Sign in to follow this  
adino

Maybe sub-forums about trees and alpha access for dummies?

18 hours ago, MatthewS said:

So maybe Asobo is just like you and they have no issue with tree size?  No mention of it in "top alpha issues"... 🙄

Yea, because it's not that big of a problem compared to other, more key functions of the simulator that they need to work on. I'm sure at some point, whether it's in the alpha or beta or sometime after release, they will get around to tree sizes.

20 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Perhaps the posts discussing VR in this thread should be moved to the VR forum.  Mods?

Hook

Sure. Then we can move all posts mentioning X-Plane 11 from the MS 20/20 forums, and after that any post mentioning Ms 20/20 from the X-Plane forums, and then we can have a fine old time moving all sorts of posts all over the place. Or, does that sort of thing only apply to VR posts? 😏

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

Sure. Then we can move all posts mentioning X-Plane 11 from the MS 20/20 forums, and after that any post mentioning Ms 20/20 from the X-Plane forums, and then we can have a fine old time moving all sorts of posts all over the place. Or, does that sort of thing only apply to VR posts? 😏

Can I play? Sounds like fun. 😀

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

3 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Sure. Then we can move all posts mentioning X-Plane 11 from the MS 20/20 forums, and after that any post mentioning Ms 20/20 from the X-Plane forums, and then we can have a fine old time moving all sorts of posts all over the place.

Sounds like a  winner to me. :smile:

huey1177.gif

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 2:47 PM, Lon Duncombe said:

How about a sub sub-forum for leaves and branches?

Lon Duncombe

As long as nobody starts going on about Dutch Elm Disease.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

16 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Can I play? Sounds like fun. 😀

Sure! Just think of all the sub forums and sub-subforums and sub-sub-subforums we can create to divide each other.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I cannot find any MS 20/20 forums here at all!

Maybe move all MS 20/20 out of this Microsoft Flight Simulator forum?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

47 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

As long as nobody starts going on about Dutch Elm Disease.

How about big toe fungus? 😉

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

4 hours ago, Doug47 said:

Why it’s so popular will forever will remain a mystery.

Out of every mainstream online community I'm part of, Reddit is by far the nicest. Twitter is a cesspool. Facebook is for your gran to share conspiracy theories. Instagram is full of poseurs. YouTube is OK, but the comments are awful.

Reddit is mostly geeks talking to other geeks about geeky things, and for the most part being pretty pleasant to each other.

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

Perhaps the posts discussing VR in this thread should be moved to the VR forum.  Mods?

You should go all in and ask them to add it to the banned words list.

• Like 1

Reddit honest? 
Its the realm of the 13 year olds throwing curse words and insults at each other like it’s Saturday night at the low life bar.  
Yeah, a fun place. Not. 
Even if it wasn’t like that and was like what the posters above imagine it to be, the 1995 style format kills it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nickhod said:

Out of every mainstream online community I'm part of, Reddit is by far the nicest. Twitter is a cesspool. Facebook is for your gran to share conspiracy theories. Instagram is full of poseurs. YouTube is OK, but the comments are awful.

47 minutes ago, Hamish100 said:

I agree Reddit is the only Honest place.

Only if you agree with the prevelant groupthink.
As soon as you disagree / voice a different opinion, there's an immediate pile on.

But then, that's just social media in general.

The Imgur frontpage occasionally has some good posts, r/aviation and r/earthp*rn are great subreddits.
However, most of my time on social media is spent on Avsim.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 6/2/2020 at 1:46 AM, MatthewS said:

Yes and no mention of tree size.

Luckily so.

No mention of it in "top alpha issues"... 🙄

Uh, really, what a surprise. And could you imagine why that is? In a FLIGHT sim? Think about it, maybe you'll get to it. I think some real, actual issues have been mentioned and discussed on this board.

31 minutes ago, badderjet said:

Uh, really, what a surprise. And could you imagine why that is? In a FLIGHT sim? Think about it, maybe you'll get to it. I think some real, actual issues have been mentioned and discussed on this board.

Of course it's a real, actual issue, but you're free to live in your own world where rules of scale and height perception don't apply. 🙄

Edited by MatthewS

Matthew S

12 hours ago, Doug47 said:

Reddit honest? 
Its the realm of the 13 year olds throwing curse words and insults at each other like it’s Saturday night at the low life bar.  

Ironically, amongst Redditors Avsim has a reputation for open, reasoned, and enlightened discourse.

Nah, not really. It's known as a playground for disgruntled, snobbish, entitled white boomers. I know! The cheek of it!

• Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea