Sign in to follow this  
CallsignDE

Leaked Videos

5 minutes ago, walloppy said:

Ever since first footage of MFS was released I can't help look at P3D and x-plane the same way as FS98 or FS2000 when I fly in P3D or x-plane with loads of add-on scenery. It just look so outdated. The flat lifeless scenery, the ugly trees, the unrealistic shading, the whole atmosphere. It just looks and feels like what I have always associated with flight simulators since early 2000s when I got FS2002. MFS just feel like it's on a completely different level.  Maybe in 10-15 years we'll view MFS in the same outdated way.

This basically sums up why I cant get myself to use my old sims. Just looks flat, uninteresting and boring. 

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

25 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

This basically sums up why I cant get myself to use my old sims. Just looks flat, uninteresting and boring. 

not at all; build a home cockpit it can be done with very little money picking up hardware here and there; even without flashing scenery it bring a completely new dimension along with the fun to build one; either with new sim or existing sims.

Edited by arsenal82
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, arsenal82 said:

not at all; build a home cockpit it can be done with very little money picking up hardware here and there; even without flashing scenery it bring a completely new dimension along with the fun to build one; either with new sim or existing sims.

Know any good websites?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

2 hours ago, Carlosx said:

The dense coverage is one of the things that defines the new FS.

If Asobo are making trees 2x average size (eg conifers) and thus look ridiculous, just to make the scene seem more "dense" then they have truly "jumped the shark". 🦈

Matthew S

3 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Personally I'm so glad that we're done with those stupid cardboard cutout trees that I'm finding it really hard to complain about anything regarding the new trees. It would be great to see the scaling improved at some point, but what we have now is a huge improvement from before, and I'm not sure if it would be worth making the effort to improve them further when supposedly there are more pressing matters to attend to.

I agree.  Those cardboard cutout trees are the worst!  The cardboard cutout trees reduce the immersion for me immensely.  I don't know why XPlane and P3D aren't able to do 3D trees like MSFS 2020.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, arsenal82 said:

Oh belive me, I've thought about it, but my husband would never let me do it 😄 And besides, I think you might have undercommunicated the costs of making a home cockpit. I do have several peripherals, an ultra widescreen and a really good pc, and it all costs. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 hour ago, walloppy said:

Ever since first footage of MFS was released I can't help look at P3D and x-plane the same way as FS98 or FS2000 when I fly in P3D or x-plane with loads of add-on scenery. It just look so outdated.

Yep, I can't enjoy P3D anymore, MFS has me too excited for the next generation of sims.  I just built my new Ryzen PC this weekend and I'm not sure I'm even going to install P3D.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I don't know why XPlane and P3D aren't able to do 3D trees like MSFS 2020.

Well, that design choice was made because the developer of X-Plane, Austin Meyer, grew up in the Sahara desert and has never seen a real tree in his life - only on pictures! But when he took drama lessons in school, he saw that the trees on stage were made out of two plywood panes...so he went with that.

Later on the developers of P3D secretly flew a lot on X-Plane to figure out how to improve on their FSX base. They accidentially copied the "two pane" trees - kinda like a kid in school copying a wrong answer during a test and then getting busted for it by the teacher.

Now some people believe that the trees were made that way to reduce rendering load and to help sustain good framerate for people, but really, who would believe such folly? It just happened exactly the way I told you.

You are welcome.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Wedding yacht returns!

Might be a good idea to end all this trouble with the leaks. Closed Beta should be really close, if not identical to the RTM build.

Just spotted a screenshot from our own @ryanbatcund so it's pretty much confirmed, sadly it's someone else leaking all of these.

lol definitely not me spreading those....  maybe I'm banned I haven't even tried to play in a few days.  Can you send me the url where you saw it?

edit oh I found it a few pages back.... yea that's my username lol

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yes, but P3D "Speedtrees" are framerate killers so I don't think many people have them enabled. Also not sure any of the default scenery included them, at least in V4.4 anyway. And they weren't in ORBX or GE products either.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

1 minute ago, ckyliu said:

Yes, but they're framerate killers so I don't think many people have them enabled. Also not sure any of the default area scenery included them, at least in V4 anyway. And they weren't in ORBX or GE products either.

Yeah mine in v4 are disabled...they look horrible imo.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

15 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

lol definitely not me spreading those....  maybe I'm banned I haven't even tried to play in a few days.  Can you send me the url where you saw it?

edit oh I found it a few pages back.... yea that's my username lol

Found screenshots by @simtom and @Tuskin38 as well. You all should really report this to the team to ensure that you are not punished for no reason. Perhaps it might be a good idea to completely take down the screenshot/video thread or section.

28 minutes ago, Janov said:

Well, that design choice was made because the developer of X-Plane, Austin Meyer, grew up in the Sahara desert and has never seen a real tree in his life - only on pictures! But when he took drama lessons in school, he saw that the trees on stage were made out of two plywood panes...so he went with that.

Later on the developers of P3D secretly flew a lot on X-Plane to figure out how to improve on their FSX base. They accidentially copied the "two pane" trees - kinda like a kid in school copying a wrong answer during a test and then getting busted for it by the teacher.

Now some people believe that the trees were made that way to reduce rendering load and to help sustain good framerate for people, but really, who would believe such folly? It just happened exactly the way I told you.

You are welcome.

No doubt they used those cardboard trees to improve frame rate.  But ASOBO has managed to give good FPS with 3D trees in MSFS 2020.  So one can assume the engine for X-Plane and P3D cannot efficiently draw 3D trees without severely compromising the FPS.  

It's unfortunate that X-Plane and P3D didn't prioritize fixing the trees.  Oh well, we now have MSFS 2020 so the problem of trees is fixed!

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM