Sign in to follow this  
Virtual Flight Realm

Dont garbage your Prepar3D too soon !

I'm stoked to have a VFR platform, and an IFR platform.  P3D is poor at being a true VFR platform, whereas MSFS can do IFR plans no probleme.  What I find is way on up high where the tubeliners fly I actually find P3D superior even visually, and I'm using P3D 4.5.  I'm having a hard time w/ the softer image quality that happens in MSFS at elevation.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

12 hours ago, Noel said:

I'm stoked to have a VFR platform, and an IFR platform.  P3D is poor at being a true VFR platform, whereas MSFS can do IFR plans no probleme.  What I find is way on up high where the tubeliners fly I actually find P3D superior even visually, and I'm using P3D 4.5.  I'm having a hard time w/ the softer image quality that happens in MSFS at elevation.

turn up your level of detail slider in MSFS (200)

Edited by awf

André

Already running Ultra and beyond moving Rendering over 100 which kills my GPU I don't think there is much more to be done near as I can tell.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 9/3/2020 at 10:53 PM, Virtual Flight Realm said:

MSFS is running with DX11, hope it will run soon with DX12 😉 Microsoft is always lazy with their own technologies...

I'll never understand that move, by MS. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

1 minute ago, SolRayz said:

I'll never understand that move, by MS. 

I believe it was actually Asobo who made that decision... years ago..

Bert

I'm pretty happy with how dx12 has launched our old fsx platform forward. I messed around with MSFS briefly, and the performance just doesn't compare at the moment. Big mistake by Asobo, but I'm sure that topic has probably been beaten to death by now.  

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

On 9/3/2020 at 2:59 PM, Noel said:

Already running Ultra and beyond moving Rendering over 100 which kills my GPU I don't think there is much more to be done near as I can tell.

Actually you can, to begin with settings high and some at ultra (not all) rendering scale at 80 and level of detail to 200 😉

André

11 minutes ago, awf said:

Actually you can, to begin with settings high and some at ultra (not all) rendering scale at 80 and level of detail to 200 😉

Yes I've had LOD at 200 and the other slider I forget what it's called, and the comment was made w/ respect to some fuzziness in the image quality that is less the case in P3D meaning there isn't much more that can be done to improve IQ when i'm already at Ultra and 200/200, and GPU can't handle rendering >100.  I hope they adjust visibility a bit more I feel the forground and farther out needs to be clearer than it is currently.  Right now depth of field is overly blurred by this visibility I think is what might be happening.  Hopefully just needs tuned, or REX/HiFi to come in with some control.

Noel

1 minute ago, Noel said:

Yes I've had LOD at 200 and the other slider I forget what it's called, and the comment was made w/ respect to some fuzziness in the image quality that is less the case in P3D meaning there isn't much more that can be done to improve IQ when i'm already at Ultra and 200/200, and GPU can't handle rendering >100.  I hope they adjust visibility a bit more I feel the forground and farther out needs to be clearer than it is currently.  Right now depth of field is overly blurred by this visibility I think is what might be happening.  Hopefully just needs tuned, or REX/HiFi to come in with some control.

Problem could be that with ultra settings you are asking to much from your system with a 2070 and your screen resolution, I have razor sharp textures here local...

That's why I'm saying you have to tone down some settings... and for rendering I would go for 80 with your gpu...

André

56 minutes ago, awf said:

Problem could be that with ultra settings you are asking to much from your system with a 2070 and your screen resolution, I have razor sharp textures here local...

That's why I'm saying you have to tone down some settings... and for rendering I would go for 80 with your gpu...

But at 100 I have the 2070 running right around 88%, which seems ideal.  Post an image for what you are calling razor sharp, something with some distance in it.  At close range, in nicer airports, textures are crisp.  But they get progressively less so, to a consideraby greater degree at the same distance, than P3D.  So once again, if my GPU is not up against a ceiling how does reducing sliders or even the rendering slider improve image quality?   I will try your suggestion however counterintuitive it appears.

Noel

Tried dialing back rendering to 80 and saw no difference save my GPU use went from high 80's to high 70's.   Up close textures are nice and crisp, especially when looking down.  I think it's not so much texture quality but the visibility layer is overcooked for my tastes.

Noel