Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Another review about the Scenery

42 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

NY is fantastic in both sims.  We should be lucky to have the priviledge of soaring the virtual skies in high fidelity environments no matter the platforms. It is a good time to be a flight simmer.

kaELMyS.jpg

51Tjsf3.jpg

Lol, you must be kiddding

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Some people are not commenting on the review but rather like to spent their time writing about the poster.. 🧐

Nope. Really can't imagine why that might be.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Nope. Really can't imagine why that might be.

He's a man on a mission 🤪

I guess he needs something to do during those mind numbing long flights. 🤣

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, GSalden said:

If you remember : a couple of months ago I wrote that If MSFS was able to be smooth with jetflying and support Prosim I would be among the fiirst  to buy it.

It will take at least 4 months to see an enhanced SDK. And as I pointed out with default jetflying stutters appear in the outside views.

There are a lot people thinking that this level of eyecandy + complex addon jetliners still result in supersmooth flying. If complex addon jetliners take away a lot of CPU performance than there is less left for lots of eyecandy and still being smooth.
A faster graphics card with more VRAM will help but the CPU remains the same. There will always be a bottleneck...

The link that I posted was a review like I have posted links before. Some people are not commenting on the review but rather like to spent their time writing about the poster.. 🧐

Good post 

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

And exactly this  behavior to criticize people instead of products is becoming more and more  a bad taste.

All of you who are doing this should really open a psychological forum and leave avsim to those who are using it as it is intended to be used.

Don't take every single word on a scale (like ^Honest"....) and stop behaving like childish people.

We are here to share information, meanings, opinions, visions REGARDING FLIGHTSIM and NOT  regarding people and members. 

Think about that before all of you post here. Otherwise this.COMMUNITY is not the one you should be on

Unbelievable 

Marcus

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

One word in the former title of this topic has caused some controversy so I’ve changed it.

• Like 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

If you remember : a couple of months ago I wrote that If MSFS was able to be smooth with jetflying and support Prosim I would be among the fiirst  to buy it.

It will take at least 4 months to see an enhanced SDK. And as I pointed out with default jetflying stutters appear in the outside views.

There are a lot people thinking that this level of eyecandy + complex addon jetliners still result in supersmooth flying. If complex addon jetliners take away a lot of CPU performance than there is less left for lots of eyecandy and still being smooth.
A faster graphics card with more VRAM will help but the CPU remains the same. There will always be a bottleneck...

The link that I posted was a review like I have posted links before. Some people are not commenting on the review but rather like to spent their time writing about the poster.. 🧐

I know your setup Gerard and MSFS is not for you, I just don't understand why people like Joe and to a lesser degree yourself seem to want to always but a negative comment on MSFS, who knows what optimisation MSFS will come up with and 3080-90 are going to also add a lot. We are just at the start, I just to not understand why people cannot see the huge potential this sim has, but some people want to put it down on release and only now 3 weeks in. How did P3D v5 go in its first 2 months? INOP. So why can people not even give it a bit of time and truly see how this develops is beyond me and add to that, everyone can still use P3D XPlane at the same time its not pick one at the cost of another.

So until MSFS will run on your set up with Prosim why not just wait and see how it goes and you should hope it goes well because this sim in your set up would be mind blowing.

It  looks like hopefully in 6-8 week I might have a 10900k@5 32GB RAM and a 3080, lets see how that runs MSFS.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I criticize the sim too.

I want realistic long haul flights. Even the reloading a saved flight plan does not work proper on a standard plane. Nor the core physics and some basic functions. Like uplift at nearing ground or ap and autothrottle behaviour and climb rates on a320 and 787.

This was not made clear before release. They stated all planes would be as real as it gets, even if not study level that would be ok. But it is not even close to a normal or basic standard level compared to smaller released ga planes. 

I do see potential. But also take a view on the current limits due hardware and dx11 limitations.  I have a 10 core 10900k to 5.1 GhZ with 24gb rtx titan and even that is not enough to get stable and decent smooth flying. 

Time will tell what will be prioritized at MS. For now I can not simulate a simple normal law flight with any tubeliner. And that is a fact and not a opinion.

This I did not expect on a early released product with such highly made promises from MS.

It was their marketing which lead to these expectations. Not my expectation which lead to disappointment.

For now it is fine to me as it is. MSFS has competition too and I think that is necessary too. 

3. Party devs will sell more if MSFS enhance their sdk. They will make pressure on MSFS for sure. It is a win win situation for both and therefore for us too.

