Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 28th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

8 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Alpha-2020-05

Screenshot by Raynen

If they can put such a magnificent screenshot in a regular update, they certainly don't have problems in finding screenies for #WingWednesday! 😎

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

In the external view of the A320 landing, the landing gear's suspension mechanism seems to be missing completely. As soon as the wheels touch the ground, the suspension remains rigid. Hope they fix it for the release.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

11 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

In the external view of the A320 landing, the landing gear's suspension mechanism seems to be missing completely. As soon as the wheels touch the ground, the suspension remains rigid. Hope they fix it for the release.

It looked a bit like a light RC plane landing. The wing dynamics were nice though.

Edited by Kopteeni

37 minutes ago, alkan said:

Some ATC issues that stood out to me in the IFR episode:

• so many pointless frequency changes, just as in FSX. Hopefully (if the ATC is based on FSX code) they fixed that annoying bug when ATC would have you switch back and forth between control A and B.
  • phraseology is wrong, either by FAA or ICAO standards. For instance, "keep speed below" should be "do not exceed X knots". Or "continue as planned" - what even is that? 
  • procedures seem odd. Why would ATC say "Make straight in Runway 16L" to an aircraft on the ILS, in IMC? Completely unrealistic.
  • voice (Text-To-Speech) is a huge step back from FSX.

Do they even use "... with you" still in real life?

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

35 minutes ago, alkan said:

Some ATC issues that stood out to me in the IFR episode:

• so many pointless frequency changes, just as in FSX. Hopefully (if the ATC is based on FSX code) they fixed that annoying bug when ATC would have you switch back and forth between control A and B.
  • phraseology is wrong, either by FAA or ICAO standards. For instance, "keep speed below" should be "do not exceed X knots". Or "continue as planned" - what even is that? 
  • procedures seem odd. Why would ATC say "Make straight in Runway 16L" to an aircraft on the ILS, in IMC? Completely unrealistic.
  • voice (Text-To-Speech) is a huge step back from FSX.

Exactly this. Major disappointment, despite the added functionality.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, alkan said:

voice (Text-To-Speech) is a huge step back from FSX.

But it would probably make it easier to improve ( either by Asobo or 3rd parties ) the ATC phraseology, something that would be very hard to do with pre-recorded voices like in FSX and in fact it's the main reason why we are still stuck with the same voices from 2006.

And, don't forget that even the voice quality itself of the TTS can improve, since it's likely Azure-based:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cognitive-services/text-to-speech/

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I can understand, that MSFS will be published, with a given navigational dataset (most likely the current one). But I wonder if all this; continously updated navigation data and live AI traffic, will be in included, or if it will require some sort of subscription model? It's suddenly quite a lot of stuff, we usually pay a fee for. 

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 minute ago, anden145 said:

I can understand, that MSFS will be published, with a given navigational dataset (most likely the current one). But I wonder if all this; continously updated navigation data and live AI traffic, will be in included, or if it will require some sort of subscription model? It's suddenly quite a lot of stuff, we usually pay a fee for. 

Subscription 95 %. The AIRAC updates convinced me. We can't expect to get all of this for free.

• Like 5

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

9 minutes ago, MaVe64 said:

Do they even use "... with you" still in real life?

No. It's a pet peeve of pilots. Same with "traffic in area please advise".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thomasso said:

Subscription 95 %. The AIRAC updates convinced me. We can't expect to get all of this for free.

Agreed! Was wondering, though as they didn't mention it. But come to think about it, it is really quite obvious, that these parts has to be subscription based...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Looks good! but after all amazing  discovery series, this was more let down especially the atc cause doesn't show much improvement over fsx  and I also worry how the ai traffic management is gonna be apply on simulator cause on old sims heavy ai traffic cause lot of problems like massive go-arounds, long lines waiting for departure  or even landing on the runway and the ai traffic taking off

Edited by miguel88
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, anden145 said:

Agreed! Was wondering, though as they didn't mention it. But come to think about it, it is really quite obvious, that these parts has to be subscription based...

I really don't mind. I actually became quite fond of subscription based services (like Netflix, Spotify or PS Plus). You pay reasonable amount every month and you're taken care of. Updates, new functions, possibilities...

It's much better than a fixed price product that isn't regularly updated.

• Like 2

Tomáš Pokorný

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

26 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Not just that. It might be due to the speed up or just poor landing technique, but the flare seems to be missing completely.

• Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Just now, tweekz said:

Not just that. It might be due to the speed up or just poor landing technique, but the flare seems to be missing completely.

Yeah that's because of poor piloting skills. Look at the take-off. He/she can't hold the centerline what so ever. It almost seems like a keyboard/mouse/gamepad setup to me.

Tomáš Pokorný

Just now, Thomasso said:

I really don't mind. I actually became quite fond of subscription based services (like Netflix, Spotify or PS Plus). You pay reasonable amount every month and you're taken care of. Updates, new functions, possibilities...

It's much better than a fixed price product that isn't regularly updated.

Indeed. It's the way things are going for quite a lot of services... I don't mind either. 

• Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--