Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Clouds 'flash' when updating..

4 hours ago, tjrush said:

I don't know if we had the same type of flashing but mine was fixed by doing the following:

• Right-click your P3D.exe
  • Properties / Compatibility 
  • Check: 'Disable Fullscreen Optimizations

will check it out, Thanks for the heads up.....

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

On 9/2/2020 at 2:29 AM, Ed_S_Pilot said:

will check it out, Thanks for the heads up.....

How did it go?

Vernon Howells

2 hours ago, Driver170 said:

How did it go?

Did a flight today, Can't say i noticed any kind of "Flashing". so your mileage may very. seems ok.

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

I just did a flight with the full screen optimization disabled but still got the flashing on approach. In this case it seemed to coincide with the loading in of the addon (DRZ KSEA) airport about 20-30 miles out.  Once it was loaded in I did not notice it any longer.  I think it has something to do with scenery loading in and not necessarily new weather being injected.

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

I just did a flight with the full screen optimization disabled but still got the flashing on approach. In this case it seemed to coincide with the loading in of the addon (DRZ KSEA) airport about 20-30 miles out.  Once it was loaded in I did not notice it any longer.  I think it has something to do with scenery loading in and not necessarily new weather being injected.

First time i noticed it was when at alt. and there was cloud bank in front of me and when the weather changed, thats when i noticed the flash. I try it a few more times with and with out.

Ed

I am having the same issue when flying through clouds.

with using asca.

havnt tested with EA 

mike

Has this been resolved?

still getting flashing/ popping of clouds

using ASCA

cheers

mike

3 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Has this been resolved?

still getting flashing/ popping of clouds

using ASCA

cheers

mike

We won't know until 5.1 is out.....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

14 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

We won't know until 5.1 is out.....

Ok ,thanks.

Ide switch back to EA by then hopefully.

mike

Well I guess this has not been fixed?

Anybody else still get flashing clouds?

in overcast conditions? Not using EA mode?

ASCA clouds. ASP3D 

cheers

mike

3 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Well I guess this has not been fixed?

Anybody else still get flashing clouds?

in overcast conditions? Not using EA mode?

ASCA clouds. ASP3D 

cheers

mike

Yep I am..

With a full re-install of 5.1 not using EA and I'm using ASCA, notice it mostly in overcast conditions.
However I am finding 5.1 smoother with higher FPS then 4.5 🙂

Cheers,

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, D-man said:

Yep I am..

With a full re-install of 5.1 not using EA and I'm using ASCA, notice it mostly in overcast conditions.
However I am finding 5.1 smoother with higher FPS then 4.5 🙂

Cheers,

Thanks for the reply.

yes it is smoother.  Hopefully it gets fixed.

wouldn’t hold my breath thou. This has been mentioned numerous times with no fix yet.

cheers

mike

I'd say the cloud flashing issue is even worse for me in 5.1. What's hilarious is that users reported this bug in *July* if not earlier and last week LM came on the forum and was all like, "Cool, thx for pointing this out, we'll look into it." This is what happens when you don't have a formal bug reporting tool and you depend on a forum that you barely visit for user feedback.

Same here , 

problem has not been fixed at all . It is a loading issue , in less load heavy sceneries a lot less flashing and stuttering , in high load heavy sceneries (complex) it flashes and stutters a lot .

what did help a bit was letting all cpu cores run at the same speed (HT is off) . With the stock 10900 kf settings it was a lot worse with big stutters and pauses .