Sign in to follow this  
captain420

How Austin Meyers responds to MSFS2020

58 minutes ago, Murmur said:

If you weren't blinded by your grudge towards LR and Austin, you would know that weather, clouds and world modeling (scenery) are exactly the features that have been announced to be improved in XP12.

Too little...too late. And when is that "so called" XP12 release date??? Did you say Aug 18th, 2024? Sweet dreams while you wait on that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

After seeing this video in 2017, I knew that XP was not going much further....and Austin's arrogant comments (at the 8:20 mark) seemed more like he was "defending" XP disguised as some unique approach / philosophy....with nothing substantial on the horizon. Yeah...he doesn't spend $$$ in market research....and it shows.

I was at that convention. This presentation was just as boring now as it was then... IMNSHO of course.

• Like 3

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

4 minutes ago, FlyBaby said:

Too little...too late. And when is that "so called" XP12 release date??? Did you say Aug 18th, 2024? Sweet dreams while you wait on that.

The switch to Vulkan was the last big feature for XP11, so XP12 is likely next year or so.

Again, things you would know weren't you blinded by your grudge.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

"Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people".

7 hours ago, LHookins said:

Current MSFS is CONFIRMED to have a new weather engine (and weather rendering) and new scenery. 😄 

Available August 18.

Hook

And its been tested and ready to go.

Will XP survive? - Of course.  But like all other versions that I installed it will be deleted from my computer within hours.

Regards

bs

Edited by bean_sprout
  • Like 3

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

12 hours ago, VBHB said:

Of course he'll be abrasive because his market share is about to go pop.

He'd better partner up with Google Earth...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I think the video is pretty interesting having listened to the full interview. Find it funny that they were getting tech support questions about the Zibo mod.

The long and short of it is X-Plane isn't going to be going anywhere any time soon. Even if the consumer market folds and it drops drastically with users going over to the MSFS, they still have the commercial professional market that will keep the product alive.

It will be interesting to see what the next version of X-Plane brings to the table. I doubt anything they can do can compete graphically with Microsoft, still he mentions having improvements ready for the flight model already developed that haven't been released yet. So improved flight model, better autogen and also and highly improved weather engine and hopefully better clouds!!!!!! should be enough to please the X-Plane market.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

listen, it is undeniable that the xplane team made the simulation well evolved, the idea of a flight model gained ground and others from which msfs was inspired.
Certainly the path is turning with fs2020, but I hope that the latter does not kill the competition and lets live the creators who have done a tremendous job for more than 10 years to keep the simulation at a good level. comparing software that is more than ten years old with that which was inspired by all the others with a much more efficient technology (x100) is not intellectually honest.

Flying p3d but always finding  Xplane nice  too.

Seeing soon the « Reality« out the box of fs2020 by real constumers outside the very agressive marketing in place now.

See you soon on Avsim for real comparaison of Aircrafts between the sims... 

Hope that fs2020 is a well done challenger and not a Market killer.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Joyal said:

@mtaxp So, how much do you get paid? 

Now on x-plane, but im looking forward to work with the best of paid trolls factory, would you mind to spread the word out there in microsoft?

Edited by mtaxp

Wait, when did this thread get moved from the MSFS forum to the XPlane forum?

Note to that part of the XPlane community that doesn't go into another community's  forum to bash their sim:

Sorry if I have come across as a rude XPlane basher.  I'm only bashing the rude MSFS bashers.  I hope for all the best for XPlane and the civilized part of their community going forward into the future.

If you have been tempted to delete XPlane because of MSFS... don't.  Same with P3D.  Consider it an additional sim, not a replacement sim.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

4 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Wait, when did this thread get moved from the MSFS forum to the XPlane forum?

Note to that part of the XPlane community that doesn't go into another community's  forum to bash their sim:

Sorry if I have come across as a rude XPlane basher.  I'm only bashing the rude MSFS bashers.  I hope for all the best for XPlane and the civilized part of their community going forward into the future.

If you have been tempted to delete XPlane because of MSFS... don't.  Same with P3D.  Consider it an additional sim, not a replacement sim.

Hook

Can you quote what was rude? 

7 hours ago, mtaxp said:

confirmed for x-plane after Vulkan, too

You are saying things like a new weather engine and new lighting engine are confirmed. I'm not so sure they are and have never seen it officially confirmed that it will be in XP12, it's just rumoured to be. Austin frequently says a lot of things will eventually come to X-Plane, but until it's posted up there in writing and an official roadmap, it still remains a rumour. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

Can you quote what was rude? 

I'd respond with a rude comment but it would be against Avsim TOS. 🙂 

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

16 minutes ago, tonywob said:

You are saying things like a new weather engine and new lighting engine are confirmed. I'm not so sure they are and have never seen it officially confirmed that it will be in XP12, it's just rumoured to be. Austin frequently says a lot of things will eventually come to X-Plane, but until it's posted up there in writing and an official roadmap, it still remains a rumour. 

https://fselite.net/tag/ben-supnik/

Starts from 22:30.

"The very next thing on the to do list" for x-plane after Vulkan is the reconstruction of the abillity to draw 3d in Vulkan, this is meant for lightning and weather rendering, as ben describes in the next 5 mins or so. 

"Next generation x-plane" as austin wrote on his last update.

• Upvote 2