Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

ATC is a bust...

8 hours ago, gnirtS said:

ATC to me appears to be the worst feature - its a copy/paste from FSX with a few other things removed....

If only it was a cut and paste, FSX’s was better in many ways. 

Wasn't improving ATC on the official list, at some point, from Asobo along with adding VR and Seasons?

Has something changed or are we assuming they won't address it at this point?

• Like 1

Chris Camp

I just completed an IFR flight with no problems, using the default ATC. The plane flew the approach on a rail, ATC cleared me to the correct altitudes. Received my landing clearance and landed without any further problems. 

Maybe I'm just easy to please, shrug. 

7KVcXx1.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I just completed an IFR flight with no problems, using the default ATC. The plane flew the approach on a rail, ATC cleared me to the correct altitudes. Received my landing clearance and landed without any further problems. 

Maybe I'm just easy to please, shrug. 

7KVcXx1.png

I would be curious of your experience doing KDTW-KORD in the Citation Longitude and share with us the result.

• Upvote 1

Just now, canuk_22 said:

I would be curious of your experience doing KDTW-KORD in the Citation Longitude and share with us the result.

I'm trying out the $1 Gamepass version, so don't have the CC Longitude. And I fly in Europe, in fact this was a flight from Nantes Atlantiques to Paderborn-Lippstadt in Germany. 

I just finished KVDF to KSRQ in central Florida default ATC, IFR routing, got assigned ILS 32 via RINGL, all correct altitude assignments and ILS on autopilot to 500 AGL with no issues.

Edited by Cmcollazo71
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, canuk_22 said:

For pushback I still use the old "shift P" works for me.  The little man looks kind of stupid as he often ends up half way under the aircraft, but hey if that was only issue!

yeah  I have used that, but there is no turn on hotkey (unless I missed it)  In FSX I believe 1 and 3 turned you but nothing in this one.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

18 minutes ago, Moria15 said:

yeah  I have used that, but there is no turn on hotkey (unless I missed it)  In FSX I believe 1 and 3 turned you but nothing in this one.

Graham

yes that is correct, forgot about that

1 hour ago, canuk_22 said:

Not done those two, but took the Longitude from LJLJ to EBLG last night and it worked fine.

That said the flight before in the TBM I was cleared to 2500ft on descent, passing 5000ft I was then told to climb to 7000ft..... at least they don't get shirty when you ignore them!

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

2 hours ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

I just finished KVDF to KSRQ in central Florida default ATC, IFR routing, got assigned ILS 32 via RINGL, all correct altitude assignments and ILS on autopilot to 500 AGL with no issues.

Guys, please fly an across state route and not local.  Something like IFR from KISM to KTEB.  Maybe the short GA routes are working but long/medium range flights in the Longitude or CJ4 is the issue.  ATC gives no vectors to the ILS or runway.  Your cleared for the runway at 20,000ft and also cleared from 20,000ft to 2,800ft with no further guidance.  The goal of implementing SID/STAR approaches broke the basic ATC engine.  

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

50 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Guys, please fly an across state route and not local.  Something like IFR from KISM to KTEB.  Maybe the short GA routes are working but long/medium range flights in the Longitude or CJ4 is the issue.  ATC gives no vectors to the ILS or runway.  Your cleared for the runway at 20,000ft and also cleared from 20,000ft to 2,800ft with no further guidance.  The goal of implementing SID/STAR approaches broke the basic ATC engine.  

yep, and I suspect many others are like that, for me KDTW-KORD 3 times with the same outcome, Citation and 787

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

I’ll give it a shot if I can this Long weekend. When you have a family and other obligations those longer routes aren’t an every day thing... Unless the family is out of town without me for some reason.

I had my first bad experience with ATC tonight. It kept telling me to "go around" right as I was lined up to land. I went around and made a second approach, and same thing. Is this a bug, or was I doing something wrong that ATC didn't like? Perhaps I was coming in too fast or too low or something, but I've not had ATC ever tell me this before on approach. Oh, and I didn't see any traffic on the runway that would normally cause a go around order. In fact, I ignored ATC on second try and just landed. They didn't like it, but I was tired of going in circles for no apparent reason.

I saw someone do a full route over the Atlantic from London City to KJFK.  This was in the Longitude.  The problem must be over land versus water...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2