Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

RW A320 pilot: KatiePilot stream

These sound effects every time there is a new subscriber or someone donates something are really cringeworthy and annoying

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I have hidden sexist comments. That is completely out of line, do not make such comments, we do not tolerate that at Avsim!

• Like 13
  • Upvote 4

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

I know it seems a little odd there are tons of streamers.... buuuut you have to think what is a great way to draw in an entire new young generation.....  Microsoft marketing is likely working.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Only that really bugs me is how long it takes to launch a flight - like watching paint dry 😞 

• Like 1

Rich Sennett

3 hours ago, AllRed said:

Had to give up after 20 seconds, it was too painful to listen to.. "ummm.. ahh.. liiiike.. uhmm".

I'm in the wrong profession if she can make a good living from streaming games/sims.😂

Agreed.  I lasted about three minutes.

• Like 1

Jeff Callender

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

it's a great simulator for GA aircraft.

That’s probably the best description of MSFS on its current state.

It has a lot of potential, just hope is not all delegated on third parties. 

2 hours ago, cepact said:

These sound effects every time there is a new subscriber or someone donates something are really cringeworthy and annoying

Drives me nuts. Chewwies channel is 90% sub dings and «heeey welcome thank you for the 25 subs and 1000 bits», and 10% flying and a consistent train of thought. Im too old for that word not allowed. 

• Like 6

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

3 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

In a nutshell, she isn't happy with the A320, but she does like the GA aircraft and thinks it's a great simulator for GA aircraft.

The guy at AeronewsGermany,  also a A320 FO, said that he feels like the people who programmed the aircraft seemed to be very knowledgeable about small aircraft and VFR flying but obviously had no clue about IFR and airliners.

Edited by Farlis

14 minutes ago, Farlis said:

The guy at AeronewsGermany,  also a A320 FO, said that he feels like the people who programmed the aircraft seemed to be very knowledgeable about small aircraft and VFR flying but obviously had no clue about IFR and airliners.

But isn't that expected? Although the cockpits looks FAR better then previous flight simulator platforms by a considerable amount. 

10 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

But isn't that expected? Although the cockpits looks FAR better then previous flight simulator platforms by a considerable amount. 

Yes, he basically also said, that this was totally within his expectations.

Airliners end up in the base sims, because so many people have a connection with them as passengers. But to model their flight characteristics and systems adequatly, I believe the base sim team has always been the wrong crowd.

They simply don't have that amount of time and get sidetracked by other stuff.

5 hours ago, AllRed said:

Had to give up after 20 seconds, it was too painful to listen to.. "ummm.. ahh.. liiiike.. uhmm".

What made me laugh was when I clicked on the link to watch it, it had a pop up message which said 'the user has indicated their broadcast has mature content', thereafter I was faced with someone vocabulary of goldfish. Mature? yeah, you could have fooled me. 🤣

That's the trouble with all this connectivity and video malarkey, everyone thinks they can be a presenter, when clearly that's not true. It's a skill.

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I would fully expect a real A320 pilot to not be happy with the watered down presentation in MSFS. But it was never going to be study level and with the AP issues fixed, it can at least do general IFR in a fairly satisfying way.

• Like 5

Don't be cruel ! Not every  pilot accustomed to flight sims. She seems like started her approach nicely stabilized and then got behind airplane. She obviously unfamiliar with sim stick sensitivity and feedback, so she pitched aggressively! But hey I'm the guy who get experienced similar stuff from the right sit in real life LOL

Then I wonder why Asobo never lifted our DNA and let us to showcase nice sim landing! I've been simming for over 30 years way before I got my first private ticket. But then I should admit I'm not that cure like Airbus FO LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

6 minutes ago, Chock said:

That's the trouble with all this connectivity and video malarkey, everyone thinks they can be a presenter, when clearly that's not true. It's a skill.

Eventually, the  somewhat democratic nature of the internet will weed out the chaff and select for presenters who actually have something of substance to say. Everybody and their monkey is presently doing videos about MSFS, so just be patient.

2 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Eventually, the  somewhat democratic nature of the internet will weed out the chaff and select for presenters who actually have something of substance to say. Everybody and their monkey is presently doing videos about MSFS, so just be patient.

Yeah, I know; it's definitely more chaff than wheat right now.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here