Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

July 16th, 2020 - Development/Insider Update

11 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Dom, something that seems to have been overlooked is that there will be no "HF and update P3D sad carnaval" (sic) with this platform!

It will be a fairly simple matter to automatically "push fixes," when required, even daily if necessary. 😉

A small devil on my shoulder tells me you could be very well right 😅.

Sorry for the mispelling btw carnaval in French, carnival in English... 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Larry I'm talking about simple fixes, such as a report that there is a broken taxiway link at XXXX airport. Such a fix would be very small and hardly more than a quick blink...

I suspect that should any really large update be required, it could be scheduled and executed by the simmer at his/her convenience.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

16 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Dom, something that seems to have been overlooked is that there will be no "HF and update P3D sad carnaval" (sic) with this platform!

It will be a fairly simple matter to automatically "push fixes," when required, even daily if necessary. 😉

Except like with Steam, constant updates can "break" 3rd party add-ons even more frequently than in P3d.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Larry I'm talking about simple fixes, such as a report that there is a broken taxiway link at XXXX airport. Such a fix would be very small and hardly more than a quick blink...

If they fix a broken taxi link, the next time you're at that airport the fix will be automatically streamed along with other airport data.  Unless you're flying offline, of course.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

4 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Except like with Steam, constant updates can "break" 3rd party add-ons even more frequently than in P3d.

Welcome to Hell.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

7 hours ago, LHookins said:

You find out there's a multi-hour download between the time you launch the sim and the time you can start your flight.  You cannot continue without the update.

Hopefully they'll notify us so we can do the update when we're not trying to fly.

For this reason I just leave Steam running on my PC so it can install the updates overnight, not when I'm trying to open a game.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2020 at 10:59 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

Well, you either sit still or move forward. That's the price we have to pay to have a sim that's going to be continually developed.

On 7/18/2020 at 9:07 PM, bonchie said:

Everyone needs to think long term. I wish I could say exactly what I do and don't like about the new MSFS, but the NDA and all. Best I can say is for people to keep perspective. How good was XP11 when it first released? It was full of bugs, lack of features, and performance issues. How about FSX/P3D? Both saw extended periods where the base simulators had many issues and you could argue P3D is still not where you'd want a simulator released 10 years ago to be, much less in 2020.

I'm not saying MSFS' release is going to be as bad as XP11 or FSX or P3D until it got to V4. Please don't read too much into my words. I really like the alpha (well, now "beta preview). I'm just saying to be realistic with your expectations and think long term. It may not be the simulator you want to use full time on day one. So what? As long as 3rd parties get on board and MSFS keeps polishing the product like they said they would, MSFS is the future. There's no doubt in my mind.

I agree bonchie, as an Alpha tester myself there are some areas of the new sim that need improving, needless to say long term the future realism of simming has never looked brighter, Yes MSFS has still a fair way to go before nearly everyone will be happy with it, yes it has many faults but as it matures nothing will come anywhere near it, unless LM and LR have something up their sleeve.

I'm still planning on using the other sims, I just have to resist the urge to buy anymore addons for the older sims when the inevitable major price reductions come, because in the longer term MSFS will be my only sim.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.