Sign in to follow this  
meiztom

Anyone catch the leak posted on Reddit earlier?

12 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

Williamsburg Bridge, looking toward the Lower East Side of Manhattan. A zoomed satellite photo of that location show that while there are some trees in the strip between the river and FDR drive they are nowhere near as numerous, (or as thick), as in the screenshot.

The buildings appear very close to their real-world counterparts though...

That's photogrammetry, so the buildings are not just close, but exact (at least in so far as when the imagery was taken).

The tree issue has to do with the AI reading color variations and putting forests where it's really just changes in grass color or scrub brush. I really hope they fix it soon, but it may be a bigger issue than we think.

1 minute ago, bonchie said:

They need to just reduce the size of the trees at least to mask the issue

Yep! 👍

• Like 1

Matthew S

51 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Btw, noticed that there was a big white line with a small downpointing arrow in the middle of it (the whole thing was in the center of the screen, upper half). Is that a ui indicator of the game downloading scenery? It's not present the whole time, and it was more often present in the video of the first video in NYC. 

Strictly speaking from my experience playing at X019 (as there was no NDA to agree to), this line is displayed when the mouse is moved and you can mouse over it to reveal the toolbar UI to access weather, checklists etc etc

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Billi billi  search MFS2020华盛顿州VFR飞行:星期五港-福尔城

There's the point to point flight everyone has been pining for. For whatever flaws the sim may have, and I really wish we could discuss them here, there's no denying that the visual experience is just next level overall. Not perfect, but next level.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, bonchie said:

But it's concerning at this point

With such a rushed release, nowhere even near the Christmas holiday season, I think the "bean counters" are pulling the plug, so I hope it doesn't stay like it forever, closed in their issue tracker with a tag of "good enough". 🤦‍♂️

Matthew S

2 hours ago, RudyB24 said:

There's another leaked video on YouTube.

Some better flying this time, but similar sim issues

• scenery pops
  • strange things happen under bridges
  • ships glued to the water
  • arcade like plane behavior (Or maybe this type of plane really banks this snappy, stand perfectly still in 0.1s after a roll I mean? Then I've said nothing.)
  • And lol ... definitely too many trees. 🙂

I know, I know ... we don't know the settings. But still.

I'm going to buy MSFS anyhow, but we may be critical ... in the end hopefully our findings and feedback will make the product better.

I keep warning people. Photogrammetry, just like you see in Bing maps, is going to be rough around the edges. You are going to see popping and morphing. It's unavoidable. The issue under bridges? Again, that's a photogrammetry issue not present outside photogrammetry cities.

You have to take the 90% amazing, omg this is incredible with the 10% bad when it comes to photogrammetry. They can't possible fix every glitch world wide with it. Where it truly shines is during normal flight, takeoff, cruise, landing. Not 500 feet zooming and using the proverbial magnifying glass.

Remember, you can always turn it off.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, bonchie said:

Remember, you can always turn it off.

Do you know what settings can be tweaked to improve performance? Has anyone leaked a screenshot of that? 🤔

Matthew S

Just now, MatthewS said:

Do you know what settings can be tweaked to improve performance? Has anyone leaked a screenshot of that? 🤔

I can't say without getting in trouble, but the graphics settings are extensive.

11 minutes ago, bonchie said:

There's the point to point flight everyone has been pining for. For whatever flaws the sim may have, and I really wish we could discuss them here, there's no denying that the visual experience is just next level overall. Not perfect, but next level.

Yup. That’s actually the best video I’ve seen yet. 

@bonchie I'll be in awe and will enjoy the beauty once I have it running on the new rig I plan to buy later this year. It's just that the eye easily tends to catch the glitches, easily catches what deviates from 'normal'.

And I think it's good to let Asobo know our findings. It's not critique, it's beta testing. Then they can tell us 'yes, we know, but there's nothing we can do about it', or maybe even 'we know, but we're not going to solve this'.

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Bill bill night flying search MFS2020小赛夜降西雅图小机场

That's an old one...  1st June.

Matthew S

7 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Bill bill night flying search MFS2020小赛夜降西雅图小机场

Thanks for sharing my friend but I think you woke up a little bit too late into the party these are all old leaks..

30 minutes ago, bonchie said:

It's almost perfect except for the oversized 🌲

Asobo, just add a scaling factor to the ".ini" file, so that users who want to constrain your default over-scaled trees (by tree type) can do so 🤔

If I could set "treescale_conifer=.75"  to reduce those conifers by 25% then that video would look almost real, IMHO.

• Like 1

Matthew S