Sign in to follow this  
Dave-Pilot2ATC

Installing Pilot2ATC to work with MSFS 2020

On 12/19/2020 at 3:18 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Correct.  P2A does not deal with scenery, other than data about the taxiways and runways which it gets when you run MakeRunways and import the result.

Hi Dave, i don’t know where else to write it BUT there is a new AI traffic addon for MSFS coming soon ,check it out: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fslivetraffic-liveries-fsltl-new-trailer-and-status-update/341358

I was wondering if there is anyway for you 2 to communicate with each other so we can have this AI traffic to Interact/ speak/ communicate with P2A.

its my wet dream to have this happen. 
I will appreciate if you guys can make it workout.  

Hi,

OK been playing around with Pilot2ATC and MSFS2020 for a couple of weeks, and there seem to be some significant issues still. Not sure if its P2ATC or FSUIPC7 or even MSFS2020 but lots of CTDs (about every 2nd flight), disparities between flight plans (am using Navigraph data in both) and in a recent approach to CYLW ILS16Z PIGLU arrival the controller ordered a descent to 5100 which flew me into a mountainside.

Flight plans do seem to run OK (after a fashion) without P2ATC so, I am now thinking its likely an FSUIPC7 or P2ATC issue, so thinking of abandoning P2ATC and going back to VATSIM. Shame as its a great tool, but I seem to be spending 45% of my time problem-solving the sim, and 25% flying these days. I also have a high-end dedicated machine.

Any ideas welcome

Bernie

On 12/26/2020 at 4:08 PM, BernieGarrett said:

Hi,

OK been playing around with Pilot2ATC and MSFS2020 for a couple of weeks, and there seem to be some significant issues still. Not sure if its P2ATC or FSUIPC7 or even MSFS2020 but lots of CTDs (about every 2nd flight), disparities between flight plans (am using Navigraph data in both) and in a recent approach to CYLW ILS16Z PIGLU arrival the controller ordered a descent to 5100 which flew me into a mountainside.

Flight plans do seem to run OK (after a fashion) without P2ATC so, I am now thinking its likely an FSUIPC7 or P2ATC issue, so thinking of abandoning P2ATC and going back to VATSIM. Shame as its a great tool, but I seem to be spending 45% of my time problem-solving the sim, and 25% flying these days. I also have a high-end dedicated machine.

Any ideas welcome

Bernie

Ok found one issue that might not be pilot2ATC related, so will have to test further. ORBX CYLW causes a CTD on my system, whenever used. Not sure if that would cause the erroneous altitude guidance from P2ATC on the leg to VIVEK when on the PIGLU4 arrival though?

Bernie

If you have the log file for the flight with the mountain encounter, please send to admin@pilot2atc.com and I'll have a look.

Dave

It turned out to be a permissions issue for me.  I had followed the instructions to launch MSFS 2020, then FSUIP7, and finally Pilot2ATC, but I could not get a green connect light in P2ATC.   I normally run P2ATC in administrator mode.  I had done the same for FSUIP7, but that created a problem.  I removed the admin attribute from FSUIPC7 and then it worked as advertised.

Many thanks Dave,

Ran it again today and after deleting my MSFS2020 cache (suggested as a fix for CYLW by ORBX support) and it ran much better. On the PIGLU4 Arrival for the ILS 16Z approach, it is quite a steep descent initially, and this time I was asked to descend to 5100 after VIVEK (instead of before as previously). On the actual approach its actually after DATBO and the stepped descent is 6600, and then 5100 at WTMAN, then 4200 by TATVI so it worked out fine.

https://cloudfront.foreflight.com/plates/2013/CYLW_PIGLU_FOUR_ARR_YDC_PIGLU4.PDF

https://cloudfront.foreflight.com/plates/2013/RCAP_CYLW_ILS_Z_RWY_16.PDF

Good to know it works (as Pilot2ATC is usually much better than VATSIM). Possibly orhers experiencing weird clearance or approaches to addon airports might benefit from deleting the cache before installing them.  

Next up is trying to get it to work with VR, but I fear that might be a load too much for the PC with the FS, Pilot2ATC, chatter and VR . The mic on my Vive headset does not work in P2ATC either, but  I'll start another thread to discuss VR setups. 

Cheers

Bernie

P.S. takesix - That's weird, I always start P2ATC first and have never had a connection issue.

Edited by BernieGarrett

Hello

translated by Google

I would like to be able to use the ground services, but it is impossible to set the ground frequency to 121.755 or 118.505 LPPT in Pilot2ATC, even when entering the frequency in the "STBY" window

I have the impression that the third decimal is not taken into account in msfs2020.
I have read the documentation, but I did not find information

thanks in advance

121.755 is not a valid frequency.  121.725 would be.

12.5 MHz spacing is not supported.  Only 25 MHz spacing.

And yes, this is a SIM thing.

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

thank you for your reply

but I do not understand,

for the frequency 118.505? what would be the right frequency for my example?

The standard frequencies for aviation have had a separate of .25 mHz.  So valid values after the decimal are 00, 025, 050, 075, 10, 125, 150, 175, etc.  so 118.50 would be valid, but not 118. 505.

There is a new standard being implemented in the real world with .125 mHz spacing which confuses things when trying to use real world frequencies in the SIM world.  but 118.505 would not be valid in this new standard either.

I don't know where you are getting 118.505, but that is not a valid frequency as far as I know.

Dave

okay

sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks for the explanation

so some frequencies in the simulator are not real.
only frequencies ending in 00, 025, 050, 075, 10, 125, 150, 175 are valid.

Thank you, I learned something

19 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

There is a new standard being implemented in the real world with .125 mHz spacing which confuses things when trying to use real world frequencies in the SIM world

Actually it's 8.33 kHz spacing -- 3 times as many frequencies, not two times.  But the dialled values on a suitable radio (one adapted to 8.33) end in 

.000, ,005, .010, .015, .025, .030, .035, .040, .050 and so on.

The COM frequencies provided by MakeRwys in the generated files are

F5.csv => 25 kHz spacing only, with any 8.33 only values converted as follows:

.005 -> .000, .020 -> .010, .015 -> .020, .030 -> .030, .035 and .040 -> .040, etc.

The F5x.csv => provides the full xxx.xxx value unchanged from the scenery BGLs, whether 25 or 8.33 kHz spaced.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

18 hours ago, ptimale said:

so some frequencies in the simulator are not real.

They are real, but need newly adapted radios which can deal with the new 8.33 spacing. More and more airports (especially in Europe) are moving to the new system because of the lack of available frequencies otherwise.

I think it has been mandatory for several years now for aircraft radios to be so equipped. I can't change the radios in my cockpit as they are not made any more and my console won't accept any of those which are. So i stick to the old 25 kHz spacing, which is what P2A wants to see in any case. It doesn't matter to me what the actual scenery in the Sim is using as it is P2A which talks to me.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Pete, 

Thanks for the clarification on 8.33 MHz spacing.

At any rate, P2A does not support use of those frequencies, so you will never be assigned any of those until there is a change made to P2A.  Assuming you are using P2A for ATC, you should be choosing frequencies from P2A or using the ones with 25 spacing from charts, etc.  P2A gets its frequencies from the AIRAC data, not from the SIMs.

Dave

On 12/19/2020 at 6:18 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

P2A does not deal with scenery, other than data about the taxiways and runways which it gets when you run MakeRunways and import the result.

What exactly does MakeRunways do, anyway?  I downloaded it just for kicks, and even read the readme files, but I still haven't got a clue if I want/need to use it, and if I do, what it will do for me.  Can you unconfuse me?

Thx,
KKT