Sign in to follow this  
jaydor

3rd party Developer's to be held to account

2 hours ago, Bilbosmeggins said:

Consequently, I think companies are going to have to truly work hard for their money. And I think there will be no shortage of competition vying for our hard earned cash. I believe the quality will come.

I wish I could share your enthusiasm but with new users, I fear that we may see the arrival (return?) of companies with low standards, getting into the market for some easy money.

A famous publisher for FSX and its "quality" add-ons comes to my mind. Its name started with "Ab" and finishes with "us"...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GearUp180 said:

. Its name started with "Ab" and finishes with "us"...

Ha! Forgot about them, a moment of nostalgia.. You make a good and very valid point, having said that I sure hope your wrong.

• Like 2

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

17 minutes ago, GearUp180 said:

I wish I could share your enthusiasm but with new users, I fear that we may see the arrival (return?) of companies with low standards, getting into the market for some easy money.

A famous publisher for FSX and its "quality" add-ons comes to my mind. Its name started with "Ab" and finishes with "us"...

I’m not saying that there won’t be some shoddy content on offer. But I do believe that there will better quality alternatives.  If people shop sensibly, then developers will have to raise their game.

• Like 1

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, jaydor said:

Hmm, thought it was some upgrade for the default VFR map of the sim. This app I already tried but using Simconnect induces lots of stutters in the sim, had to stop using it. 

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Too be honest, when I'm sitting in the cockpit of the TBM 930, looking over the scenery, admiring the weather (which has been mostly accurate on my flights), I can't think of much that an addon could add.

I guess it depends on how much you care about accurate systems and engine modeling.

The TBM apparently uses the same turboprop model from FSX, which isn't good enough. Asobo should take a look at what Austin did for the PT-6 and similar in XP11. Otherwise we'll have to rely on 3rd party payware devs to improve the turboprops, and that's not really the way it should be done.

BTW, I realize the TBM "works" and is fun to fly. No argument there. It just doesn't operate like the real thing. Or the Caravan, the King Air, anything with a turboprop engine.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

This is exactly why I strongly believe that MSFS absolutely needs a scenery gateway system which, in addition to airports, allows the community to make 3D models of landmarks and POI's.

When you have talented members of the community dish out mind blowing scenery mods for free as a passion project, it only makes sense to consolidate it all in one place for everyone to enjoy.

I'm serious when I say that these smart folks have enough talent to overthrow almost any payware scenery developers, given the right tools and support.

The days of throwing spare cash to these scenery developers for nuggets of color-corrected earth should be over. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sadly this is playing itself out with Orbx KBUR and LatinVFR KMIA.  Clearly one being worse than the other (Orbx) shows these guys need to go back to the drawing board and learn the new process.  Port overs is not going to work.  If I get too much of a performance hit the scenery get’s uninstalled.  The default is preferable now versus a slide show.  I’m done with that party...

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, Dillon said:

Sadly this is playing itself out with Orbx KBUR and LatinVFR KMIA.  Clearly one being worse than the other (Orbx) shows these guys need to go back to the drawing board and learn the new process.  Port overs is not going to work.  If I get too much of a performance hit the scenery get’s uninstalled.  The default is preferable now versus a slide show.  I’m done with that party...

What’s up with LatinVFR. Should I hold from buying their KMIA?

Maybe we should wait...  However, will we be willing to fork over the cash for native versions?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Some freeware devs do such a good job, I would not be averse to paying a small amount in the marketplace to reward their time and efforts.  

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

7 hours ago, GearUp180 said:

Getting hot in here. Maybe I should turn on the AC...

Edited by airlinejets
  • Upvote 1

The Orbx KBUR is a framerate mess but I like the LatinVFR KMIA. It looks nice and performs great. Better than the P3D versions has ever performed. Ricardo from LatinVFR actually goes into detail on how he built it from scratch. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

13 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

Getting hot in here. Maybe I should turn on the AC...

I really wonder how our old friends Abacus are doing.