Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

New NVIDIA 451.48 - GPU Hardware Scheduler is out

So I tried the new driver 452.06. With my 1080ti with 4k. And  I am having The same issue with the sim choppy.

well in my cockpit of the qw787 is smooth 

I look oi the window it’s  slight slideshow 

fps is high.

i have been using nividia  inspector external limiter set at 30.5 which is working butter smooth with driver 446.14

all drivers after that till current.

its been a mess.

I don’t get it I can’t get past 446.14

Has something changed in the drivers?

thanks

mike

3 hours ago, mikeymike said:

So I tried the new driver 452.06. With my 1080ti with 4k. And  I am having The same issue with the sim choppy.

well in my cockpit of the qw787 is smooth 

I look oi the window it’s  slight slideshow 

fps is high.

i have been using nividia  inspector external limiter set at 30.5 which is working butter smooth with driver 446.14

all drivers after that till current.

its been a mess.

I don’t get it I can’t get past 446.14

Has something changed in the drivers?

thanks

mike

what is the refresh rate of your monitor? 

If it is 60hz, go to NVI just change the following 2 things: Vsync at 1/2 refresh rate and change the power management to maximum performance. bring the limiter to default value.

Go to your p3d graphic settings and change it to unlimited frame rate limiter.

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

i don't think you need to do the max perf power management anymore.  You can read up on it.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

what is the refresh rate of your monitor? 

If it is 60hz, go to NVI just change the following 2 things: Vsync at 1/2 refresh rate and change the power management to maximum performance. bring the limiter to default value.

Go to your p3d graphic settings and change it to unlimited frame rate limiter.

It’s a 60hz 4k 50inch lg 

ncp all default 

just nvidia inspector was set to 30.5 as always before.

p3d is set to vsync on triple buffer  on

and unlimited fps 

thanks

mike

5 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

It’s a 60hz 4k 50inch lg 

ncp all default 

just nvidia inspector was set to 30.5 as always before.

p3d is set to vsync on triple buffer  on

and unlimited fps 

thanks

mike

with the new drivers (After 446.14) there were some changes that maybe old settings will not work properly anymore. 

Now, if you set Vsync and TB ON inside the sim it will match your screen refresh rate (60hz), therefore you are not doing anything. Change those setting to OFF and let NVI control your FPS by setting your Vsync at 1/2 refresh rate (60hz TV refresh rate divided by 2 is 30FPS)

Try this setting and let me know.

You need to run your P3D at full screen (press ALT+ENTER to switch between fullscreen and window screen).

Edited by ttbq1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

3 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

with the new drivers (After 446.14) there were some changes that maybe old settings will not work properly anymore. 

Now, if you set Vsync and TB ON inside the sim it will match your screen refresh rate (60hz), therefore you are not doing anything. Change those setting to OFF and let NVI control your FPS by setting your Vsync at 1/2 refresh rate (60hz TV refresh rate divided by 2 is 30FPS)

Thank you! I was unaware of the changes.

word not allowed nvidia lol

will give   this  shot after work and report 

back.

thanks

mik

2 hours ago, georgio1952 said:

got 452.06

Did you change any settings?
that is of course you use ncp or  Nvidia inspector 

mike

Edited by mikeymike

Also reading on the recent new sim forums

people are having issues with new drivers and reverting back to older versions.

on their system.

mike 

I’m not having issues with the newest Nvidia. Just did a flight in v5. Pretty much same as last. Smooth and no deviation from my locked 30

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, micstatic said:

I’m not having issues with the newest Nvidia. Just did a flight in v5. Pretty much same as last. Smooth and no deviation from my locked 30

How are you setting it up?

ncp? 

thanks 

mike

Vsync on in sim with unlimited. In ncp I go stock P3d profile. Then go to resolution tab and change refresh rate to 30. 

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

Vsync on in sim with unlimited. In ncp I go stock P3d profile. Then go to resolution tab and change refresh rate to 30. 

Will try also

10 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

You need to run your P3D at full screen (press ALT+ENTER to switch between fullscreen and window screen).

Wow!! Can’t thank you enough 

it’s working very well for me now 

butter smooth.

cheers 🍻 

mike

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ttbq1 said:

with the new drivers (After 446.14) 

let NVI control your FPS by setting your Vsync at 1/2 refresh rate (60hz TV refresh rate divided by 2 is 30FPS)

Does half refresh work in P3D now; would be good to know.  I thought this did not work with NVI control panel.

Simon