Sign in to follow this  
Virtual Flight Realm

Dont garbage your Prepar3D too soon !

How convenient there were no clouds in the MSFS footage.

Each sim has their pros/cons, and trying to pretend P3D looks as good as MSFS out of the box (which isn't happening in this video, lol) is pointless, because that's definitely not where P3D's strength lies in comparison to MSFS.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Never understood why it HAS to be one sim or the other.  Both, or all, can coexist on someone’s machine.

Edited by CaptKornDog
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 6

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

How convenient there were no clouds in the MSFS footage.

Each sim has their pros/cons, and trying to pretend P3D looks as good as MSFS out of the box (which isn't happening in this video, lol) is pointless, because that's definitely not where P3D's strength lies in comparison to MSFS.

I could care less whether one is better out of the box or after I've modded it with payware etc.  All I care is how the simulator looks/acts when I click the icon to launch the program.  I'm enjoying both simulators right now.  I wouldn't dare attempt to simulate airline flying right now in MSFS.  Maybe one day.  Each sim has pro's and cons right now

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I'm awaiting the implementation of PMDG, FSLabs and QW before I make any move. I want to see how a complex airliner works over the world scenery and how much RAM/VRam is required?

Oh and the surfacing of the Thames bridges and the re building of the Forth and Tay bridges?

• Upvote 1

One thing I just realized is that only the payware and hand crafted airports even have accurate taxiways.  The others are just interpreted and drawn based on AI.  This is huge for people who fly on vatsim.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

13 minutes ago, micstatic said:

One thing I just realized is that only the payware and hand crafted airports even have accurate taxiways.  The others are just interpreted and drawn based on AI.  This is huge for people who fly on vatsim.  

It's not that big a deal! Asobo has a guy who is manually correcting all those taxiways and he is also correcting all the made up taxiway names. I don't know if he will finish in time for the first patch but I would not think it will take more than oh, I don't know....15 maybe 20 years.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

too late...its trashed. loading up a million applications (active sky/FFTF etc) isnt desirable. Once the simconnect issue with FSUIPC is fixed, P3D can finally be put to bed for good in my residence. Next issue is getting the ATC patched because ya know that was another application I had to launch in P3D as well....🙄

@shivers9  hah.  I read your response thinking you were being serious.  Then got to the 15 maybe 20 years part.  I can just hear it on vatsim now.  "Delta 2376, turn right on echo, then left on Alpha, and hold short of 23L".  Then an A320neo taxi's in front of me diagonally thru the grass.  

Just now, environmental_ice said:

too late...its trashed. loading up a million applications (active sky/FFTF etc) isnt desirable. Once the simconnect issue with FSUIPC is fixed, P3D can finally be put to bed for good in my residence. Next issue is getting the ATC patched because ya know that was another application I had to launch in P3D as well....🙄

you missed the part about mythical or non existent taxiways and how they incorporate into a "real world" vatsim environment.  Default ATC is worthless.  Always has been.  But none of this obviously matters to you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, micstatic said:

you missed the part about mythical or non existent taxiways and how they incorporate into a "real world" vatsim environment.  Default ATC is worthless.  Always has been.  But none of this obviously matters to you

It doesn't matter to me because I never flew to default airports in P3D thus I wont be doing it in MSFS...Ill be waiting for Payware airports and only fly to those if I am on Vatsim. As far as default ATC being worthless I agree but the ATC in MSFS can be optimized. It certainly isn't a dead end as we have grown accustomed to. There is some potential 

I agree.  I'm payware only.  But if I'm not on VATSIM I don't see a time I would ever want to even use default atc.  I mean I would just go no atc at all.  I don't get the point of it. 

9 minutes ago, environmental_ice said:

It doesn't matter to me because I never flew to default airports in P3D thus I wont be doing it in MSFS...Ill be waiting for Payware airports and only fly to those if I am on Vatsim.

But....But....I thought that all the fanboi's said that finally they can buy just one program and not have to spend money on all these addons....I had my AI contact the MS AI and even after 24 hours of AI talk my AI contacted me and said that he was still confused. 

• Like 2

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 minute ago, shivers9 said:

But....But....I thought that all the fanboi's said that finally they can buy just one program and not have to spend money on all these addons....I had my AI contact the MS AI and even after 24 hours of AI talk my AI contacted me and said that he was still confused. 

I personally dont have an issue purchasing certain addons such as GSX/airports/airplanes but I just think there is certain things that in 2020  should be eliminated going forward. FFTF, ATC addon and launching a program like FSCaptain (which I like) shouldnt be required to get a realistic experience. At least with MSFS there is light at the end of the tunnel

27 minutes ago, environmental_ice said:

I personally dont have an issue purchasing certain addons such as GSX/airports/airplanes but I just think there is certain things that in 2020  should be eliminated going forward. FFTF, ATC addon and launching a program like FSCaptain (which I like) shouldnt be required to get a realistic experience. At least with MSFS there is light at the end of the tunnel

definitely a light.  Some real nice things in MSFS.  But for daily use I would say that the tunnel is much longer than anybody thought it was going to be.