Sign in to follow this  
YVRLHRDXB

Response from the team regarding missing airports....

I wonder if it’s possible to find/see the remains of the checkerboard in MSFS?  I remember seeing real life pictures of it and it’s faded but still there

Edited by regis9
  • Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

7 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I wonder if it’s possible to find/see the remains of the checkerboard in MSFS?  I remember seeing real life pictures of it and it’s faded but still there

I assume this is where it was? https://www.google.de/maps/@22.3330672,114.1835179,269a,35y,24.21h,40.93t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=de

If so the answer is no. The Bing data is not high res enough. Check for yourself with these coordinates on Bing Maps: 22.335002, 114.184429

39 minutes ago, ELaw said:

That was the case for FSX, right?

At that time? Not quite. I believe northern America was more or less complete, so was Europe. If it had published approaches, it was in the sim. If it didn't, it might have happened that some airport was missing.

But there were huge gaps in the data in Asia, Africa and Oceania. 

3 hours ago, B787Pilot3222 said:

We are planning to have discreet World Updates that focus on a specific region of Earth. The current plan is to do this every 2-3 months.

In order to really celebrate that particular part of the planet we are updating, we are also planning on creating some new hand-crafted airports, some new POIs and we will also attempt to provide some more activities … like landing challenges.

We are very excited about this as it will – over time - spotlight all regions of Earth, which we hope will bring focus to areas that might not be a current aviation hub.

Kind regards,
Microsoft Flight Simulator Support Team

i forgot what I was gonna ask.

Thank you again

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

Avsim should make your account as official MSFS team account here with the logo and all.

Thank you for the update

I agree. I read the respective post twice wondering if this was simply an enthusiast's post.... until I saw the signature of the MSFS team rep. There should indeed be something that differentiates member B787 from, um, "simply everyone else".

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

I would lose my mind if they created a landing challenge that re-drew Kai Tak airport and surrounding Hong Kong scenery in its 70's-80's glory and gave us a landing challenge with the 747 on the Checkerboard....perhaps the most iconic approach in aviation history.

I don't think I'd do anything else for a week after it came out. 🙂

That's actually an awesome and great idea for one of the landing challenges! Kai Tak is legendary!

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Whats the point of having new landing challenges if the joystick inputs are over sensitive all the time.

The only aircraft that is a bit more normal is the Robin DR400, which Asobo spent extra time on refining.

Needs more refining in particular areas this sim, before moving on to other grandiose stuff!

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

I swear, if I have to read about someone wanting a 22 year defunct airport in the sim once more...

People are already complaining that huge patches of Bing's sattelite data is 10 years outdated, and someone brings that dead corpse of an airport up again...

Personally, none of this is really a BFD to me, I am happy with the airport roster as it is, and as it ultimately will be. Nonetheless,  the general gist of this thread in its entirety has to do with a condition rather than with one, single item really, and this is a BFD to others. If you are happy with x&y alone, as I am, then great!  At the end of the day, if x,y&z are promised, then x,y&z should be delivered. I am certain that, were you the owner of a construction company, you would not accept your chief estimator telling you after having submitted a project bid "Hey, I remembered most of it, sir, what's the BFD if I omitted the painting, the gyp. board walls are still there, so what?!"

And, why take the time to write a comment describing your animus to someone else's concerns that annoy the chette out of you? Simply move on to the next post and ignore the ones that you have to "swear" about.

• Like 1

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

4 hours ago, B787Pilot3222 said:

We are planning to have discreet World Updates that focus on a specific region of Earth. The current plan is to do this every 2-3 months.

I think they mean DISCRETE updates.   Discreet updates are fine too, but they'll have to stay low-key about those :)

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

28 minutes ago, RustyFlyer said:

I agree. I read the respective post twice wondering if this was simply an enthusiast's post.... until I saw the signature of the MSFS team rep. There should indeed be something that differentiates member B787 from, um, "simply everyone else".

I think he just copy pasted an email he got from MS Support

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

5 hours ago, B787Pilot3222 said:

we are also planning on creating some new hand-crafted airports, some new POIs and we will also attempt to provide some more activities … like landing challenges.

This was one of my main reasons for purchasing the Premium Deluxe version. I would imagine that there will be some new content for all versions and some just for the Premium Deluxe version. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Absolutely nothing beat watching a 747 drift down into downtown HK....make a continuous right turn all the way to flare, then kicking out the yaw at the last sec (and sometimes not LOL)...and putting several hundred tons of aluminium gracefully on the deck. (and again....sometimes not!) 🤣

I’m right there with ya Steve-O! I sense the Drabek Industries paint lab firing up soon.  Who knows, we may see a big green machine Titan 777F or an Atlas Air jumbo freighter fly in there somewhere down the road😎

Chris Sunseri