Sign in to follow this  
dobee51

So, did anybody have a smooth installation?

On 8/19/2020 at 9:20 AM, FrankBlack78 said:

Nice. What do people do that do not have enough space on C? God, how I hate such things. For gods sake...

The User folder, which also contains your documents, pictures and video folder can all be relocated in Windows, even when populated. 

Hth

It took a while to finally get it downloaded, but it was uneventful.  Have ordered a joystick, so I am currently limted to mouse and keyboard, so I dont get the full flavor yet.  Im happy.

I checked for Windows and Intel updates (none needed). Then Nvidia did an automatic driver update. Then I updated apps in the MS Store. Then I rebooted my system just to be sure. Opened MS Store again and signed up for Game Pass. Then installed MFS (I was surprised to find it even allowed me, through a prompt screen, to download the launcher onto a drive of my choice). Started MFS and it started with an accessibility setup. After that it started downloading everything else (again after asking me where I wanted to locate it). The whole thing crashed after about 5% but to be fair I was also messing about with Windows at the time. After I restarted it, it sensibly started again where it had left off. 1.5 hours later and it was installed (I have 200/20 internet speed). Less than an hour to map and calibrate my HOTAS (including CH throttle and pedals). No problems anywhere. I’ve been flying around for about 3 hours so far with a bit of settings experimentation with nothing of comment other than some slow points during loading. It all looks rock solid for me so far, and working well on ultra and 1080p with nothing but a 1070 card, i7 6700K CPU and 32 Gb of 3200 RAM.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/18/2020 at 5:50 PM, Radial9 said:

No issues. I'm flying and learning. Recognized my TM Warthog Hotas/throttle right off. Also recognized my two TM Cougar MFD button sets. Squirrel youtube series big help.

I know that FS2020 recognizes the Warthog, like it did my X-56 HOTAS, but I'm still trying to have it recognize the Cougars. They DO show up in my Peripherals list, but I can't program them. I got into Squirrel's tutorials immediately, but so far, I didn't see them mentioned in his Peripherals video #2.

Did you do anything special?

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I click buy, 2.5 hours later I am setting at FOB starting a RTW trip in a 172. 7 days ago ,   86 hours in game playtime atm,  2 CTD total so far . 1 at a Known Airport.

Edited by SirDan

1 CTD in the menu (randomly), zero otherwise.

Flying time about 15 hours, give or take, idle time - no idea since I leave it on all the time when not in-use, but probably hundred hours.

Edited by SceneryFX

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

It was a smooth installation here, although there were some long-ish pauses with a static screen in the first few steps where it would have been nice to see a progress bar or that swirly blue circle indicating progress.

I knew in advance from the Alpha that I had to tell it to use my large D drive instead of my cramped C drive. And even then, it automatically set up a rolling cache on the C drive that I had to delete and set up on the D drive instead. It recognized my TM Warthog throttle and stick, and Saitek pedals. No CTD so far.

Overall not the worst installation experience I've ever had, but it still felt a bit clunky. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

It was easy once I figured out you need to open up the xbox app to finish the download after you do the initial download from the MS store. Took me 45 minutes or so to get the entire download.

Edited by snwboardn

Tyson Rose