But sounding here and share opinions and criticism is also needed to point them in the right direction. 

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

I wonder why that is......hmmmmm.

3 hours ago, scotchegg said:

When did Microsoft ever directly or indirectly say MSFS’s scenery is so good we will never need another scenery add on?

They only presented the good screenshots. How dare they? 😉

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

52 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I know your setup Gerard and MSFS is not for you, I just don't understand why people like Joe and to a lesser degree yourself seem to want to always but a negative comment on MSFS, who knows what optimisation MSFS will come up with and 3080-90 are going to also add a lot. We are just at the start, I just to not understand why people cannot see the huge potential this sim has, but some people want to put it down on release and only now 3 weeks in. How did P3D v5 go in its first 2 months? INOP. So why can people not even give it a bit of time and truly see how this develops is beyond me and add to that, everyone can still use P3D XPlane at the same time its not pick one at the cost of another.

So until MSFS will run on your set up with Prosim why not just wait and see how it goes and you should hope it goes well because this sim in your set up would be mind blowing.

It  looks like hopefully in 6-8 week I might have a 10900k@5 32GB RAM and a 3080, lets see how that runs MSFS.

Surely I see the potential of MSFS. That I have stated multiple times.

I 2002 already I wrote that the most realistic sim would be pr tiles + custom AG. Therefore I have PR scenery + custom AG everywhere I fly . You can see that in my vids.

I have tried TileProxy and WorldTerrain, both streaming pr tiles into P3D. But all with limits regarding the speed how fast scenery is being built up in the scenery.

Therefore I am really sceptical on putting complex jetliners into MSFS and then also expect good FPS and smooth visuals.

MSFS has never been tested with a PMDG/FsLabs ac and has stutter issues already with its default 787/320.

Summary : great looking , example for other sims , but at this point only for VFR flying .

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

There are a lot of things I want but I don't use them to go on a crusade to bash MSFS constantly.  

Microsoft/Asobo did not promise me one single thing.  I did not care for the hype, which implied a lot, but like all hype I took it all with a grain of salt.  It demonstrates what is possible, not what the entire world will be like.

All my flying is some variation on low and slow, limited use of GPS or other map cheats, navigation exercises based on real world charts and what I can see out the window.  Except for a limited number of aircraft, it is as if MSFS was made just for me.  It is a "study level" pilotage and dead reckoning sim, exactly what I wanted.

The suitability of MSFS for airliner flight is lacking at the moment, but keep in mind it is still at version one point zero.  Wait and see what third parties can do with airliners.  If worse comes to worse you can always get a better airliner experience with your previous sims.  In the mean time, try some GA flying;  you might enjoy it.  Many formerly exclusive airliner simmers have.

MSFS is not perfect, it is not finished, and it is still just a flight sim with all that implies.  I wasn't expecting anything more, although I did have some high hopes.  I've seen things that were somewhat sub-optimal, but it doesn't affect my overall enjoyment of MSFS, which has been an incredible experience.

So... wait and see.  I expect pleasant surprises in future updates.

Hook

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I could not have said it better larry, great post. And we don't need to have "PR scenery + custom AG everywhere I fly", because we can fly anywhere unlike P3D, Orbx TE and all settings maxed is also not an option for FSL/PMDG.

Anyone that knows me knows I only fly FSL and some PMDG, but with MSFS you really can fly VFR and learning to do that right in air spacers etc is great to learn and not need an addon airport because P3D FSX were so bad I could not even think about it, but now any airport is great to use, the addon ones are within MSFS world amazing, the cream on top of the cherry, O and the wonderful runways. Flat runways...no thank you.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Therefore I am really sceptical on putting complex jetliners into MSFS and then also expect good FPS and smooth visuals.

Sure, be skeptical. Many are, and that skepticism may be warranted right now. But simple skepticism is not where you started in this thread. You titled it with rhetorical bias (“An honest review”) but the mods have rather puzzlingly modified it making many subsequent comments nonsensical. The link’s content also said nothing new or illuminating about the sim, basically what we all know but with the revealing finish ‘I expected perfection, and it isn’t perfect’. You are well known for posting exactly the same sentiments, several times a week, on the P3D forums.

You're just common or garden trolling.

• Like 3

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

2 hours ago, GSalden said:

Summary : great looking , example for other sims , but at this point only for VFR flying .

The constant repetition of the same nonsense leads to.....the same nonsense.