Sign in to follow this  
jaydor

3rd party Developer's to be held to account

Third party developers are already held to account.  With money.  The ones who do not deliver value make less of it in the long run.  The tricky bit is that things that some don’t want, others are happy to pay for.  Which means that really this thread is more about holding other consumers to account for not enforcing the bogus and subjective quality standards of some self-important simmers.  Basically, abacus is out of business, because they were universally hated, and Carenado (one example) is still very much in business, and that is because enough people like what they do.  Deal with it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Yeah.. but I am waiting on someone (outside of the FS2020 devs) to make a simple model and make it appear in this thing.. (This) is the hangup.. GLTF file with a Bin file.. I am telling you once you see a game is based on a (bin) file it is secretly hard coded.. I knew it and these %@#  devs did it anyway.. It is most likely (Over) for 3rd party people unless they (pay) them for the secret privy .. coming soon .. This is (not) the FS community since 1982.. these are junkers..

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Skoaler said:

Yeah.. but I am waiting on someone (outside of the FS2020 devs) to make a simple model and make it appear in this thing.. (This) is the hangup.. GLTF file with a Bin file.. I am telling you once you see a game is based on a (bin) file it is secretly hard coded.. I knew it and these %@#  devs did it anyway.. It is most likely (Over) for 3rd party people unless they (pay) them for the secret privy .. coming soon .. This is (not) the FS community since 1982.. these are junkers..

I have no idea what the heck you're on about. People have a ton of models in the sim already. I'm working on the KDPA main building and the workflow via Blender is fantastic. The tools are already out.

GLTF with bin data is an open format. The spec is available online.

Think you need to take a step back and take a breath.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jaydor said:

The 3rd party developers seem to be torn between the Devil and the Deep.  Rushing models out to stay in the game to keep customers happy and produce stuff that is obviously a port over with mods. 

Or wait until they learn the new processes that they are going to have to learn to develop 2020 standard models.  Those who still wish to be port over kings will soon be left by the roadside. 

New developers will start arriving to 2020 and bring with them better standards than what we saw in X-Plane/P3D. 

FSX/P3d Dev's have had it to themselves far to long and been a bit over priced compared to X-Plane because there was no competition, that is about to change.

Keep your money and force these Developers to produce to the new 2020 standard, if we don't, then they will only keep producing outdated stuff modified to work in 2020.

And that would be our fault...

In all honesty, the state of this new sim was obviously rushed to market as well.  So who has the privilege of throwing stones??????

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 8/30/2020 at 6:44 PM, SceneryFX said:

Not sure what you mean, people have built entire airports, model of what?

You know .. It's called (An Aircraft)  you know - the (Main thing in FS) .. Man it is like what is the point posting here

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2020 at 2:10 PM, GearUp180 said:

Apparently, after some discounts in 2019 (webarchive), their website is now blank.

There are no products listed on their Simmarket page.

Their FaceBook page is still up with old messages and customer's inquiries.

Abacus is gone.. The owner wanted to retire it and do another non FS program .. i do not even know if he did it or even what it was .. I worked for them for 8 years.. I would like to know is Louis Sinclair is still around that made and owned FSDS .. his modeling program was so easy to use.. He just had a hard time making it compile to other formats.. I have several unreleased betas he made from the abacus FTP and I used them to make many FS models and got models to work as I needed them (my way) such as moving aircraft carriers in FSX with all the added X file codes  .. miss those days when it was hands on

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 7:06 PM, MattNischan said:

I have no idea what the heck you're on about. People have a ton of models in the sim already. I'm working on the KDPA main building and the workflow via Blender is fantastic. The tools are already out.

GLTF with bin data is an open format. The spec is available online.

Think you need to take a step back and take a breath.

Ok.. taking a breath.. apologies .. Though this is not what I am talking about .. I am talking about a new (Aircraft) model.. sitting in game on runway ..and (Post it as done and how one did it via 3d max  or blender and have a video of it in game) Speaking of (Blender) please post a link pic or vid to someone who has had success with making an original scenery object and it shows on the ground as a GLTF model object.. I do think that is possible .. but all I see so far are those that are using (MSF2020) default objects and placing them as scenery.. Not the same as someone making an original model with blender and 3ds max and placing it.. Could be but please post some links .. Bless!

Meh, flightbeam, the only 3rd party I’ve bought so far has been great. And orbx has fixed many of the issues people were griping about, I don’t see any problem- obviously if 10-30$ breaks the bank I wouldn’t buy it either but I spend that a day on parking sometimes so it’s a good value for me. (Ymmv)

On 8/30/2020 at 7:45 PM, Skoaler said:

The MS2020 is a disappointment for 3rd party 

Paragraphs.......

Many won't read something that long, otherwise 

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

10 hours ago, Skoaler said:

Speaking of (Blender) please post a link pic or vid to someone who has had success with making an original scenery object and it shows on the ground as a GLTF model object.. I do think that is possible .. but all I see so far are those that are using (MSF2020) default objects and placing them as scenery.. Not the same as someone making an original model with blender and 3ds max and placing it..

OK.

JepM9E6.jpg

Thanks but we are not talking about default scenery object placement like the dude you have here with a bag loader.. I am talking about (Creating) an original model and getting it to work as an (Aircraft) and can be loaded in the (Hanger) like the other FS2020 aircraft are (Seen) with a thumbnail.jpg  pic and you load it.. I am close by using the (SimpleAircraft) in the SDK.. There are some things there that are missing to even get that  SimpleAircraft to show and load in the hanger..  There is also a (different language) in the FS2020 aircraft (Bins) than the SimpleAircraft (Bins) have ..and also any (Blender) or 3ds Max 2018  Babylon exporters make..  They are (Different) and this has to be why they do not show in the hanger or runway.. It is like (what gives MS) the SDK's sample aircraft's (Bin) looks just like compiled bins from blender and 3ds max .. but the package aircraft (bin's) of FS2020  are in a different C++ or GL or X language than 3ds max or blender compiles.. you can see the difference with notepad.. The FS2020 default aircraft have different language than what 3ds max or blender compiles.. So it is (pointless) for 3rd party to try and make a new aircraft and get it into the hanger so you can load it..if nothing makes the bins the same

Edited by Skoaler

26 minutes ago, Skoaler said:

So it is (pointless) for 3rd party to try and make a new aircraft and get it into the hanger so you can load it..if nothing makes the bins the same

Maybe you should retire from the third party development hassle then. Doesn't sound it's for you anymore. Others will take over.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

The fact that people are getting existing models in from FSX versions, by definition means that you can make such a model and then get it into the new sim. This might be a convoluted way to do it and I'm sure there will be a better way, but this shows that it is entirely possible.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

49 minutes ago, Skoaler said:

Thanks but we are not talking about default scenery object placement like the dude you have here with a bag loader..

Dude, I have to believe that you're trolling me here.

It's the massive building behind him that's totally custom that I spent hours on (not finished yet, but very much easily in the sim). Fully done in Blender and Substance Painter.

Edit: And before you go on some other strange tangent, yes, this is a regular GLTF/BIN format model exported with the MSFS Blender Tools. Totally free.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2