Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

June 4th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

10 hours ago, 767lover said:

Blown away by most, but:

Screenshot by Nightxpress6423: I believe I have seen these red lights on highways since Alpha 3. Are these supposed to resemble cars that are not there and thus static? I am definitely not convinced about this. 

Me neither, especially in this particular shot. I wonder if these lights are placeholders. Road traffic seems to be scarse at the moment. Maybe once it's fully implemented the static red lights will be gone (if they are static)?

10 hours ago, 767lover said:

Where are the breaking waves on shores. This has been missing from the beginning and I am starting to wonder why this is not implemented. Even FSX had it.

In the airport discovery series video you could see waves breaking near Donegal ariport. I'm not sure whether they really reach the beach but in that video they look fantastic.

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

27 minutes ago, tweekz said:

This looks like straight out of GTA! 👍

Also some of the landscapes proof the great VFR immersion factor once again.

I agree, this one is definitely one of the most impressive that we had since the beginning of dev updates, perfect showcase of many scenery aspects (buildings, vegetation, water, etc.) 👍

Edited by Jonathan Berthier
  • Upvote 1

In the screenshot with the Cub's from SN0WY33, that tight turn so close to the ground and the high nose attitude, doesn't that look like a tragedy about to happen unless it has high speed? Never flown a Cub, so not sure...

I'm looking forward to MSFS 2020 and from what I've seen so far it looks fantastic.

However, it seems to me that some, if not all, of the screenshots have been touched up, or photo-shopped, for effect.  I do not like this practice, and it makes me suspicious that the scenery may not be quite as awesome as the MSFS marketing folks are making it seem.

Don't forget that Microsoft used somewhat deceptive marketing techniques to promote FSX.

I'll probably get a lot of flak for daring to criticize MSFS 2020, but I think that this must be said.

I encourage the MSFS team to provide more unfiltered, untouched, unaltered, and unedited videos and screenshots of the new sim.  Moreover, I ask them to show more varied parts of the world instead of focusing mostly on the Pacific Northwest and Western Europe.

Dave

Edited by dave2013
  • Upvote 2

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

6 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

However, I've noticed that some, if not all, of the screenshots have been touched up, or photo-shopped, for effect.

What is your evidence that some Photoshop alternations have been made?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

29 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

I'm looking forward to MSFS 2020 and from what I've seen so far it looks fantastic.

However, I've noticed that some, if not all, of the screenshots have been touched up, or photo-shopped, for effect.  

Take yourself over to the leaked footage it will clear up pretty quickly that this is not a marketing ploy, what you see is what you get.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, n4gix said:

What is your evidence that some Photoshop alternations have been made?

I should rephrase my statement to "It seems to me that some, if not all, of the screenshots have been touched up, or photo-shopped, for effect".

Maybe it's not photoshop, but it looks to me like something is being used to edit the screenshots.  Do you not see that some of them don't look natural?  They look like they've had some kind of filtering applied to them.

I could be wrong, and hope that I am.

Dace

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

3 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Take yourself over to the leaked footage it will clear up pretty quickly that this is not a marketing ploy, what you see is what you get.

I hope you're right.

However, I know a little bit about how sales and marketing departments at many businesses use techniques to make their products look better than they really are.

Dave

42 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

However, it seems to me that some, if not all, of the screenshots have been touched up, or photo-shopped, for effect.  I do not like this practice, and it makes me suspicious that the scenery may not be quite as awesome as the MSFS marketing folks are making it seem.

I don't think so.

I can tell you my screenshots look exactly the same in this site as in my hard drive, and I don't see anything in the other screenshots to think that they were tampered with.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4

I am in the Alpha, What you see is what you get. Can we move on from this subject now ?

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

27 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

I hope you're right.

However, I know a little bit about how sales and marketing departments at many businesses use techniques to make their products look better than they really are.

Dave

I would be sceptical like you if all I had seen were the fancy marketing trailers but since then I’ve spoken to alpha members seen alpha footage official and leaked footage and it is extremely positive. However, keep in mind it’s an alpha, it will not be perfect right now from a functionality perspective but it’s clearly visually stunning already and will only improve.

• Upvote 1

If your not in the Alpha. Don't speculate. It is kind of pointless at this stage. Just saying.

Edited by Keyholebud
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kpeters said:

I don't think so.

I can tell you my screenshots look exactly the same in this site as in my hard drive, and I don't see anything in the other screenshots to think that they were tampered with.

Yep. The one of mine they used is the same exact file name and file size as the original I have on my PC and uploaded to the forums. They definitely don't mess with them at all. What you see is what we see.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, trainplane3 said:

Yep. The one of mine they used is the same exact file name and file size as the original I have on my PC and uploaded to the forums. They definitely don't mess with them at all. What you see is what we see.

Perhaps he’s referring to a camera effect when taking the screenshot, you probably can’t answer this but I wonder about what camera settings can be altered when taking a pic.

All looking good, apart from shot six by Nightxpress6423, which is quite ugly. Also the water in #7 by Whitelight506, looks a bit out of scale in terms of wave height, with no shore interaction, considering those waves would be huge!. Having said that I don't expect perfection in all scenarios, in which case I'm happy to say it looks amazing overall.

Edited by Novation