Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

PREPAR3D V5.0 HOTFIX 2 NOW AVAILABLE

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

so nobody else with MASSIVE ctd issues?

Not here, not even with the initial release or HF1.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Curious if you have AIG OCI traffic installed?

Overall this looks like quite a substantial update, they even changed the sun and the moon size.  Looking forward to hearing first reports and trying it out myself later.

AIG loads way faster now, yes. Perfect!

• Like 1

Just now, OzWhitey said:

. Delete your Prepar3d config file: C:\Users\your user account name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.cfg file

4. Delete your shaders: C:\Users\your user account name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders.

Did the same...but I thought both files got deleted and new ones get installed....

Alex 

1 hour ago, hjsmuc said:

It happens with default vehicles as well, just tried. NVIDIA card.

It doesn't happens to me. So something is triggering it in your simulator.

Can you de-Activate all addons temporarily and try to change vehicles?

Regards,

Simbol 

55 minutes ago, kurtb said:

silver linings on trees not fixed

That's not completely true. Silver lining against landscape and sky is gone, I still notice it with buildings in the background, though.

4 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Nope. Please try this to troubleshoot.

Disable all your addons temporarily. See if the error repeats.

Also be sure to clean all your shaders, prepar3D.cfg and any Nvidia profiles if you use any.

Regards,

Simbol 

well full fresh install, still silver linings on trees, maybe 4k?

6 minutes ago, micstatic said:

v5 ran good the 1st time only and then ctd after..I reinstalled the Client and all good.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

Nope. Please try this to troubleshoot.

Disable all your addons temporarily. See if the error repeats.

Also be sure to clean all your shaders, prepar3D.cfg and any Nvidia profiles if you use any.

Regards,

Simbol 

ok.  reinstalled video card driver.  may be back in business

scratch that.  trouble continues

Edited by micstatic

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

10 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

5. Run your newly downloaded and unzipped Setup_Prepar3D.exe as an administrator. 

A word of caution: When we run Setup_Prepar3D.exe we double click it or run it. It verifies and elevates privileges itself.

If we right-click on it and choose run as admin, that is not recommended, because then it is admin privileges right off the bat and an infected file will install the rootkit or other malware if infected. This goes for any installer unless that installer does not require it or simply has not the full functionality of the recommended application security measures. Just a precaution.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

...also before running the new version, Nvidia owners should Restore/Apply the global and Prepar3D.exe profiles in 3D settings.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

so, reinstall if you installed with admin, ore is there a fix

4 minutes ago, SteveW said:

A word of caution: When we run Setup_Prepar3D.exe we double click it or run it. It verifies and elevates privileges itself.

If we right-click on it and choose run as admin, that is not recommended, because then it is admin privileges right off the bat and an infected file will install the rootkit or other malware if infected. This goes for any installer unless that installer does not require it or simply has not the full functionality of the recommended application security measures. Just a precaution.

You could say this earlier......😋

Alex 

30 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

For those wondering how to install HF2, I did the following (as per Nick from Orbx's instructions for HF1:

1. using the Windows control panel, uninstall the P3D client and when asked if you want to deregister P3D v5, answer No.

2. Then uninstall the content and then the scenery and finally the top P3D v5 entry in the Windows control panel.

3. Delete your Prepar3d config file: C:\Users\your user account name\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Prepar3D.cfg file

4. Delete your shaders: C:\Users\your user account name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders.

5. Run your newly downloaded and unzipped Setup_Prepar3D.exe as an administrator.

This will take about 20-30 minutes, but most of the time you can be doing something else. If you're worried - it's really not very scary at all! I personally did not back up any files during this process.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My findings so far:

• Addons such as FSUIPC working fine.
  • Performance seems great: F-32 at default location at settings, on the ramp frames peaking just above 200 FPS, in flight I'm getting peak frames of over 400 FPS!
  • Overall, very happy with HF2 after about an hour of test-flight time.

Recommendation:

• It's a keeper!

What if (like the word not allowed I am!), I click Yes to deregistering...?!

9 minutes ago, SteveW said:

...also before running the new version, Nvidia owners should Restore/Apply the global and Prepar3D.exe profiles in 3D settings.

Best to leave NVidia 3D settings alone in Prepar3d v5.

Also, whilst there may be a tiny, theoretical risk of malware problems with using "install as administrator" with the P3D installer, this has been standard practice for years with FSX and P3D, and I would definitely still recommend that people install this way. In fact, I've never heard an argument against doing this and it's been SOP since FSX at least.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."