Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

How is everyone's performance and FPS so far?

Here is the video. I switched off Vsync so you can see the real frame rate the PC is capable to deliver.

https://vimeo.com/449421020

On my screen it is very smooth. What you see in the video probably comes from different frame rates. The video is made at 30 fps and the sim is running at something between 30 and 40.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Running @ 3840 x 1920, and the gfx preset just before "Ultra", I get 40 to 45 fps (a bit lower with large planes), and some occasional stuttering.

Edited by Crrispy

5 minutes ago, kaha said:

Here is the video. I switched off Vsync so you can see the real frame rate the PC is capable to deliver.

https://vimeo.com/449421020

On my screen it is very smooth. What you see in the video probably comes from different frame rates. The video is made at 30 fps and the sim is running at something between 30 and 40.

Karl

Thank you for that!  So after takeoff, you panned inside cockpit from side to side - it had some slight jerkiness to it.  You aren't seeing that?  I'm impressed at 4k that is insanely smooth!  You are making it harder for me to pick a monitor set up now.

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

2 minutes ago, zihmer001 said:

Thank you for that!  So after takeoff, you panned inside cockpit from side to side - it had some slight jerkiness to it.  You aren't seeing that?  I'm impressed at 4k that is insanely smooth!  You are making it harder for me to pick a monitor set up now.

What time in the video?

Karl

1 minute ago, kaha said:

What time in the video?

Karl

1:10 through 1:18, notice it more looking out the starboard side.

i7-10700k (OC at 5.05MHz) | EVGA 3090 FTW3 (24GB) | G.Skill RipJaws V Series 32GB RAM (Effective 3200MHz) | 1TB SSD M2 (Samsung EVO) | Corsair 850W Gold P/S | MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi | Logitech Yoke and Throttle Quad | Logitech Saitek Rudders | Logitech Switch Panel | Thrustmaster T.Flight 4 HOTAS | HyperX Cloud Flight S Headset | 43” LG 43UN700B 4k monitor | HP Reverb G2 (VR)

Selling EVGA 2080 Super Ultra XC (8GB) - used for 3.5 months - PM me for info if interested!

My uncle taught me "how to fly" on MSFS95, got MSFS98 for a birthday, and I have been hooked ever since

What fixed my stutter and smoothness problem was enabling Hyper Threading on my old i7 6700k. Since it's overclocked it runs a bit hot now, but if it dies it dies. 

There are still occasionally fps hiccups, but are not as severe as they were before and the sim is pretty much smooth. I hope this helps anyone.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

10 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

https://www.computerbase.de/2020-08/flight-simulator-benchmark-test/?amp=1

It's not us, and there is nothing we can fix. Frametimes (stutters) are horrendous, and at 1080p, the GPU is useless.

I do get stutters around heavy scenery load or heavy Ai load areas, but other areas are fairly smooth. I don’t know if hags or gsync is a real help, but I’m certainly not seeing what you are, even at 3440x1440 on high / ultra settings.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

12 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

https://www.computerbase.de/2020-08/flight-simulator-benchmark-test/?amp=1

It's not us, and there is nothing we can fix. Frametimes (stutters) are horrendous, and at 1080p, the GPU is useless.

Forget 'us' - why do you keep telling other people what their performance is? You've done it several times - are you OK?

The vast majority of opinion in this thread is that performance is really good - why do you keep rambling on?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, 2reds2whites said:

Forget 'us' - why do you keep telling other people what their performance is? You've done it several times - are you OK?

The vast majority of opinion in this thread is that performance is really good - why do you keep rambling on?

Performance is great in a Cessna in Iowa, and it's all downhill from there.

-

Currently giving X-Plane 12.10 a spin on Shadow PC. 10 years with X-Plane now, since 10.20

It's hilarious whats brought up here as desperate fixes... RAM, Hyperthreading, rolling cache... when it's just Asobo who dropped the ball. 

-

Currently giving X-Plane 12.10 a spin on Shadow PC. 10 years with X-Plane now, since 10.20

15 minutes ago, Colonel X said:
Just now, Colonel X said:

Thats not what many people are reporting.   

You seem to be on a very serious mission to convince people your experience is the only valid one.    

Its kinda weird.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colonel X said:

No - performance is downhill from there for you.

You are posting in a thread about performance where the vast majority of feedback on the performance is positive - which is especially pertinent given that people tend to complain when they are dissatisfied but don't say anything when they are pleased/content. There have already been a few third party induced issues (simconnect etc) that have already remedied a few people's problems.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Colonel X said:

It's hilarious whats brought up here as desperate fixes... RAM, Hyperthreading, rolling cache... when it's just Asobo who dropped the ball. 

If there are no fixes, performance is crud, and there's nothing anyone can do about jt...     what exactly are you hoping to accomplish? 

17 minutes ago, zihmer001 said:

1:10 through 1:18, notice it more looking out the starboard side.

It's difficult to show it in a video. Take a look at that one:

https://vimeo.com/449436024

I stripped down the settings a bit so the sim does solid 60+ and locked it to 60 with Vsync on. Doing the pan in the sim I do not see a single stutter or any jerkyness. When I switch on video capture there is a bit of jerkyness. And in the video itself it's even more visible.

So, It's like that, cannot do any better.

Karl