Sign in to follow this  
Radial9

V4 to V5 Upgrade Considerations

1 hour ago, mikeymike said:

Hf2 or 3?

im thinking I might revert back possibly.

mike

Whatever the latest HF is-I think it's three.

• Like 1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

6 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Since the latest hot fix along with windows2004 update I have flown the Leonardo Maddog full PBR cockpit in and out of the LVFR KMIA with no problems with my GTX1070 8GB. I haven't had an issue since with any addon airports with PMDG/ Leonardo planes. I use Active Sky for weather ENVTEX, and all the ORBX Global regions with V5 Vector. Most of my sliders about 3/4 to the right. I have spent precious little on upgrades like FUSIPC6 and FFTF because most of the addons I use have been free upgrades. Perhaps I'm wrong but I don't think Vector was an upgrade fee. Have to do a memory check on that one. For me P3DV5 has been a worth while up grade with smoother performance and just seems to look better in undefinable ways. This is one reason the new sim has failed to draw much attention from me and please I didn't say that to start another silly sim vs.sim spat.

I'll close by saying I was a disappointed customer when V5 was first released and even put in for a refund the first week but changed my mind and I'm glad I did because it is at a fine state now. I'm sure I'll be using it for a long time to come. 

Vector upgrade was indeed free

6 hours ago, mikeymike said:

Hf2 or 3?

im thinking I might revert back possibly.

mike

HF3 which is stable

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

7 hours ago, vp49p3 said:

I also drive a 2007 car without all the bells and whistles

& i bet you wish you had not sold your previous one 😄

for now, cheers

john martin

I used ORBX on v4 but found v5 looked better without ORBX.( and it looks great with better performance ) I have addon airports installed. 

I do have a better flight experience with v5.

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

2 hours ago, Recognition said:

I used ORBX on v4 but found v5 looked better without ORBX.( and it looks great with better performance ) I have addon airports installed. 

I do have a better flight experience with v5.

You referring to ORBX Vector specifically?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

15 minutes ago, Shomron said:

You referring to ORBX Vector specifically?

No. I removed all ORBX and was happy with the extra FPS and found the scenery in P3Dv5 looked great without ORBX. I'm really very happy with it.

I think you need a good system so you can pump up the sliders.

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

8 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

No Milviz planes available in v5 yet

xxd09

Incorrect. The T-38A ADV Redux was recently released for v5 and those who bought the T-38C while it was available got updates.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

4 hours ago, Recognition said:

No. I removed all ORBX and was happy with the extra FPS and found the scenery in P3Dv5 looked great without ORBX. I'm really very happy with it.

I think you need a good system so you can pump up the sliders.

Occasionally I might want to fly into an airport and don't want to buy an add-on for one trip so I just use the default and am wowed by the performance bonus of trading off the eye candy. Might not shine and look so nice as a twenty five dollar add-on airport but I sometimes forget what the penalty is for the performance vs. visuals trade off, especially in a high fidelity plane like PMDG. Not to mention$$$. ☺️

Vic green

JBD3G

I missed that one plane but to all intents and purposes-no Milviz planes or helicopters 

I find this a big miss-almost everyone else seems to have caught up
I miss Milviz a lot but understand the problems for Addons manufacturers as P3D continually keeps changing 

Milviz promises results soon

xxd09

1 hour ago, PATCO LCH said:

Occasionally I might want to fly into an airport and don't want to buy an add-on for one trip so I just use the default and am wowed by the performance bonus of trading off the eye candy. Might not shine and look so nice as a twenty five dollar add-on airport but I sometimes forget what the penalty is for the performance vs. visuals trade off, especially in a high fidelity plane like PMDG. Not to mention$$$. ☺️

Its always a trade off, be it Scenery or PMDG type addons. My problem is I always love to look around outside, would be more realistic and cheaper if I just sat in the pilots chair. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 5:39 PM, micstatic said:

you should be fine with 8GB VRAM at 1080P.  

Just installed v5 and using 1080 card flying only A2a aircraft and using vr vram usage so far not over 4g

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

1 hour ago, cx777 said:

P3D V4 is best P3D

In your opinion... I would respectfully disagree.

I have both installed and never fly V4 any more.. 😉

Bert

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

In your opinion... I would respectfully disagree.

I have both installed and never fly V4 any more.. 😉

Yes the same here, actually I deleted P3Dv4. I find the scenery and EA (clouds) a huge step forward for LM.