Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

X-Plane Realistic V2

Upgraded yesterday, did not care for the initial version, however the new version is excellent, with

whole new interface with more varied and selectable preferences.

• Like 1

Many claim this is the best add-on ever created for X-Plane. It's a must have!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

15 hours ago, DJJose said:

Shame it seems to only be available on the .org store; I and quite a few others won't touch them ever again.

I cant use the xaviation store because it seems their drm doesnt support linux

And the threshold guys are completely crazy.

Someone really needs to set up a cross platform, independent, honest store that only stocks quality payware and allows independent reviews. The current situation is absolutely dire.

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

Shame it seems to only be available on the .org store; I and quite a few others won't touch them ever again.

Out of curiously, why? 

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

Someone really needs to set up a cross platform, independent, honest store that only stocks quality payware and allows independent reviews. The current situation is absolutely dire.

Simmarket perhaps? But that one contains a lot of unchecked bad quality stuff

17 hours ago, DJJose said:

v1 is for me, it really adds a lot of immersion to the sim. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonywob said:

Simmarket perhaps?

At this point for me, direct from developer or I consider it money saved. I was actually looking again at simmarket after I posted above. This is exactly what I meant by dire.

But that one contains a lot of unchecked bad quality stuff

Or

Out of curiously, why? 

Well, never one to shy away from explaining himself, I'll try to answer your curiosity as best I can.

All I want is to experiment with aviation simulation and share what I know and learn.

For me its a long list of reasons. So please excuse the rant. Fundamentally I came to realise its just an unhappy tat store with Versace prices.

Its not even that I expect things to be perfect, 

The org mods are toxic, abusive to new comers, word not allowed, egotistical and as a most recent example reporting a post like this got me a 30 day ban (you guys here have been hard but entirely fair and I respect that)

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/215652-atc-vs-altitude/&do=findComment&comment=1943516

On 5/29/2020 at 1:39 AM, brett s said:

Maybe FSX is a better fit for you.

You can always just not use ATC - in the real world they aren't what most simmers think anyways. You're responsible for your own navigation, ATC's main role is keeping aircraft from conflicting with each other.

The most important thing X-Plane needs - good beta testing and discussion - Their "Beta" forum is a disgrace to software development and Laminar (thank goodness Laminar got a few 3rd party devs into a slack group or XP11.50B would have been even more of a disaster than it has been - thanks in no small part to the .org - found a bug while beta testing - mods don't help and insist they stop beta testing - OMFG)

I've seen perhaps 4 or 5 developers over the last couple of years complain in the general forum that the (or a) store is selling their work without permission, instead of pulling the stolen work or assisting the developer they just ban the developer. - At least Threshold have started following up on this trend recently (but seemingly only when they are paid to).

Then there's endless stuff like this (spoiler contains bad language from an angry customer), which seems to be the norm for everywhere, and I fundamentally agree with the premise (even though I can't comment on the SSG specifically). 

https://www.reddit.com/r/flightsim/comments/dqtb0r/the_state_of_ssg_the_xplane_store/

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

mSparks, I hope you are aware that the .org and its forums are NOT part of Laminar? The help you get there is from users like yourself?

3 hours ago, soaring_penguin said:

mSparks, I hope you are aware that the .org and its forums are NOT part of Laminar? The help you get there is from users like yourself?

One doesn’t get much help from the narcissists over there. You have to dig through posts and beg.