Sign in to follow this  
Wanderkroete

Who is hoping for more current generation airliners?

I've been a X-Plane simmer for quiet some time but TBH lost my motivation a while ago. Mainly because of frustration about the performance and also I found it kind of sad, that there are no really sophisticated modern current generation airliners like a A220, A350, 787.

Ok well, there is the Flight Factor A350. The cockpit looks nice but because of the lack of proper integration of FMC it is not all that usable. I feel that the only really sophisticated models in current sims are 737,777 and A320 which are.. kind of ancient now.

I just like the looks of a "modern" navigational display and cockpit that wasn't developed decades ago. Since the A350 and 787 (and upcoming 777X) are supposed to be the long haul airliners of the near future I wonder why it seems that flight simulators have no real interest in these. For the 777 there are good add-on planes available for current flight sims, so I hope that will be upgraded to more modern avionics of a 777X (which I think is very similar to 787).

Now I'm stoked for the ne MSFS2020 and I'm hoping that will keep developing well into the future and that these types of planes will be available sometimes in the future.

I'd like to know how many simmers would be interested in this or if you're happy with what you've got.

Edited by Wanderkroete
Forgot something

The newer the jet the more effort is required to simulate their sophisticated systems and the less you have data to work with.

Also a lot of times the older planes give flight simmers more stuff to do during the flight since they are less automated.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Don't be surprised that there will be devs who we expect at some point will introduce these aircraft into FS2020. It's just a question of time....

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

My guess:

MSFS will have a huge market share mid to long term. So there will be enough devs battling to provide the best aircraft (to make a lot of money). Thus, the lack of modern longhaul airliners will get addressed in a reasonable time.

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

With the Airbus and lots of general aviation with glass cockpits already in the game, I will have plenty to do, study and fly, so I think the default aircrafts are more than enough to start with. MAYBE someday we will see A350 & A380 being made for it.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

I really hope we get a ‘study-level’ 777x or a 787 or an A350 in the sim. Modern airliners are the pinnacle of modern aviation and I’d love to experience piloting them in the realistic environment that MSFS is promising to offer. 

I would also like to see current generation airliners such as the 787, A350 and 777x in MSFS!

Give it time and they will be developed.

Edited by Pugilist2

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I only fly GA aircraft so the heavy metal doesn't matter to me, BUT given how successful the new MFS is very likely going to be, I'm pretty certain we are going to see a huge number of all manner of aircraft coming out for it.  And given how immensely popular heavy metal is, I'd bet heavily that there will be tons of big heavy modern jets coming out in "short" order.

Edited by Mengy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mengy said:

I only fly GA aircraft so the heavy metal doesn't matter to me

It is the same with me. I have even eliminated them from the selection. Like I have said before, I don't want a job! I want to explore! :laugh:

huey1177.gif

Edited by jpc55
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

As others have said - just give it time after release and the sim settles down. Once the initial big growing pains have been sorted out you will begin to start hearing about 3rd party addons. I have no doubt you will see 777x, 787, A350 , A220 and hopefully others too like the new Irkut MC-21.

19 hours ago, jpc55 said:

It is the same with me. I have even eliminated them from the selection. Like I have said before, I don't want a job! I want to explore! :laugh:

huey1177.gif

Well said! there are, I'm sure, a lot of us here that prefer not to fly by pushing buttons, or by being bus drivers.

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

5 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Well said! there are, I'm sure, a lot of us here that prefer not to fly by pushing buttons, or by being bus drivers.

I love GA! I actually did my first tailwheel flight in a Cub a few weeks ago. Even though I'm a commercially rated pilot (single engine at the moment) there was something completely unique and very special about flying a plane that was designed 82 years ago...with very little need for instrumentation. The carbon Cub in the sim is a little too well appointed in my opinion 😂

Modern transport category airplanes with fly-by-wire controls are definitely at the opposite end of the spectrum from a cub. They are part of aviation, however, and while I certainly don't think I would enjoy simulating hours of cruise with an autopilot doing the fun stuff, some people completely geeked out on it. I don't get the whole ground service simulation either, but hey if that is what gets people engaged in our hobby, no objection here. ...and secretly I have to admit, I am a little intrigued by at least learning the bigger planes, just not sure I'd spend a whole lot of time cruising around on autopilot.

• Like 2

Chris

On 6/23/2020 at 4:11 PM, jpc55 said:

huey1177.gif

I agree on the job side of it. Still to be convinced to go with a VA.

I am a GA/WB/bush flyer but, these recent months, I got intrigued by airliners though, watching YT videos of a couple of real life pilots who show the interesting side of flying them. This is exploring too in a way. A new kind of flying. 

So I am glad that FS20 includes a not too rudimentary 320 and 747 to try. Until now we didn’t have much between the toys which came with FSX and the high-level birds of PMDG, FSL etc. Maybe the Asobo birds will be a good introduction to a new kind of flying if they don’t dumb them down.

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 6/23/2020 at 2:15 PM, Mengy said:

I only fly GA aircraft so the heavy metal doesn't matter to me, BUT given how successful the new MFS is very likely going to be, I'm pretty certain we are going to see a huge number of all manner of aircraft coming out for it.  And given how immensely popular heavy metal is, I'd bet heavily that there will be tons of big heavy modern jets coming out in "short" order.

My first plane to start with in X-Plane was the Flight Factor 777. I never overcame myself to do general aviation because of the miserable graphics. I won't do VFR flying when there are not many visuals that makes you recognize an area. I've heavily modded X-Plane with satellite textures but still it was no fun looking at the landscape from much lower than cruising altitude of an airliner.

To the rest of you guys:

I really like your optimism but still have my doubts. Like a year ago nobody knew MSFS2020 was coming... and while all the alternative sims were hanging around for "decades" still nothing has been developed in a sophisticated way.
Let's hope that the market share will be really good enough that someone bothers to develop these modern planes during the next years, and not only for MS2030.

Edited by Wanderkroete