Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 28th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

26 minutes ago, Elwyn said:

We got awesome screenshots update after update, credits to Alpha testers and I enjoy it a lot.... but I got to the point that starts to bother me how shots are taken, here for example, use of depth of field is overkill, no offense it's a great screenshot, but in real world photography you don't simply get those bokeh effect unless you use macro lens and get very close to subject like less than a foot to achieve the same depth of field like on the first screenshot below, that the subjects looks tiny and not life like size and it looks like a toy and the tow truck shouldn't be out of focus and so unrealistic.

another example:

the subject looks tiny in this depth..

I guess on my own opinion MS/ASOBO should consider real world cameras on FS2020 to achieve realistic photos, using real world lenses, apertures should be consider, shutter speed as well, ISO value EV etc... that will create good immersive experience. current camera effects today is like we have on a smartphones bokeh overkill and to much cosmetics.

I agree, the DoF photos are on the path of becoming a meme. Reminds me of the nineties when everyone was busy adding lens flare effects to their images.

Edited by Kopteeni
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, thepilot said:

Exactly this. Major disappointment, despite the added functionality.

No need to be majorly disappointed when this is WIP

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Call me cynical, but as we didn't see any non-North America ATC messages I'm guessing they haven't got international (hectopascals) baro implemented (yet?). Also they were set to 29.92 the whole time - was this to avoid the repeated messages about being above/below the assigned altitude?

• Like 1

Ian Box

2 hours ago, anden145 said:

I can understand, that MSFS will be published, with a given navigational dataset (most likely the current one). But I wonder if all this; continously updated navigation data and live AI traffic, will be in included, or if it will require some sort of subscription model? It's suddenly quite a lot of stuff, we usually pay a fee for. 

There will be no subscriptions

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

There will be no subscriptions

How do you know this? It has been stated, that there will be no subscription for the data-part and online part of MSFS, yes.

But honestly I highly doubt that continously updated navigational data, airac data and live ATC is completely free of charge! This is something we usually are charged a fee for, and I think it's reasonable to expect, that this will be the case here as well. 

Please refrain from jumping to conclusions... 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

2 minutes ago, anden145 said:

How do you know this? It has been stated, that there will be no subscription for the data-part and online part of MSFS, yes.

But honestly I highly doubt that continously updated navigational data, airac data and live ATC is completely free of charge! This is something we usually are charged a fee for, and I think it's reasonable to expect, that this will be the case here as well. 

You’re the one jumping to conclusions. There will be no subscription. It’s been stated time and time again.

Microsoft can afford to give these updates to the customers for free.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

You’re the one jumping to conclusions.

No I'm not! I merely wondered if there would be a required subscription. You, on the other hand, hands down disregarded it - hence you make the conclusion (without any form of evidence), that everything included and shown in the Feature Videos will be a one-time payment. This might be the case - but don't just categorically reject, that it could be a different scenario.

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

1 minute ago, anden145 said:

MS Team: We hate subs and microtranactions. You can buy the game outright with all of the online features or get it through gamepass

Avsim user that knows more than MS: There's no way there won't be a subscription!

And yes, you are the one jumping to conclusions.

• Like 12

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 minutes ago, anden145 said:

hence you make the conclusion (without any form of evidence)

Interviews from the dev team isn’t evidence now?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Krakin said:

Wow!!! This forum, just keeps getting better and better! ... Whew... But fair enough!

I just think, that it's highly unlikely - and a bit presumptious of people - to expect unlimited updated navigation data, AIRAC data and live AI traffic for free... 

But who knows.   

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

3 minutes ago, anden145 said:

Wow!!! This forum, just keeps getting better and better! ... Whew... But fair enough!

I just think, that it's highly unlikely - and a bit presumptious of people - to expect unlimited updated navigation data, AIRAC data and live AI traffic for free... 

But who knows.   

Microsoft has a lot of money and sway, they’ve probably made deals to get the data at a discount.

Plus if they stick the names of their data providers in the sim that’s free advertising for them.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3

-DELETED-

Edited by anden145

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

7 minutes ago, Krakin said:

MS Team: We hate subs and microtranactions. You can buy the game outright with all of the online features or get it through gamepass

Avsim user that knows more than MS: There's no way there won't be a subscription!

4 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Interviews from the dev team isn’t evidence now?

Could you please stop with the confrontational attitude? Wow, you act like I have insulted someone... *SIGH*

Why does everything on AVSIM need a hostile underlying attitude and condecending demeanor?

Whatever happened to common decency and manners towards each other? 

• Like 3

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Just now, anden145 said:

Could you please stop with the confrontational attitude? Wow, you act like I have insulted someone... *SIGH*

Why does everything on AVSIM need a hostile underlying attitude and condecending demeanor?

Whatever happened to common decency and manners towards each other? 

How am I being hostile? That’s not my intention of it seems that way.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, anden145 said:

You stop now. He answers with facts, and you with insinuations. 

• Like 1