Sign in to follow this  
CallsignDE

Leaked Videos

1 minute ago, MatthewS said:

I think one of the official videos showed occlusion of sound due to terrain, so maybe you'll hear that aircraft at FL350 if it's quiet on the ground, no wind etc etc?

because then you could plane spot lol

2 minutes ago, stewie007 said:

because then you could plane spot lol

With real world aircraft as AI it will be nice plane spot at an airport 🛫🛬🔭, hopefully they don't just disappear once they have landed but taxi all the way to a gate (even if the gate doesn't match the real world gate).

• Like 1

Matthew S

Hello,

I have seen that many new images are pasted as links in here. As I am currently working with WinINet C++, I have upload here a little programm I developed that downloads all images in one step. You just have to provide an img.txt file that contains all the links. Then launch ForAvsim.exe. 

Here is the link to my file:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jmotPPDyLmjLNcrsUf7hQY0nSN3ytbys

Images included on how it works.

And here is the final directory that includes the images:

Step-4-All-images-have-been-saved-in-the

I am a beginner at programming, using at own risk, if you insert the links well and use Windows 7 it will likely work.

Edited by BigDee
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, BigDee said:

I have seen that many new images are pasted as links in here. As I am currently working with WinINet C++, I have upload here a little programm I developed that downloads all images in one step. You just have to provide an img.txt file that contains all the links. Then launch ForAvsim.exe.

Nice... I'm using the "DownloadThemAll" extension for Firefox, it can also download links, it scraps the webpage and lets you choose the links to download, very easy.

Matthew S

1 hour ago, MatthewS said:

With real world aircraft as AI it will be nice plane spot at an airport 🛫🛬🔭, hopefully they don't just disappear once they have landed but taxi all the way to a gate (even if the gate doesn't match the real world gate).

nope. when they land, the syste mwhich tracks them turns off. so real life traffic is word not allowed as it is in xplane.

42 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

I think this video is new, that is new to me.

It's old.  Maybe a month or more.

Matthew S

1 minute ago, stewie007 said:

nope. when they land, the syste mwhich tracks them turns off. so real life traffic is word not allowed as it is in xplane

I'm sure one of the official videos showed AI aircraft on taxiways... maybe they disappeared shortly after entering the taxiway... I guess the Asobo's data provider can't track them all the way to the gate... a shame.

Matthew S

41 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

I'm sure one of the official videos showed AI aircraft on taxiways... maybe they disappeared shortly after entering the taxiway... I guess the Asobo's data provider can't track them all the way to the gate... a shame.

Surely the sim has been programmed to simulate the final 10 minutes of a flight as it is dropped by FlightAware and taxis to the gate, no?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MatthewS said:

If Asobo are making trees 2x average size (eg conifers) and thus look ridiculous, just to make the scene seem more "dense" then they have truly "jumped the shark". 🦈

I dont think they made the trees '2x large' intentionally for density.. But since the same trees are in all the pre-alpha footage and trailers, density may make the decision to make the trees smaller more difficult..  

A scaling setting would be nice so 'big tree'ers' can happily exist with the rest of us that didnt even notice.

• Like 3

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

34 minutes ago, WingsOverTX said:

Surely the sim has been programmed to simulate the final 10 minutes of a flight as it is dropped by FlightAware and taxis to the gate, no?

I would have thought so... but IDK.

18 minutes ago, Wewk584 said:

A scaling setting would be nice so 'big tree'ers' can happily exist with the rest of us that didnt even notice.

How could you not notice?  When you get the game, park next to conifer (for example) that's next to a multi storey building (for scale) and see if it looks real.

• Upvote 2

Matthew S

33 minutes ago, WingsOverTX said:

Actually. the more I think about this, the more I am convinced the data from Flight Aware has to be approximate, and therefore just used to populate a list of flights and their approximate location and flight plan.  The sim will have to make up the rest.  There are just too many variables, like in game vs. real world ATC.  FS is probably programmed with parameters that decide which runways to use based on wind, but real word is likely to be different, not to mention large airports with multiple runways in use at one time.  The sim is going to have to take the basic information and turn it into something that sort of resembles real world.  I'm thinking AA1234 will exist in both the sim and real world, arrive and depart roughly around the same time, and potentially follow similar flight paths, but I don't see the sim representing a 1 to 1 depiction. 

11 hours ago, daan_vb said:

Wish we knew the pc specs of these images. Some look phenomenal and others look like FSX! Hard to tell if it’s just the image quality though

Intel Xeon E3-1230V3, 16GB ram, GTX1070

Everything on ultra. GPU was on 99%, CPU on ~30% load if I remember correctly.

9 hours ago, stewie007 said:

nope. when they land, the syste mwhich tracks them turns off. so real life traffic is word not allowed as it is in xplane.

What I understood is that live traffic when landing, the regular AI engine takes over, taxi's to the gate and the aircraft even gets ground service while parked. That would be really great.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

7 hours ago, WingsOverTX said:

Actually. the more I think about this, the more I am convinced the data from Flight Aware has to be approximate, and therefore just used to populate a list of flights and their approximate location and flight plan.  The sim will have to make up the rest.  There are just too many variables, like in game vs. real world ATC.  FS is probably programmed with parameters that decide which runways to use based on wind, but real word is likely to be different, not to mention large airports with multiple runways in use at one time.  The sim is going to have to take the basic information and turn it into something that sort of resembles real world.  I'm thinking AA1234 will exist in both the sim and real world, arrive and depart roughly around the same time, and potentially follow similar flight paths, but I don't see the sim representing a 1 to 1 depiction. 

I think there was some mentioning about this in their discovery series. I do not have the time atm to double check but I think they confirmed that the AI will take over when the FlightAware data is stopped (due to connection issue or due to planes turning of their signals after landing). We will see.