Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dillon

ATC is a bust...

Time for another support ticket.  Everyone including myself has been so busy flying around looking at scenery no one has done a true IFR flight.  I just struggled through a CJ4 flight with an autopilot that struggled to maintain climb angle only to find when I got to my destination ATC just vectored me past the runway and never vectored me back to the airfield.  This was a visual approach not even IFR.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Two words or one name - PilotEdge

Default ATC has been a mainstay since FS2k2.  This needs to get fixed. I don't want a third party option that can't interact with AI in the sim.

FS2020 

6 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Default ATC has been a mainstay since FS2k2.  This needs to get fixed. I don't want a third party option that can't interact with AI in the sim.

Hopefully they will overhaul it, I don't see it happening any sooner than a year or longer from now though. Other stuff (like the autopilot and vectors) needs to get fixed sooner in my opinion. Until then the best option that would hypothetically work is something like VoiceAttack so you can talk to ATC rather than use a clunky menu that takes up a lot of screen real estate, I dread to think how you would use it practically in VR for instance...

28 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Time for another support ticket.  Everyone including myself has been so busy flying around looking at scenery no one has done a true IFR flight.  I just struggled through a CJ4 flight with an autopilot that struggled to maintain climb angle only to find when I got to my destination ATC just vectored me past the runway and never vectored me back to the airfield.  This was a visual approach not even IFR.

Holy Toledo Batman. If you’re flying IFR and you need vectoring to find the airfield, somebody needs to start at lesson 1 again. 

I personally liked the old FSX/P3D style, semi-translucent, ATC window much better!

Chris Camp

19 minutes ago, High_Alpha said:

Until then the best option that would hypothetically work is something like VoiceAttack so you can talk to ATC rather than use a clunky menu that takes up a lot of screen real estate, I dread to think how you would use it practically in VR for instance...

Easy option for that is M.C.E, which is coming to the new sim according to the developer.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest Aceman2020
55 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I never use ATC for my IFR flights...purely VOR to VOR to ILS. It would be cool if ATC could follow along though but I don't want them messing me up 🙂

As far as testing IFR I just completed one of my favorite IFR flights from fsx in msfs2020 no problems.

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

There are two resolutions to this type of issue and I have seen both of them:

• One is that you are correct, and this is an error that needs definite correction asap from Asobo
  • Two is that somebody comes along and says "Did you do" (name of thingy here) "because it wont work unless you do that."

Of the available options above, I see the second one much more than one would expect, but I have no clue how this particular issue will turn out.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, Doug47 said:

Holy Toledo Batman. If you’re flying IFR and you need vectoring to find the airfield, somebody needs to start at lesson 1 again. 

I take it you meant VFR.🧐  Anyway I'm testing over here to see how the ATC is responding based on how it functioned in FS9, FSX, and P3D.

FS2020 

53 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

There are two resolutions to this type of issue and I have seen both of them:

• One is that you are correct, and this is an error that needs definite correction asap from Asobo
  • Two is that somebody comes along and says "Did you do" (name of thingy here) "because it wont work unless you do that."

Of the available options above, I see the second one much more than one would expect, but I have no clue how this particular issue will turn out.

Option Three, try it for yourself and see if it works...

FS2020 

1 hour ago, Aceman2020 said:

I never use ATC for my IFR flights...purely VOR to VOR to ILS. It would be cool if ATC could follow along though but I don't want them messing me up 🙂

As far as testing IFR I just completed one of my favorite IFR flights from fsx in msfs2020 no problems.

ATC vectored you to final?

FS2020 

2 minutes ago, Dillon said:

On a visual approach, they aren’t supposed to vector you. Did you get clearance to land at any point?

Guest Aceman2020
15 minutes ago, Dillon said:

No. I don't use ATC in IFR...I navigate from VOR to VOR and finally to the ILS runway.

IFR to me means departing from one airport and landing in another airport in possibly zero visibility without any GPS or assistance from ATC

12 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Hey mods. Why am I able to edit another members quotes? They should not be editable.

5 minutes ago, Aceman2020 said:

No. I don't use ATC in IFR...I navigate from VOR to VOR and finally to the ILS runway.

IFR to me means departing from one airport and landing in another airport in possibly zero visibility without any GPS or assistance from ATC

Your definition of IFR is very strange.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.