Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 28th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

Yeah I'm happy with the airac updating as per real world...and they quickly mentioned it but that we'd be able to edit flight plans in flight.... hopefully that means using features like "activate leg," "direct to," and inputting radials/arcs etc etc.  If we could do that I'd be fairly content with default aircraft....as these days I don't have time for every cold and dark startup.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just now, snglecoil said:

I was just getting ready to post this! Ahem...the crusade is over, @Wobbie 😉

What were we going to call it?? 😛  MSFS... FS2020 has that ring to it. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

15 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

Copilot can now handle the radios! SIDS and STARS baby!

He will also fly it if you need to step away from the controls 

• Like 1

Just now, devgrp said:

He will also fly it if you need to step away from the controls 

I missed the part where we can walk around the aircraft and visit the lavatory... 

• Like 4

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

2 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Only thing, what about charts?

Navigraph or the multitude of freely available charts on the interwebz

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Only thing, what about charts?

That would be cool if they can be accessed in-game and preferably Jeppesen.

Edited by reignman40
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, reignman40 said:

I missed the part where we can walk around the aircraft and visit the lavatory... 

Walk around maybe, but you can see the check box to let the co-pilot fly and I've already used that feature 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Walk around maybe, but you can see the check box to let the co-pilot fly and I've already used that feature 😉

That's actually really awesome, that feature will come in handy for sure! They are just thinking of everything when developing this sim. 

• Like 3

Some of those viewing angles are crazy. Going to be fun for screen shots.

• Like 1

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

38 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

2020-05-28-06_28_52-Greenshot.jpg

The update is nice BUT trees size still need work.... I drive past this often and I don't remember Sydney being transplanted to the Amazon.

Is this still an old alpha? Seems like Asobo is making no progress on tree size.

Asobo, fix your "AI" logic and stop defaulting tree size for the "tropics" to massive old-growth rain forest.

In fact tree sizes everywhere are just too large for all tree varieties. Look at the conifers in the previous shot by SVG1780, they have the perfect shape of small Christmas trees that are scaled up 10x.  Big trees don't have the same perfect "cute" shape as small trees, it looks weird.

Of course the Sydney Harbour Bridge is missing too, and no doubt they will add that custom art asset later, but I like the look of that AI generated bridge.

• Like 4

Matthew S

40 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

At 11:35 he calls it FS2020, the debate is final! haha

FINALLY!!!!  He calls the sim FS2020 a LOT in this vid!!!

UhxtL6n.gif

A moment of silence for poor, poor Wobbie.  😔

Edited by Mengy
  • Like 3

Leave it to avsim users to take away all the excitement and fun, nothing but nitpick. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 10

1 minute ago, Kaan KASIM said:

Leave it to avsim users to take away all the excitement and fun, nothing but nitpick. 🤦‍♂️

I only see one person poo pooing on the party right now. And it has nothing to do with the IFR video. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1