Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Aeroplane Heaven DC-3/C-47 patch available.

As per the post title. Engines now start properly.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thanks for the info, but at SimMarket there's nothing yet.

It's funny, AH guys said the aircraft was starting up as expected just from the very first release.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Updated Chock's Hangar video review coming up in a couple of hours (currently editing it), and for those interested, I bought my AH Dc-3/C-47 from Simmarket, where the patch is up and available (v1.2). It fixes the manual engine start sequence enabling proper starts, sorts the textures out for P3D V5 and adds a C-47 floatplane version.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

It does in fact start correctly now.

Cheers,

Mark

Review update covering the patch:

Edited by Chock
  • Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Nice update, Al..

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Well, got v1.2 at SimMarket too, but I would say it's really a complete new installer. Strange, but I always receive an email from SimMarket every time a product updated version or a patch is released, but did not in this case.

Additionally, on my account I only see an updated set of textures for v1.2 which I suppose are not HD, because of their size (662 MB the "zip"). For previous versions there were two sets of textures (SD and HD). Does that mean that AH abandoned the HD textures for this aircraft?.

I'm officially starting to call for me this aircraft as the Carenado DC-3 😆

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Never get emails from Simmarket, but my simmarket account shows four new files (all v1.2). They are: Base DC3 install, Base C-47 install, Textures DC-3 install, Textures C-47 install. You install the base files first, obviously, but the read me does also say this in case anyone was unsure about the sequence.

What I therefore did, was uninstall the DC-3 and C-47 via the Win 10 Control Panel Software Uninstall option, then I also cleaned out the traces of folders from the P3D installation which were still in the Aircraft folder. Then I installed it all anew with the v1.2 files. Seems to work okay for me. As to whether the textures are SD or HD, I've not checked, but since I don't run P3D V5 at a massively high resolution anyway, it really makes no odds, it looks good enough to me which is all I'm bothered about.

The difference here between this and Carenado, is that whilst it has taken AH a good while to update it all and get patch/exe files out, they have at least remained reasonably communicative about it and have actually got there in the end. I don't recall Carenado ever putting a patch/update out where they gave you an couple of additional models as well as the fixes, which is what AH have done with this update: A new six-window variant of the DC-3 and a floatplane variant of the C-47.  It's not the first time they've added some stuff to packages either, they threw in a model of the 1965 film version of the Phoenix with the patch for the C-119 Flying Box Car.

So whilst I'm not thrilled at having had to wait quite some time for an update, which seems to indicate either some sloppy beta testing or a rushed initial release, they have at least come good in the end.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Downloaded v1.2 and re-installed from scratch.

There's a changelog included for both exterior and interior models, using their own words. The one related to textures states "Standardised textures to 2k to improve framerates", so it's confirmed they have one set of textures in the download with Standard Definition (SD).

For me that's Ok.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

It also seems they're not using the A2A windshield effects anymore, unless this is due to non-compatibility issues with P3Dv5.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Has anyone managed to install the F1 GTN in the DC-3/C-47, and if so do you just simply use the Panel.cfg provided or is there further work required?

20 minutes ago, LecLightning56 said:

Has anyone managed to install the F1 GTN in the DC-3/C-47, and if so do you just simply use the Panel.cfg provided or is there further work required?

Yes, you should use the panel_f1_mv.CFG provided, and all that you have to do is to rename it to panel.CFG. Don't forget to make a backup of the original panel.CFG provided.

Another point is that you should have BOTH the F1 GTN750 and the MilViz WX Radar installed for this panel to work, otherwise it won't.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

Is the AH DC-3 so much better than the Manfred Jahn team's P3D version that one 'must have' the AH??

If so, in which areas?

T45

I’d suggest checking out Chock’s original review on YouTube, he goes into quite a lot of depth on that question.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU