Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

PREPAR3D V5.0 HOTFIX 2 NOW AVAILABLE

15 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

Beat me to it.   

Location? 

Drzweicki's KSEA. But it happens everywhere.

44 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Really enjoying my HF2 VR flights so far. Solid as a rock, no hint of CTDs so far with a good few hours of flight time. You need a stable system, good hardware, care with sliders and - most importantly - very judicious use of addons. If it's crashing, disable every addon plsu EA (which is beta), and work up from there. I find that Simstarter is great for allowing an easy "bare bones" boot, well worth trying if you haven't.

One of the biggest improvements: interaction of clouds/fog layers with mountainous terrain when using EA (which you absolutely should do if your machine can handle it). In HF1, very jagged edges were apparent, which ruined the effects somewhat. Now looking great over the mountains on a flight out of LEAS:

LqEDXSg.jpg

le5gwtf.jpg

Looking good, but what about low cloud layers? I seem to still get flickering and pixelation where the clouds meet the mountains... And I have to agree about being careful with add-ons, the times of merely updating the installer and slapping on a "V5 Compatible" badge are over for the devs, it seems... 😉

Edited by tymk

3 minutes ago, kurtb said:

everywhere huh

Every add-on airport. It's a bug with P3D that's been around for years. 

4 hours ago, Chapstick said:

This is just sad. When will this sim get good?

vl5x6KO.png

Beta EA!

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

18 hours ago, mpo910 said:

Me too seeing this on some airports. Also KLAX...

confirm that i had this at flytampa KTPA also. interestingly there are also a few sporadic small objects in the tampa area that suffer the same darkness

the good news though is that this is the only problem that i have encountered. flew a few flights with maddog and it looks great and is amazingly smooth with great frame rates

overall, very very happy. i am sure someone will figure out the dark objects

Edited by av8r13

David Myers

If you want to use "ReShade", download "Version 4.7.0", works fine for me!

i7-10700k 5,1 GHz - 18 GB RAM - ASUS 1080Ti  - Dell G-Sync Monitor

I can't seem to find the link but RobA posted a video a year ago that dealt with that issue.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

4 hours ago, vgbaron said:

I can't seem to find the link but RobA posted a video a year ago that dealt with that issue.

Vic

It's not the same issue (i.e. the "black texture issue"), though. The textures are loading, but they show through the volumetric fog. This applies to some specific objects/models only, so I guess those objects simply aren't fully v5-compatible. Nevertheless, they displayed fine in previous versions, up to and including HF1. This has been reported in the LM forums, but so far there's been no response from the team.

Edited by tymk

4 hours ago, holliwutt said:

If you want to use "ReShade", download "Version 4.7.0", works fine for me!

I think at this point of P3D v5's life cycle and given the changes to the display engine, modifying the shaders is a high-risk activity. No problem with high-risk activities - that's what test pilots are here for 🙂 - but if you modify the shaders and your sim crashes or looks odd, please do not complain about Prepar3d v5! I note the other recent thread where the AI lights program was causing crashes with HF2 due to shader mods - so this is definitely a potential cause of instability.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

OMG ! One of my both crapped a lot of time behind the rear wheel of my car... in my garage, when I'm late 😃

Edited by supersym
  • Upvote 1

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

I split off the lengthy discussion of decreasing frame rates into it;s own thread - let's keep this one into general comments on HF2 rather than focusing on one point.

Thanx,

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I noticed a performance increase over the HF1 of about 15-20 FPS. With HF2, The P3D V5 is no longer torturing my GPU like HF1 did, which caused several OOM problems even on minimum settings.

Edited by edu2703

I am having a great deal more success with HF2 compared to the earlier versions.  I completely uninstalled everything related to v5 (program and addons) and started over clean with HF2.  Thus far, several scenarios and addons that for me would have crashed under HF1 have been fine in this latest version (so far - knock on wood), and the performance overall is noticeably improved over HF1 and earlier. An encouraging step in the right direction.

I am slowly installing addons and testing them methodically; so far, the only CTD I have experienced with HF2 is when I tried the Realair Turbine Duke (which of course is not - and almost certainly never will be - updated for use with v5). Sadly, I may have to retire that wonderful bird, which is a shame as there is really no other turboprop replacement currently officially compatible with v5.

Cautiously optimistic as I introduce more addons...  I am not using Enhanced Atmospherics right now, as I find the lighting much too dark in daytime overcast conditions, the tech just isn't yet effective in representing varied cloud types and the cloud-to-ground interactions are still off-putting (although improved). I think I am going to avoid EA for now until it is further advanced or out of beta.

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5