Sign in to follow this  
Milviz

MV taking over WX Advantage product for v5

Hi all,

MV (Military Visualizations Inc) will, effective immediately, be taking over support and sales of the WX Advantage product formerly marketed by REX. 

What does this mean for end users?  Not much though, we will need you to get in touch with us (oisin at milviz dot com) for support and updates.  All requests must come with a proof of purchase.

What does this mean for 3rd party devs?  Just get in touch with us for the new WXM.dll and we will be providing support to you as well.

Sadly, we will be forced to charge a small fee for the update into v5.  Do note that we have not charged any update fee in the past for this product and so, we're hoping that this will be ok.

Thank you for your attention and we hope you love our WXR.

Oh, and it will continue to work with all weather systems in v5 including Truesky.

Snuffy the Mongoose.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I love your WXR and I'm fine with a moderate fee for the V5 update.

Karl

• Upvote 1

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Excellent news!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Would the KA350I be updated for P3d v5?

Mo45

It will be.  Working on getting the SP1 done...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

11 hours ago, Milviz said:

Great news! Thank you!

22 hours ago, Milviz said:

Many thanks.much appreciated.

Mo45

On 5/13/2020 at 3:03 AM, Milviz said:

MV (Military Visualizations Inc) will, effective immediately, be taking over support and sales of the WX Advantage product formerly marketed by REX. 

That's good news -- thanks!   Do you have a rough estimate of when you might have a WX Radar update available for P3Dv5 HF1?

Al

We're not going to release for HF1.  LM is now working on HF2 and that, once out and stable (a week) is when we plan on releasing.

14 minutes ago, Milviz said:

We're not going to release for HF1.  LM is now working on HF2 and that, once out and stable (a week) is when we plan on releasing.

Makes sense -- thanks for the info.

Al

On 5/13/2020 at 5:03 AM, Milviz said:

Hi all,

What does this mean for end users?  Not much though, we will need you to get in touch with us (oisin at milviz dot com) for support and updates.  All requests must come with a proof of purchase.

Thank you for your attention and we hope you love our WXR.

Snuffy the Mongoose.

I'm glad this is going back to Milviz.

Will there be a dedicated support forum just as there is for your other products?

How long does it take to get support and updates after emailing oisin at milviz dot com?

I've sent two emails along with proof of purchase now...I have not heard back yet.

Edited by flyblueskies

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

There will be a support forum for all above v5.  We are not providing support below that at this time.

V5 support will wait till we have a stable v5.  The next hotfix out for at least 2 weeks and people happy...

6 hours ago, Milviz said:

There will be a support forum for all above v5.  We are not providing support below that at this time.

V5 support will wait till we have a stable v5.  The next hotfix out for at least 2 weeks and people happy...

Thank you, I appreciate the clarification.

Edited by flyblueskies

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5