Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 7th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

23 minutes ago, mp15 said:

I already asked for a job in the past to MS regarding Holo, and they said on May 3rd, 2013 that my CV was recieved but i never heard back from them again, it's a Pitty It was my Dreams to work there,  I'm very very busy now a days anyways.

The problem is they don’t make enough money to have you on their payroll. 😔

• Like 9

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

Supercomputers are hot and loud, GPUs are Cooper big.

Edited by mp15

8 hours ago, ca_metal said:

The problem is they don’t make enough money to have you on their payroll. 😔

Or maybe they just found people who are simply better than him...

• Like 3

IFR Episode postponed so many times... I can only hope that's because their new  ATC is not ready yet. Remember what they continuously said at the Preview Event: "we will do it only if we can do it right" .

• Like 3

Orrr maybe it has to do with Covid? Considering how many times it was delayed, I assume this will be the first one not recorded in their offices.

58 minutes ago, Noooch said:

IFR Episode postponed so many times... I can only hope that's because their new  ATC is not ready yet. Remember what they continuously said at the Preview Event: "we will do it only if we can do it right" .

The pieces of codes they re-used from FSX as they mentioned, such as most probably ATC / Air traffic / Perhaps also the cars on the roads (that appeared in early videos then disappeared) etc, are in my opinion brought in the new engine to be enhanced and fine tuned rather than a temporary implementation while they create fancier versions (for V1 at least).

Thus I would be very surprised, at this stage of the development phase + the projected date of the closed beta, if the ATC will get more complex and sophisticated than this. I could be wrong...  

Seeing their other projects/games, Asobo seem to have high quality standards no doubt... Yet as we obviously know, this project and its budget is managed by MS so it's a different business philosophy and deal...

Especially, now that video games seem to be part of the few winners in these tough times for World economy, as well as the cuts in many industries and companies, the temptation to get a version on the store as soon as possible could be high who knows...

And the question is, will MSFS adopt the philosophy of the other simulator as well as other titles, by having continuous incremental updates following V1... Or rather a more classical approach of one major update (new version) every year, or two as it was in the past... Let's see... 

All these factors in my opinion, will have an impact on how features (like ATC for example) are polished or not for a V1...

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

I have a feeling it's being delayed to include footage from the alpha testers 

Let's see if the IFR episode gives us the required warm feeling about ATC. If they're not going to enhance it above the level implied by the time-lapse clip then the next best option would be for them to provide an API so that the whole of ATC / AI traffic can be taken on by a third party. One of the problems with third party ATC add-ons in FSX was that they had to work alongside the in-built ATC, which was a mess. It would be better if either MSFS or the third party software was able to take full control, not a mixture of both.

• Upvote 1

Ian Box

i wonder if the ATC voices will have a accent for the different parts of the world your flying in and not the computer sounding voices of other simulators?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, boeingcorp said:

i wonder if the ATC voices will have a accent for the different parts of the world your flying in and not the computer sounding voices of other simulators?

Well the voice tech they're using does allow that IIRC. Though they would need to set it up.

In the first time-lapse of the video, there seems to be movement of the pilot and copilot head a little.  Is that my imagination?

14 minutes ago, frankla said:

In the first time-lapse of the video, there seems to be movement of the pilot and copilot head a little.  Is that my imagination?

No, it appears both pilot avatars are animated indeed.

4 hours ago, ashepherd316 said:

i just hope we can have kai tak on there imagine landing on runway 13 in a typhoon. 

I'm almost certain we've seen a picture of where Kai Tak should be, and it isn't there. You'd probably have to wait for a third party addon for it.

Rough seas during storms look fantastic, hopefully the breaking textures will be fixed. 

1c6g9k7ppux41.jpg?width=1622&format=pjpg

Edited by smoothchat

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.