Sign in to follow this  
dave belsey

Yet another opinion of MSFS

1 minute ago, sgreen91 said:

Your recommendation for Ultra is wierd.  I use a 9900k, 2080ti, 32gb memory and it recommended Medium.  I wonder if the program is looking at something else to judge.

I have virtually the same set but 64gb it recommended ultra for 4k also

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But where Bert? Open countryside or over New York City? Location appears to be everything.

I am sure I can bog it down somewhere, but big cities is not where I typically fly..

Miami looked fine, yesterday.

Today is Sitka to Wrangell.. 🙂

Bert

7 hours ago, suchw said:

I have virtually the same set but 64gb it recommended ultra for 4k also

64Gb isn’t recommended anywhere for anything..... 

I just re-read your post, if you could use some commas, then, it would help a great deal...

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

6 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I am sure I can bog it down somewhere, but big cities is not where I typically fly..

Miami looked fine, yesterday.

Today is Sitka to Wrangell.. 🙂

I’m not familiar with either of those places but if Miami was fine then it suggests only the cities with lots of skyscrapers might be troublesome.

But for the  VFR pilot it sounds ideal. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 hours ago, sgreen91 said:

Your recommendation for Ultra is wierd.  I use a 9900k, 2080ti, 32gb memory and it recommended Medium.  I wonder if the program is looking at something else to judge.

This sounds very wrong... should have definitely recommended Ultra for you.

I have an i7-6700, GTX 1070, 32GB RAM with a 1440p monitor, and it recommended high-end for me.

Is MFS good or not. A lot of opinions. Here are unedited pics of Kisumu Airport Kenya with no scenery add-ons:

P3D v4.5

Kisumu-P3-D.jpg

MFS

mfs-kisumu.jpg

Which one do you prefer?

Edited by kiki

1 minute ago, kiki said:

Which one do you prefer?

I'd prefer it if the screenshot was taken in approximately the same position and view for both simulators which would give us a better comparison, sorry.:blush:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Those who are reporting (astonishingly) good performance; are you also using Bing Data and Photogrammetry settings on?

O.K. at the risk of alienating myself I'm going to ask. I've been a member of this site since Tom started it all those years ago. I've been away for awhile as life got in the way. I saw an advertisement for 2020 and thought I'd look. It seems, as expected, nobody can agree on the worth of investment. I would like to ask a few questions:

1. Is this just cloud based with only a small client downloaded to your PC?

2. Does this work with VATSIM?

3. Will previous scenery packages from 3rd parties work with it?e.g for FSX

4. Is there physical media that can be secured or only online DL?

Thanks for any help. I know these may have been asked and answered someplace on the internet, but I can't spend a ton of time looking for the answers so I thought I'd come ask the junkies... :)

Dan ...

On 8/19/2020 at 6:14 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Stay with P3D Ian, plenty are.

stuck in the past......

P3D is in the grave. Load up MSFS 2020, then look at some youtube videos of P3D - it feels like staring at a sim from the 90s.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sgreen91 said:

That’s strange, using a much older system. 

4790-k

GTX 1070

16gb ram

3840 × 2160 screen resolution.

getting me buy while I wait for the parts for my new machine to come. The game defaulted to high end. Surprisingly it could run it. Not very well but it recommended high end with much worse specs.

performance wise now I’ve lowed some setting I’ve got it running pretty good. Managed to keep a solid 25fps, with the Airbus. Using live traffic, out of LAX in a stormy weather.

Pretty happy with that as the machine had a lot to render. Traffic, the higher details building, clouds, rain effects etc... using a mixture of high, medium and low setting. 

Edited by Eriol_Mits
Adding screen resolution.

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

stuck in the past......

P3D is in the grave. Load up MSFS 2020, then look at some youtube videos of P3D - it feels like staring at a sim from the 90s.

Not true..

• Upvote 1

Bert

1 hour ago, dkiewicz said:

O.K. at the risk of alienating myself I'm going to ask. I've been a member of this site since Tom started it all those years ago. I've been away for awhile as life got in the way. I saw an advertisement for 2020 and thought I'd look. It seems, as expected, nobody can agree on the worth of investment. I would like to ask a few questions:

1. Is this just cloud based with only a small client downloaded to your PC?

2. Does this work with VATSIM?

3. Will previous scenery packages from 3rd parties work with it?e.g for FSX

4. Is there physical media that can be secured or only online DL?

Thanks for any help. I know these may have been asked and answered someplace on the internet, but I can't spend a ton of time looking for the answers so I thought I'd come ask the junkies... 🙂

Dan ...

1. No

2. Why not

3. No

4. Europe sells a DVD version

• Upvote 1

Bert

9 hours ago, sgreen91 said:

I'm not sure.  In alpha mine was high but for this version it recommended medium.  I set to high and a few to ultra haha

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |