Sign in to follow this  
Klazz

Good GA for P3DV5

I don't want to gamble with sub par GA aircraft for P3Dv5.

I currently have Alabeo PA32, Carenado GTX90, Alabeo C441, Carenado Embraer 300. 

Whilst I like Carenado in Xplane, they seem terrible in P3D. 

Could anyone recommend me some good GA planes not Carenado or A2A. And also a place to buy them. I'm aware of Simmarket and Justflight.

Thanks in advance.

I find the Just Flight PA28 warrior II to be quite nice. Works in V5.

I fly the type IRL and some things are off vs the real plane (one is taxi bevaviour...) but all in all, a good rendition of a basic 70's workhorse. I enjoy it.

Flight 1 GNS addition is supported, but not sure about RXP GNS.

Just Flight has overall an interesting caralogue of GA, some are true gems and some..well aren't.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

6 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

I find the Just Flight PA28 warrior II to be quite nice. Works in V5.

I fly the type IRL and some things are off vs the real plane (one is taxi bevaviour...) but all in all, a good rendition of a basic 70's workhorse. I enjoy it.

Flight 1 GNS addition is supported, but not sure about RXP GNS.

Just Flight has overall an interesting caralogue of GA, some are true gems and some..well aren't.

Thanks for the tips. 

That's what I'm afraid of. The TBM850 from Carenado is one of the worst aircraft I've flown in a flight sim and I love that plane.

Edited by Klazz
typo

Go for any of the A2A planes. You wont regret it 🙂

Those are the best GA planes for P3D.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

21 minutes ago, LH340fan said:

Does it work in v4?

I don't know the reason why he shouldn't work at the Prepar4. But you may have to trick the installer into thinking that the installation is done for Prepar4.

But I'm not sure, maybe someone will confirm the work in Prepar4. I have already deleted this simulator.

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

One more point goes to Just Flight PA28.

As a real Piper's flyer, I appreciate the cockpit immersion this addon is created. I'm not much attract by flight models because at the end of the day I'm facing a screen with a joystick and my PC flight experience is limited. For example, A2A C172 Trainer flight models doesn't seduce me. I mostly use P3D addons that I fly in real.

40364219513_4ce0f6e658_b_d.jpg

Regarding place-to-buy, I have one strategy : buy directly to the producer/developper. Carenado has a store, so let's go and buy there. Just Flight has its own store : let's buy at Just Flight... etc.. etc... I don't see, from a customer perspective, the benefit of marketplaces : no real volume discount, no support from them.  Its personal and I can understand other may focus on my marketplace to ease purchase process.

• Like 3

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

JustFlight Piper Arrow is absolutely fantastic. Works in v4 and v5. The Alabeo Seminole is awesome as well. 

Edited by mtr75

I'm partial to Ant's Aeroplanes myself, he has a great collection to choose from, mostly planes he has actual access to.

https://www.antsairplanes.com/

I find his Tecnam Sierra LSA a particuarly fun plane to fly...

Has rain effects, engine wear and maintenance requirements and supports third party GPU units.

Plus has a great on screen manual with 7 tabs of info and actions all easily disaplayable while flying.

Check this vid for a looksee.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

6 hours ago, Klazz said:

Thanks for the tips. 

That's what I'm afraid of. The TBM850 from Carenado is one of the worst aircraft I've flown in a flight sim and I love that plane.

it's not THAT bad. It's not a study level plane but it's great to fly around.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

some more vote for the Justflight Piper Arrows. top notch especially if you like the traditional avionics.

I have only one Just Sim aircraft and it is PA28R Arrow III. I think it was the first in their series of Piper machines. Not particularly impressed especially instrument lighting is under all criticism. Although many complained, it is not updated. Far from the class you get with A2A in my opinion. So one vote for A2A.

/Thomas

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737