicted, I just didn't like the quality. :sad:

Thanks, Boomer.

Mike   


Cooler Master Tower.
MSI B450 TOMAHWK Motherboard.(1TB SAMSUNG960 EVO SSD Directly connected to MB)
MSI RTX 2070 Founders Edition
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8Core 16 Threads
32 GB G.SKILL RIPJAWS V DDR4 Memory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mgard78 said:

Just a note, this has been made free almost a year ago already,  not anything new.

Hurray! that means they owe me interest too.😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the MIA demo, and  now have the FSX-SE freebee:  Sure, they look the same - but like in all  Drzwek demos, most of the airport, and some other scenery disappears after a set period of time (it resets again after closing-down the sim). Oh,and thank you at at DD for this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

I wonder if I can get a refund. I bought it several years ago. Doesn't seem fair now that other people are getting it for free.😒

I feel your pain Quasimodo, same happened to me and it is not the first time either! Fortunately I got Miami on sale for around $11 back in 2017, so don't feel quite as aggrieved as you.

My first "betrayal" was with the Milviz P-38 Redbull Redux, which was offered as freeware within months of me purchasing it. Not long after that I bought the Milviz Ju87 Stuka on Steam (FSX), which also became freeware a while later. I have been negative against Milviz ever since, perhaps unfairly, but that is the normal human reaction I think!

So I'm getting used to the older add-ons becoming freeware and therefore will only buy them when heavily discounted (more than 40-50%). My attitude has become even more "rigid" since the announcement of Microsoft FS2020, as I perceive any scenery add-on purchase now as money wasted, unless it is a deal that cannot be refused.

As far as payware-becoming-freeware; I don't expect a refund, but perhaps developers should consider some other gesture, such as a $5 or $10 discount voucher (on their products) for previous buyers, so at least they retain some goodwill.

Edited by rooitou

i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz, ASUS Strix Z270G M/B, GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" 3440x1440, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Rift S, Windows 10 64-bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Boomer said:

Is it just me or does KMIA look HIDEOUS?

I think this is as the focus of the product is the city and not the airport. Shame though, a freeware Miami airport would be nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rooitou said:

I feel your pain Quasimodo, same happened to me and it is not the first time either! Fortunately I got Miami on sale for around $11 back in 2017, so don't feel quite as aggrieved as you.

My first "betrayal" was with the Milviz P-38 Redbull Redux, which was offered as freeware within months of me purchasing it. Not long after that I bought the Milviz Ju87 Stuka on Steam (FSX), which also became freeware a while later. I have been negative against Milviz ever since, perhaps unfairly, but that is the normal human reaction I think!

So I'm getting used to the older add-ons becoming freeware and therefore will only buy them when heavily discounted (more than 40-50%). My attitude has become even more "rigid" since the announcement of Microsoft FS2020, as I perceive any scenery add-on purchase now as money wasted, unless it is a deal that cannot be refused.

As far as payware-becoming-freeware; I don't expect a refund, but perhaps developers should consider some other gesture, such as a $5 or $10 discount voucher (on their products) for previous buyers, so at least they retain some goodwill.

Whahahahaha. That's hilarious. Your even more convoluted funny than I am.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Hmm.. I never had the Demo installed, so cannot tell.. are you looking at the ground textures, or the building textures?

Hi Bert,

The city buildings. I believe the project's focus was on the city, and I think I remember DD said that low resolution airports were included because the focus was on the city itself, but my city textures are still really bad and do not resemble the promo pictures for the full product. So, I think I did something wrong. 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    28%
    $7,170.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...